[INACTIVE][MECH] ClockDisplay v0.5 - Digital Clock Library for RedstoneChips [860]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Malkierian, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Offline

Malkierian

ClockDisplay - Digital Clock Library for RedstoneChips
    Version: 0.5 for CraftBukkit [860], RedstoneChips 0.9

Ever wanted to display time visually on your server? Then this is the library for you!
    This plugin provides an interface for use between the SensorLibrary daytime circuit and the BasicCircuits segdriver.
    Of course, this means that you need the whole RedstoneChips library for this to work.

Features
    * Takes inputs from daytime
    * Separates digit values
    * Outputs two sets of pins for two segdrivers (one for each digit).

Show Spoiler
    This circuit has sign arguments and automatic parameters. Enter this on sign:
    Line 1:dclock
    Line 2:[gametime/earthtime]
    Line 3:[tfhour]
    Line 4:[offset]
    If no argument is placed on Line 2, earthtime is assumed.
    Lines 3 and 4 only apply to the hour mode, and if blank, assume 12-hour mode and default offsets (6 for gametime, 0 for earthtime). tfhour enables 24-hour mode.

Note on offsets: you MUST put something on line 3 if you wish to have offsets. If you don't want 24-hour mode, "false" would be just fine, but ClockDisplay will not recognize an offset without it.

This circuit has three modes. Two are hour modes (12- and 24-hour), and one minute mode. These modes are enabled automatically based on numbers of input and output pins
    The setup is as such:
    * Hours

- * 12-hour
    * 24-hour

- * 5 input bits - direct carry over from a daytime hours circuit, 5 outputs (applies to both 12- and 24-hour modes)
    * 8 output bits:

- * 1: clock - for actuating the segdriver (goes into the segdrivers' clock inputs)
    * 2-5: ones digit value, from 0-9. This goes into the first segdriver.
    * 6: blankPin - this starts the pins for the second segdriver. This segdriver needs 4 inputs, with the blankPin argument on the second line. Take the clock from output 1 to put into this segdriver as well.
    * 7-8: tens digit value, 1 or 2 (blankPin takes care of zeroes by not showing a digit).
    - Minutes
    * 6 input bits: again, a direct carry over from a daytime circuit, this time a 6-output minutes circuit
    * 9 output bits:

- * 1-5 are the same as in hour mode
    * 6-9 are the tens digit output for minutes, 0-5. As with the second segdriver pins on the hours mode, take the clock from pin 1 and put it into the second segdriver

So, in order to get a full clock display, you are actually required to build two daytime circuits, two dclock circuits, and four segdriver circuits. They will be setup something like this:

HOURS
    Code:
    [daytimeOut] - [dclockIn]     [dclockOut] - [segdriverIn]
         1       -     1               1      -     A1, B1
         2       -     2               2      -       A2
         3       -     3               3      -       A3
         4       -     4               4      -       A4
         5       -     5               5      -       A5
                                       6      -       B2
                                       7      -       B3
                                       8      -       B4

MINUTES
    Code:
    [daytimeOut] - [dclockIn]     [dclockOut] - [segdriverIn]
         1       -     1               1      -     A1, B1
         2       -     2               2      -       A2
         3       -     3               3      -       A3
         4       -     4               4      -       A4
         5       -     5               5      -       A5
         6       -     6               6      -       B2
                                       7      -       B3
                                       8      -       B4
                                       9      -       B5

You can then take the outputs from the segdrivers and put them to clock pixels as with a normal segdriver. From the back, they are in counter-clockwise order, i.e.
    Code:
    2      6
    3      5

Where each pixel number corresponds to the output pin number on the segdriver, 1-1, 2-2, etc.
    For more information on how to work with the daytime and sedriver circuits, look here and here.

Here are a few pics of the setup:

Show Spoiler
    1-pixel-wide segment clock
    [​IMG]

3-pixel-wide segment clock
    [​IMG]

dclock inputs (hours)
    [​IMG]

dclock outputs (hours) (with slight view of the two segdrivers)
    [​IMG]

dclock sign (for gametime)
    [​IMG]

And, without further adieu, the video tutorials! Two parts.

Show Spoiler

Downloads
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Installation
    * Download RedstoneChips, and the BasicCircuits and SensorLibrary packages (available on the RedstoneChips thread) (no, ClockDisplay is not dependent on BasicCircuits or SensorLibrary, but without the circuits from them, it's not very useful).
    * Download ClockDisplay.jar (above)

Changelog

Version 0.5
    * Implemented custom offset

Version 0.4

* Implemented earthtime
    * Temporarily reset the gametime offset (revert from 0.3)

Version 0.3

* Fixed gametime offset

Version 0.2

* Implemented 24-hour mode (and tested).
    * Fixed code for 24-hour mode determination (code now requires only 8 outputs for hours mode).

Version 0.1

* 12-hour clock fully implemented. 24-hour started, possibly working, but untested as of yet.
    * Minutes digits work for any mode.

Todo

* Implement properties to do custom offsets (for both earth and game times)
    * Requests?

[/code]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2016
  2. Offline

randeri221

i cant download this rc_bcd plugin...
    beside,i want you to update it so much :(

3. Offline

littlegoodboy

hey, my name is littlegoodboy, and i to loved this plugin. I can update it if anyone is interested let me know.

4. Offline

randeri221

im very interested :p
    plz update it :)

5. Offline

randeri221

littlegoodboy i tryed ur plugin on 1.2.3 dev build and it didnt work...
    error:
    Code:
    22:22:53 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PlayerInteractEvent to RedstoneChips
    org.bukkit.event.EventException
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.ja
    va:303)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.jav
    a:62)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.j
    ava:441)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEven
    t(CraftEventFactory.java:174)
            at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.interact(ItemInWorldManager.j
    ava:285)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:723)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.handle(SourceFile:39)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:229)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:116)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(NetworkListenThread.java:7
    8)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:554)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:452)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:490)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: inputBits
            at me.john.ClockDisplay.dclock.inputChange(dclock.java:116)
            at org.tal.redstonechips.circuit.Circuit.runInputLogic(Circuit.java:573)

at org.tal.redstonechips.circuit.Circuit.initCircuit(Circuit.java:130)
            at org.tal.redstonechips.CircuitManager.activateCircuit(CircuitManager.j
    ava:226)
            at org.tal.redstonechips.CircuitManager.checkForCircuit(CircuitManager.j
    ava:203)
            at org.tal.redstonechips.CircuitManager.checkForCircuit(CircuitManager.j
    ava:86)
            at org.tal.redstonechips.RCBukkitEventHandler.onPlayerInteract(RCBukkitE
    ventHandler.java:150)
            at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor17.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.ja
    va:301)
            ... 12 more

6. Offline

littlegoodboy

yea, at that time i had updated it for 1.8.1 now its ready for the newest craftbukkit build. if anyone wants it contact me at [email protected]

7. Offline

YC98

i've got a prob with the dclock-sign:
    when i try to activate by hitting it my server-console says:
    Code:
    20:15:25 [SCHWERWIEGEND] Could not pass event PlayerInteractEvent to RedstoneChips
    org.bukkit.event.EventException
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:304)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:460)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.
    java:177)
            at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.interact(ItemInWorldManager.java:287)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:636)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet15Place.handle(SourceFile:39)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:229)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:113)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(NetworkListenThread.java:78)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:567)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:459)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: inputs
            at usa.Malkierian.ClockDisplay.dclock.init(dclock.java:21)
            at org.tal.redstonechips.circuit.Circuit.initCircuit(Circuit.java:126)
            at org.tal.redstonechips.CircuitManager.activateCircuit(CircuitManager.java:228)
            at org.tal.redstonechips.CircuitManager.checkForCircuit(CircuitManager.java:205)
            at org.tal.redstonechips.CircuitManager.checkForCircuit(CircuitManager.java:83)
            at org.tal.redstonechips.RCBukkitEventHandler.onPlayerInteract(RCBukkitEventHandler.java:150
    )
            at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor94.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:302)
            ... 12 more
    my sign contains:
    Code:
    dclock
    gametime
    tfhour
    can someone help?