[INACTIVE][MECH/FUN] Vampire v1.4.1 - Add the horror of vampires to your server [617]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Olof Larsson, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Offline

Olof Larsson

Vampire - Add the horror of vampires to your server :)

Current version: 1.4.1
    Download: https://github.com/oloflarsson/Vampire/downloads
    Source: https://github.com/oloflarsson/Vampire
    Read the full userguide here: http://mcteam.org/plugins/vampire <--- [cake]

This plugin add the horror of vampirism to your minecraft server.
    Any player may turn into a vampire if they contract the infection and doesn’t manage (or doesn’t care) to cure themselves in time.

Turing into a vampire
    To become a vampire you must first contract a certain infection. This infection will make you sicker and sicker until you finally turn into a vampire. If you want to stop the infection you can either eat bread or use a good altar (read more about altars further down).
    There are three ways to contract the infection:
    1. Fight against vampires in close combat. For each attack (from either you or the vampire) there is a 1/30 risk that you will contract the infection.
    2. Use an evil altar. Any player can build such an altar (read more about altars further down).
    3. Ask a server operator to infect you. There is a server command for this.
    After you contract the infection you have one hour (real time not game time) before you turn. This is about 3 minecraft day night cycles.

Being a vampire
    Vampires…
    • Burn in sunlight.
    • Take no fall damage.
    • Can breath underwater… or rather does not need to breathe at all.
    • Has a reservoir of blood between 0 and 100.
    • Must drink blood from humans or animals to not die from starvation.
    • Can not eat normal food.
    • Regenerates health automatically. (costs blood)
    • Won’t be attacked by monsters unless the vampire attacks first.
    • Can jump and fly using a red rose. (costs blood)
    • Deal more damage in close combat.
    • Take less damage in close combat except for attacks from wooden weapons which hurt them a lot.
    • Occasionally infects others in close combat.
    A vampire is considered to stand in sunlight if it is daytime and the blocks above the vampire is too transparent. So for example a vampire will burn under a clear sky but be safe under a cobblestone roof. If the roof was made of glass the vampire would burn. It is possible for vampires to take cover under trees if they are thick enough. It takes 4 leaf-blocks to block the sun… etc.

To drink blood a vampire must damage other humans or animals. So if you are a vampire you will find that it is possible to go the vegetarian way… however humans are much more tasty (you get much more blood from them than animals). It is important to keep track of your blood supply. Use the v command every once in a while. If blood is over 50 the regenerate ability will work. You will slowly heal your wounds automatically at the cost of blood. However if you blood is below 50 you are thirsty and will slowly loose health. If blood is below 20 you are very very thirsty and will loose health fast.

Curing a vampire
    The only way to cure a vampire (except for the admin cheat command) is to use a good altar.

Altars
    There are two types of altars. Good ones and evil ones. These altars can be built by any player. The evil altar can be used to contract the infection that after a while will turn you into a vampire. The good altar can stop the infection and even cure already turned vampires. The altars are made of one main block and 20 nearby blocks:
    Note how I wrote nearby. To be more precise nearby means within a radius of 7 blocks away from the main block. This means you may design your altar how you like. Put the secondary blocks in any way you think look nice [​IMG]

To use the altar you right-click on the main block (gold or lapis).

Commands
    The base chat console command is /v or simply v. This means you don’t need to write the forward slash if you don’t feel like it. [​IMG]

The base command v can be used by vampires to display their current blood reservoir. There are also the following subcommands for server operators (OP):
    • v infect [playername] *[amount from 0 to 100]
      The player turns into vampire at infection 100. 0 means no infection.
    • v turn [playername]
      Instantly turn a player into a vampire.
    • v cure [playername]
      Instantly cure a player from vampirism.
    • v list
      List all vampires on the server.
    • v load [config|players|all]
      Load data from disk.
    • v save [config|players|all]
      Save data to disk.
    • v time [ticks from 0 to 23999]
      Set the time. 0 means sunrise. 1 ingame hour is 1000 ticks.
    • v version
      Find out which version you are running.
    Installing
    1. Download the latest release: https://github.com/oloflarsson/Vampire/tree/master/releases
    2. Put Vampire.jar in the plugins folder.
    A default config file will be created on the first run. You don’t need to modify it. The default file is good. But if you feel like it you can alter all ingame messages and a lot of the game balance from there.

Plugin integration: Help and Permissions
    This plugin support the help plugin. Make sure you install that plugin. Otherwise you will have no ingame help menu.

This plugin supports the permissions plugin. Note that the server operators (OP's) always will have access to all commands.
    To get started fast:
    • Add to the default group:
      -'vampire.default.*'
    • Add to the admin group:
      -'vampire.*'
    These are all permission nodes:
    • vampire.default.command.blood
    • vampire.default.command.version
    • vampire.admin.command.list
    • vampire.admin.command.infect
    • vampire.admin.command.turn
    • vampire.admin.command.cure
    • vampire.admin.command.save
    • vampire.admin.command.load
    • vampire.admin.command.time
    Current ToDo list:
    • Reduce CPU load
    • Create better permission nodes.
    • Raw porkshop should restore some blood for vampires when eaten.
    • Add the option to allow vampires to walk in the sun when using full armor.
    • Add the option to make vampires more vulnerable to fire.
    You tell me! :) or even better help me code it :)

Changelog:
    Version 1.4.1
    • For CB602 -> CB617 and upwards...
    Version 1.4
    • Better jump and fly ability for vampires :) Now using red rose instead of feather.
    Version 1.3
    • Permissions Plugin Support
    • Help Plugin Support
    Version 1.2
    To update: You should rename config.json to config.json.old. Then start server and stop it. Then paste your custom messages and changes (if you made any) into the new default config.json file.
    • There is now altars that can be built to infect and cure vampires.
    • Some bugfixes.
    Version 1.1
    • Important bugfix. Players did not get infected correctly.
    Version 1.0
    • The first release
    Fork me on github!

I would be glad to code on this plugin together with you :).
    Please fork me on github and do a pull request. Read more here:
    http://help.github.com/fork-a-repo/
    http://help.github.com/pull-requests/
    There will be cake if you join me in the coding [cake] :)

2. Offline

davidush

hey ^^
    i have your plugin in my server,and i am a vampire now but i have a problem
    if i hold red rose and try to fly it will take me some blood but wont fly or even jump.
    can you please help me?thanks alot!

3. Offline

Axrael999

not too sure people are looking in the configuration file. Alot of peoples suggestions are RIGHT THERE in the config it just takes a little know how to change it. I urge people to just OPEN the config file and peek around in it. You may save yourself alot of breath on this forum.
    Otherwise, great plugin, although I'm still using 1.2, I may upgrade soon.

Edit: I actually completely changed the dash blood cost and length, the feather to a golden hoe, nerfed wood against the vampires a little, and nerfed vampire strength a little as well. You can also adjust just about everything else from the bread messages to how much health you get from regeneration to how much blood you get per animal. Like I said, just open your eyes a little, and you'll find everything you need.

4. Offline

LT Rodrick

Already exist, regular sticks. Whenever any of us (my friends and I) hit each another with a wooden stick, human or vampire, the vampire dies one hit kill. This isn't some kinda D&D thing, there shouldn't be a 10% chance of dying instantly when you attack a human. jesus

Also olof, is it possible to NOT burn at all? or like, have invisible armor. As in have some kind of hard to make item that immunizes you? And make it so in addition to sunlight burn, (to make it so immune ones aren't completely invincible) certain natural items, like types of plants, hurt the vampires a whole bunch instead?
    I wanna work on my house during the day, not just at night. thanks, good progress btw. byeeeeeeeeeeee!

5. Offline

Yahyahkeekoot

I only downloaded the actual plugin for taking a deeper peek into the coding of it AFTER i posted the suggestions xD
    And I love writing so that breath was enjoyable.
    As did I, except I changed the actual code, didn't look in the config.txt (I herpederp sometimes.)

And that 10% chance is for the possibility of missing his heart btw

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
  6. Offline

Blind_Mole

So, I love this idea, and I had to read through 4.5 pages of the thread until I fully realized, and admitted to myself, that the vampirism effect only applied to players.

I had a vision (read as "hope") of setting up a second world on my server completely populated by vampire NPC's feeding on animal NPC's, and connecting this "vamp" world to the multiplayer normal world via a portal or two. Then, allowing players to discover the portals, hunt vampire NPC's in the second world, and eventually spread vampirism to the normal server without realizing they were doing it. It was a brilliant idea in my head.

I will keep my eye out for an opportunity to mix this plugin with potential future plugin(s) allowing for expanded NPC types, races, actions, and settings, and all with a thirst for blood, or brains, or <insert Hollywood cliche' here>.

Fantastically fun idea you have developed, Olaf. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.

-Blind Mole

7. Offline

T4L_Goose

An idea a friend and I had that would help balance things out: How about some sort of altar or something that you could construct that would hurt vampires, or drain their blood, when they got within a certain vicinity. Maybe a 4x3 cross or something made out of wood with glowstone at the center of the cross?

8. Offline

Deyl

Very Thanx for your job) And it is possible to forbid for vampires to suck blood each other? As two vampires in a cave quite manage blood each other.

And sory for my english

9. Offline

Doctor G33K

Could you please give us some way to configure the damage and armor of being a vampire?

Currently in my server the extra damage ends up being OP.

10. Offline

Moonei

Could you add the possibility of getting infected by a zombie or a new mob instead of having to contract the infection yourself ?

11. Offline

davidush

the red rose wont make me fly and my friends cant damage me even with wood,but it does shows the massage like -3.0 blood jump or "wood damages vampires alot",can you help me fix the prob?thanks alot :)

12. Offline

Yahyahkeekoot

It is already possible. Check the configuration setting in the Config.txt (I think thats what its called, though it may be Vampires.txt) Vampires take 4.0 blood from another Vampire every hit. :D
    That's what the Evil Altar is for.

Try re-installing the Plugin. Then look at the Config.txt (it may be called Vampire.txt)

13. Offline

davidush

14. Offline

Yahyahkeekoot

hm, I'm not sure what you used to open it. Try just deleting it and reinstalling it.
    I'm also not sure that is what it is supposed to appear like.

15. Offline

Legolas75893

Guys, I am currently working on editing this plugin (with Olof's permission) and turning it into...ZOMBEHS! Of course, I am a first time coder so it may take a while. :D

16. Offline

ReapKarmah

A thought occurs.

I have the NoCheat plugin installed and Vampire's "Jump" with Red Rose is being blocked by it.
    Sure I can disable the movement security of NoCheat, but that allows anyone to "fly" via mods..

Is there any chance of being able to allow the Vampire plugin to bypass NoCheat...or something to that effect?

Another note: please remove the message "Vampires burn in sunlight. take cover!" as it tends to spam the chat when you use the PowerArmor plugin and have your character immune to fire damage.

17. Offline

Yahyahkeekoot

You can do this yourself within the Config.txt. use Cntrl+F to find the sentence, then just delete it! Simple as that!

18. Offline

ReapKarmah

I did that and then Vampire never successfully loaded at server start-up again. :(

19. Offline

Nima304

I'm having the same issue. Try making an exception to NoCheat, or talk to the NoCheat developers for a solution. I want vampires to be able to fly, but at the same time, I don't want everyone with a client mod to be flying around.

20. Offline

Lillie94

hey, I LOVE this plugin, but I would really like there to be an option in the config where you could set how long a vampire can be exposed to sun before he/she burns. For example, I want to be able to go from one building to another without taking damage, and it would be nice to be able to stay in the sun for maybe a few seconds at a time before needing to seek shelter. If that was added that's all the more that I would love this plugin!

21. Offline

Rurikar22

Try setting the permissions. Thats what I had to do to get it working again.

I take it back, anytime I edit the conf file and save the plugin breaks (It shows commands in game, but none of them function. IE I can turn someone into a vampire and they will turn but they can't do anything. If I delete and let the plugin create a new conf file everything works fine again.

22. Offline

Deyl

I can`t find config.txt, but i have conf.json. And This file haven`t Vampires take 4.0 blood from another Vampire every hit.

23. Offline

Moonei

i know that but i wanna know if you can add the possibility of geting infecting by a monster instead of having to contract the infection yourself because that would be more fun.
    Imagine, you walk in the grass in order to kill some creeper and you see a vampire (or zombie) you can kill him or run because he can infect you.

24. Offline

danzer

I don't know if someone already mentioned this, but I'll post this for completeness sake:
    There's an exploit currently where a vampire can still be out in sunlight, while wading through water, since water puts out the fire.

25. Offline

davidush

i deleted it and reinstalled it but it just wont fix,can any one help me?

For those who did not see my last post and want to help me ( :rolleyes: ) my promblem is that:
    1)vampires cannot fly even with a red rose,its just post that it took blood for the jump.
    2)vampires can infect humens and take there blood but they cannot damage each other.

26. Very good plugin, just need night vision for vampire, it's possible ?

27. Offline

ReapKarmah

Exactly.

Any way we can get this to happen?

28. Offline

Deyl

And one more question) whether Can be made so that the person who has become by the vampire, automatically passed in group of users - Vampires?

29. Offline

Rurikar22

Fantastic mod by the way. Setting up a server based around it. I changed all the wood tools to be Gold Tools just to give them a purpose.

30. Offline

Yahyahkeekoot

[REPOST]
    [Check below for the flying]

I suggest adding the following to the mod.

-Holy water
    -Stakes
    -Minions
    -True Flying
    -Edited abilities
    --Less Blood Consumption
    --Food4Blood
    -Configurable Options

Here's how I would imagine they work (go ahead and improvise)

Holy water:
    Holy water would have a paralyzing effect on the vampire. Right clicking a Holy Altar whilst carrying a Water bucket would imbue the bucket with "Holy Water" after absorbing the ingredients. [like the normal Raegents needed to cure a vampire] (Maybe changing it into a Milk bucket for the looks?) then when right clicked on the ground, it releases a Holy Source block (per se) and if a vampire touched the block it would take a slow amount of damage until it died, in which case it would re-spawn and be "Cured" of its Vampirism. Have the Water Source blocks individually "blessed" so people cannot create an infinite pool of it.

Stakes:
    This would be a Wooden sword, but when right clicked at a Holy Altar (and consuming some configurable items) it would become a stake. Right clicking on a Vampire would "stab" the Vampire and deal an instant 5 hearts (10 Damage) and the sword disappears from your inventory, which could not be re healed until the Vampire returned to an Evil Altar. (It should be free to re-obtain the rest of your hearts after a stabbing) Right clicking on a Human with the stake will deal 2 hearts with a %10 chance to immediately kill them. (So that people cannot check your Vampirism by right clicking them with a wooden sword.)

Minions:
    Notch will be adding Wolves to the game very soon. At the moment there is no limit to the amount you can tame. When they DO get added, maybe place a limit of two (or maybe three) on humans, and have a limit of like, 10 on Vampires. These Vampiric Wolves will have special properties as well as nerfed damage (as the current wolves do a stone swords damage worth per attack {8 damage i think, which is 4 hearts}). Possibly like Spiders and Vampires. Spiders in the sense that they can climb walls. (Spiders climb walls by always being "on" ladders. The Wolves will have this ability as well.) They may also have the BloodSteal ability like Vampires. They would have Regen and a Blood count.

True Flying:
    Now, in your Original Post (OP) it states that holding a feather (now a Red Rose) will allow you to have super speed and flying. Flying in the sense that you can go up cliff faces. I suggest allowing "True" flying to a vampire at the cost of Blood over time. I have seen many ways of allowing someone to fly, such as creating 8 water blocks in and around the player to allow "swimming in the air" and a MagicCarpet approach like having a glass block under the player (or four). Another Method is MUCH more unstable but i think it may work, Have it so that with a feather (red rose) in hand, they type in /fly and looking down teleports them every tick to the next tenth of a block below them when in the air, until the hit a solid block, unless they have stopped moving, (stopped looking down) in which case have it continuously get the player's co ordinates and tele them back to those co ords every tick. If the player wanted to rise into the air, they would jump and it would take them the same, at the same rate, into the air. Moving forward would have the same mechanics except it would be using the W,A,S or D keys (as would moving sideways or backwards) This may not work on slower servers so possibly have a configurable option to turn on/off "True Flight" (with an explanation it) or have it like the MagicCarpet approach by default.

Edited Abilities:
    --Less Blood Consumption:
    I think the Dash ability sucks up to much blood. Personally, I'd like to see it buffed a bit. Maybe have it .5 blood per square (rounded to the nearest 0.1 of course). This would make it more useful. I have found it inefficient to use because it sacrificed almost a fifth of my blood supply per Dash. Also, the range of "Dashing" should be raised to somewhere in between 30-50 squares as I noticed if I tried to dash to the top of a hill, it told me it was too far. (only if you implement the aforementioned buff) You could make it so there is EXP in Dashing and jumping and the whatnot which allowes for leveling up your vampires dash/flying abilities to buff them. New vampires are not as good at it as the older ones are.
    {eg.}
    You have gained a level in Dashing! Now level (10)!
    [types /vexp]
    -=[Vampire Stats]=-
    - Dashing [22/48] [10] (<-- This would be for Dashing Around)
    - Flying [36/40] [8] (<-- This would be for Flying around)
    - Turning [2/10] [2] (<-- This would be for getting minions)
    {/eg.}
    Stat EXP would be based on the amount of blood spent on the ability. So if you do a twenty square dash, you lose 10 blood and gain 10 EXP in Dashing (Rounds Down or has a decimal system also) When the player Dies their EXP and levels would reset to 0 (zero) to represent rebirth and a new body.
    --Food4Blood:
    I believe raw meat should give about two blood points per raw meat. there is blood in raw meat. A lot in fact. I think it should be ok for players to be able to carry some "transportable" blood. It would also let them bland into society better, seem a little more deceptive. Raw Meat should give Two hearts and Bread should absorb blood. Players may eat the food, with varying results.
    Raw meat gives two points of blood per porkchop.
    Cooked Meat does nothing.
    Cake absorbs blood.
    Raw fish give 4 points of Blood per fish.
    Cooked fish give nothing.
    Bread absorbs blood.

Configurable Options:

I think you should make the "Item" that is needed for the powers optional based on ID. A lot of RP servers would have a better reason to download and use this mod if they didn't HAVE to use a red rose/feather (depending on the version you have)
    Also, making the distance/speed and blood consumption of the previous abilities will make this mod a lot more versatile for everyone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [More to come, I am just brainstorming here, I will edit this post.]
    [Please "Like" if you think this should be implemented! :D]
    [Olaf, please contact me...]

I just realized, after noticing you all seem to have this problem, that I was using 1.3, which has no bugs. Olof might have accidebntly created some bugs whilst he changed stuff. I am looking through his code atm but have not found any bugs/glitches. Please post any other bugs you find and let me know if you are experiencing anything that others are bvy posting it on this thread

(Olof, im usurping your thread btw xD)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
    Deyl likes this.
  31. Offline

davidush

i downloaded v1.3 but there isnt any dash or flight in there :(
    any way thanks for helping hope you will find the bug that unables me to fly,thanks alot.
    oh also about the pvpv bug its ok now,just needed to allow pvp in the server properties.