[INACTIVE][MECH] GodMode v1.3.2 - A mortality toggle plugin [670]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by 8e8, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Offline

8e8

GodMode - A mortality toggle plugin
    v1.3.1 [670]
    Updated: 4/11/2011 6:03am EST

Download [JAR | config.yml] - Donate
    Previous: v1.3.1 [490], v1.3 [440], v1.2 [232]

GodMode is a plugin which toggles mortality. It was my first java project, and is now going to be discontinued. Immunity (WIP), GodMode's predecessor, will have the features of GodMode and many more.
    Configuration (open)

plugin/GodMode/config.yml
    Code:
    # Log commands to server.log?
    logCommands: false

# Remove GodMode when player quits?
    removeOnExit: false

# Enable GodMode globally?
    globalGods: false
    Commands (open)

Aliases can be set by opening GodMode.jar as if it were a zip file and modifying the plugin.yml. Examples below.
    Code:
      godmode/self:
        description: Toggle GodMode on self
        aliases:
          - godmode/s
          - god/s
          - godmode
          - god
        usage: |
               /<command>
      godmode/player:
        description: Toggle GodMode on a player
        aliases:
          - god/player
          - godmode/p
          - god/p
               /<command> <playerName>
               Example: /<command> 8e8 - Toggle GodMode on 8e8
      godmode/all:
        description: Toggle GodMode on all
        aliases:
          - god/all
          - godmode/a
          - god/a
               /<command>
      godmode/reconfig:
        description: Reconfigure GodMode
        aliases:
          - god/reconfig
          - godmode/r
          - god/r
               /<command>

Permissions (open)

Permissions plugin
    plugins/Permissions/config.yml
    Code:
    permissions:
        - 'godmode.toggle.self'
        - 'godmode.toggle.player'
        - 'godmode.toggle.all'
        - 'godmode.reconfig'
    # For global permissions
        - 'godmode.*'

Changelog (open)

v1.3.2
    v1.3.1
    v1.3
    v1.2
    v1.1.4
    v1.1.3
    v1.1.2
    v1.1.1
    v1.1

[​IMG]

2. Offline

King of Koopas

Installed, not using permissions becuase it screws up some plugins. Doesn't work. I gave myself permission in the godmod.users file
    #GodMode/godmode.users
    KingofKoopas

Keeps giving me the same error
    Incorrect usage of the command /god

What am I doing wrong?

3. Offline

insanj

Nope, that didn't help anything.
    My Permissions file has the line, 'godmode.*' as it lists in the original post, and also lists my name in the .names file. All my documents are identical to the first post, and I added all the commands to my personal, and my Admin group permissions.
    Any idea why I'm still just getting that in-game error?

4. Offline

MrJangles

I'm getting a permissions error "you're not authorized to use this command" if I use godmode.god.self in a group or for a specific user on build #186.

'*' does not give permissions as well

EDIT: FIXED on 1.1.4

5. Offline

insanj

So wait...
    Did you just update the plugin?
    Should I redownload?

6. Offline

8e8

Make sure you've updated to 1.1.4, because I forgot to change one thing in the version before that which caused the Permissions error. If you still can't get it to work, post back with your Permissions .yml, and any other information (like plugins installed).

@King of Koopas
    Make sure you have the required Craftbukkit build to work with the version of the plugin. Also, make sure any other plugins aren't interfering with mine. I suggest you use v1.1.4 with #186+ though, since I broke the previous version.

@Josch
    That's quite strange. I guess the devs forgot to add a damage event for slimes. I'll let them know about that and see if they can fix it. Avoid the slimes for now ;]

7. Offline

King of Koopas

I got the plugin to work, but after giving myself permission it still says that I"m not authorized.

I put down this in the godmode.users

#GodMode/godmode.users
    KingofKoopas

Ideas?

8. Offline

8e8

Remove that comment line. It's not supposed to be in the file. The plugin only reads the first line, so your name is being skipped. If you're using the .users file make sure use-permissions=false.

I'll be changing the configuration for this plugin to yaml soon enough.

9. Offline

King of Koopas

Finally got it to work. Thanks!

10. Offline

FaronFox

Ok...SO....the text being sent to the command USER is crashing the client, not the text sent to the recipient of the command.

11. Offline

Jdbye

Nice plugin, there's just one thing I'm missing. Can you add a 'godmode.god.auto' (or similar) permission for auto enabling godmode on groups?

12. Offline

8e8

It's funny you asked, because I was thinking of ways to improve the plugin when I woke up, and this was the idea I had.

13. Offline

nichiatu

Uhm, just tells me when I write /god, that it's the wrong usage of the command. I am admin, I use Permissions, set the 'Use permissions' thing to true, I even put my name in the godmode.users file.
    I use craftbukkit 239.

14. Offline

8e8

I'll look into it later. Thanks for letting me know.

15. Offline

insanj

Same exact issue I was getting. Hope it gets served soon! :D

16. Offline

Blunt

use this gives your admins permission to use all commands of any plugin with permissions support

group: Admins
    permissions:
    - '*'

the * is a wildcard of course.

Edit: ok nevermind apprently it worked so i can use the command but I need to go in the users and add myself still as i dont have permsission to use the command odd...

Edit2 nevermind againe -_- checked in the config has the # Use Permissions for user authorization
    use-permissions= and i set it to true but then when i used /god the minecraft client crashed

I am using bukkit build #210 so this could be the case since your thread title says 186

17. Offline

8e8

Yeah I'm already aware of the issue. I had planned a couple feature updates, but instead I'll do a quick fix so you guys can use this again. Try not to update your craftbukkit everytime there's a new build out people!
    --- merged: Feb 5, 2011 6:13 AM ---
    Updated! Configuration format has changed. Be sure to add your users correctly. @Blunt @nichiatu @insanj

18. Offline

popthcpoppers

Switch to essentials. More features, plus /god

19. Offline

8e8

Essentials is the rotten fruit of Bukkit. The only thing it has going for it is that it uses Permissions. That plugin needs to be rewritten and split up with the full package as optional. The whole purpose of Bukkit is interplugin connectivity, and the ability to swap out something you don't like for something you want.

If it gets redone and up to standards, I'll start supporting it. Right now it's like it was made for hMod. At least he finally updated to the new command method, but now all the command aliases are clogged up and the only way to replace those commands is to rename them, or uninstall Essentials and use a series of plugins (the way it should be done).
    /rant

(Sorry, but as a developer it pains me to see Essentials source)

20. Offline

nichiatu

Aw, thank you. You're so sweet. <3

21. Offline

Blunt

And thank you for labeling the zip file properly its one of my peeves that 90% of these guys are smart enough to code but not put a simple change to the name of the files so i don't have to lol.

Edit: well not sure why but /god still crashes my minecraft client I haven't changed from #210 and I am using your newest .jar in the server it says it reset the connection and something about unknown sockets I believe ill paint out a piccy next time. also I do use essentials but I've never seen god mode listed in the help section before.and I have admin rights

edit 2: hum? I may have accidentally set it to auto god mod me? only just found out when i fell off my bridge and didnt take damage

EDIT 3: I take no damage so far from zombies, spiders, or falling but the arrows from the skellys still damage me. not sure about anything else yet.

22. Offline

insanj

Alright, trying it out now. I'll edit this post to let you know how it goes!
    Didn't work at all.

23. Offline

jedigazelle

ok...so i put it all in correctly set it all up and bukkit doesnt even see it... so i load the plugin and bam it enables right...so i jump off a cliff....splat. my co admin are scrapping me off the beach.

Yeah it doesnt work
    --- merged: Feb 6, 2011 6:36 AM ---
    ok so i typed /god and it seems to work ow, although im told this is also a part of the essentials plugin so i dont know if that is yours i triggered or that one

24. Offline

8e8

Essentials is notorious for conflicting with a lot of plugins. If it was mine that was enabled, you'd see [GodMode] enabled on * as the message.

25. Offline

MarcoPolo1990

i changed the command to /igod because essentials have that command too
    but it only works if i disable essentials
    and /god doesnt work in essentials
    i need only a simple godmode =/

26. Offline

insanj

My /god-command-not-being-a-real-command problem is still prevalent, and no matter what configuration I set the config files to for GodMode and Permissions, it won't let anyone do anything but see that "YOU'RE DOIN IT WRONG" prompt. Still have no idea what's wrong, any help would be terrific.
    BTW: Yes, my GodMode is completely up-to-date, as of now.

27. Offline

8e8

Either you have a plugin installed that's conflicting with it (ie. Essentials), or your craftbukkit isn't the required version. It's probably the first one. As you can see, others are having this issue too, because Essentials is a hunk of shit.

28. Offline

TheNewGuy132

Hi so im running a Bukkit Server on build #232 with Essentials by Zenexer, and War 0.8 by Tommytony. GodMode worked fine with all of these, on build #207, but now whenever people use the /god command, their game freezes and crashes. Can you help please?

29. Offline

oliverw92

I am 99% sure the issues are due to Essentials, TheNewGuy132 :)

8e8 would it be possible to have an option in the config to turn on godmode for everyone by default? So when they join godmode is automagically on etc? WorldGuard doesn't seem to have an option to turn off mob damage, and on our creative server we'd like mobs on for their resources but don't fancy dying :p

Also (sorry i ask so much!) would it be possible to have it so when someone enters godmode it broadcasts a message saying '<player> entered godmode!' and the opposite when they left? We have lots of moderators on our PVP server and we don't want there to be a chance of one of them abusing /god - if everyone knows when they enter godmode it will put them off abusing it (not that we don't trust all our mods, just if you don't know someone face to face it can be hard to give them nice things!). I'd seriously consider donating to your plugins if you could get this working - I used reserved too and it's fantastic.

30. Offline

8e8

@TheNewGuy132
    The problem is that you're using Essentials. It's sole purpose in Bukkit is to break every other plugin.

@oliverw92
    I'm glad you took the time to provide some feedback. I actually had planned on adding global god as a command/option in the next release, along with time god. It will have to wait until the next thing on my list is done though, first release of MultiPort.

People who use god are logged to the console, if you have that enabled. I could add in the option of broadcasting it since you may not be the only one who wants it.

Btw, another control feature was suggested to Reserved, and I will be adding that as well, but it will come after I update the other plugins.

31. Offline

oliverw92

I like your ideas :) And this MultiPort plugin sounds interesting - any info?

BigBrother already logs people going into godmode for us at the moment, however it is kinda hard to determine exactly when they did - if we get a complaint about a mod abusing it nobody ever knows the exact time it happened and it is very hard to match up the times of people complaining to people going into godmode etc. I appreciate your efforts :)