[INACTIVE][MECH/FUN] PortalGels 0.1.1 - Propulsion/Repulsion Gels for Minecraft [803-815]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Omri Barak, May 29, 2011.

1. Offline

Omri Barak

PortalGels 0.1.1 - Propulsion/Repulsion Gels for Minecraft - By BR and TehCodr

Sorry, but this is as far as it will get. If you want to continue it, the source is Here

PortalGels is a fun little mod for MineCraft that changes your lava and water blocks into
    propulsion and repulsion gel.

Description:
    PortalGels is a Portal 2 reminiscent plugin created by BR and TehCodr, that speeds you up and makes you jump. The plugin is very rudimentary right now, and as it expands, will become much better, much faster. This is compatible with RB 803, and version 815 (Tested on both).

Download link: 0.1.1
    Previous Versions - 0.1.0

Known Bugs:
    - Lava causes damage when you are not in god mode

Changelog:
    0.1.1 - Disabled Lava/Water flowing
    - Propulsion gel no longer burns items or starts fires.
    - Fixed Null Pointer issues
    0.1.0 - Submitted Plugin

Plans:
    - Make PortalGels Toggleable
    - Add Permissions support
    - Add MultiWorld support
    - Fix Bugs
    - Make the Gels a New Type of Block
    - Add an auto-updater

Please tell me any bug you may get, the better this is, the more enjoyable this is ;D

2. Offline

resba

3. Offline

Minecraft93

interesting!ill definitely use this when you iron out the bugs and add the permissions :D

4. Offline

Omri Barak

5. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

A very cool idea, but at least for me, it isn't working right now. I get this error:

Code:
    2011-05-29 22:40:39 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to Portal Gels
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at me.br_tehcodr.minecraft.bukkit.gels.PGListener.onPlayerMove(PGListener.java:21)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$7.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:285)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:310)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:131)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:196)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:377)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:292)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)

6. Offline

Omri Barak

that's a glitch happening everywhere from time-to-time
    It's because the event usually isn't registered in the Main java file

I'll work on it tomorrow

Done, and Version 0.1.1 should fix the lava damage, if not, please tell me. Also, all Null Pointers should be fixed :D

Now I'm going to make PortalGels toggleable with a /command, and add permissions support for that command.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  7. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

Yeah still not working, but I see you've now labeled it as inactive. I give you props for trying, it was a cool idea.

8. Offline

Omri Barak

thanks. If you want to see an active version of it, moofish is making a rewrite of it.

9. Offline

Plague

please update to latest recommended CB