[INACTIVE][MECH] BoosterTrax v1.1 - Easy Minecart Boosters [612]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Yetanotherx, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Offline

Yetanotherx

BoosterTrax - Easy Minecart Boosters:
    Version: v1.1

NOTICE: Due to the 1.5 update which adds booster rails, I will no longer be maintaining this plugin. If someone wants to keep this going, message me. Otherwise, I will no longer be keeping this plugin up to date.

Minecart Mania is one of the most popular Bukkit plugins that exist. However, on large servers, the plugin can tend to lag the server greatly. MM has attempted to resolve this by splitting it up into multiple modules, but the process isn't moving fast enough for me, so I implemented one essential feature: Booster blocks. If a track goes over a gold or diamond block, it will boost the cart greatly.

Download BoosterTrax
    Source Code

Usage:
    Place a minecart rail over a gold or diamond block. Run a minecart over it. It's as simple as that.

However, if you want to disable this, you can power the block with redstone to disable the boosting ability temporarily.

As of version 1.1, the blocks and speeds can be configured in the plugins/BoosterTrax/config.yml file.

Changelog:
    Version 1.1
    • Add a config file.
    Version 1.0
    • Releasing BoosterTrax.

2. Offline

syath

I'd love to see the block type be configurable, and as soon as I see that I'll be downloading this mod :D

3. Offline

Shadow771

I was told to nag you about onVehicleUpdate being changed to VehicleUpdateEvent.

4. Offline

Co the Epic

Really a great idea, but it crashes my server whenever I place a Minecart.

Plugins: Essentials, Multiverse, WorldGuard and Worledit (need to be updated when released)

5. Offline

Yetanotherx

That is coming in a future version.

What is the error you are getting?

I've updated the JAR file, please update.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  6. Offline

DuneTrader

This would be great for long distance travel very fast without the lag:) Good Job my friend, good job

7. Offline

adamweb

best mod on the forums imo love this idk how to use redstone or nothing so this saved my life! :)

8. Offline

overlordror

This works extremely well and combined with the other mod that makes it so you only need to type in /minecart on the tracks, it's a great way for getting around any large server. Are there any plans to add additional block functions? It would be nice to have something like a brake block that will slow you down as you near a possible destination or point of interest so you don't go screeching into a wall.

9. Offline

nerdsley

Would it be possible to add two functions-
    Slowing blocks
    Support for Iron blocks

10. Offline

AnarkhiA

than ill download it in the future. :)

11. '57': 32.0
    '41': 16.0

The file that this plugins creates contains that.

57 and 41 are the id of diamont and gold blocks followed with the speed boost.

I think that you can change the blocks there.

12. Offline

Yetanotherx

That is in the version that I had not announced. I have updated the post accordingly.

13. :D

14. Offline

snick192

the disable thing dosnt work for my im running 612

15. Offline

Smallie07

Very nice simple plugin. As a suggestion, could you add another block, make it iron as standard or whatever which can be customize to reduce the speed of your cart? In my case, I have a long track that uses your diamond blocks to boost my cart so it can travel the full length, and i also have switches in the track to go in different directions, but it is difficult to click them and have enough time for the track to change going soo fast. maybe make it by default slow the speed down my half or something. Thanks :D

16. Can you add a command to reload the config? Example: when we change the speed of a booster we write on chat /boostertraxreload and it reloads the speed of the boosters.

17. Offline

BrainnDamagee

what is the range for the speeds of the minecarts or is it only 0-32?

18. Offline

Dubstein

Todays Minecraft 1.5 Update included booster rails.
    They do have to be power via a delay rail or Redstone torches/wire through.
    Now I'm not to sure which one i prefer, This plugin or the update.

The updated rails look pretty conveniant i guess (If you don't want to place the Booster block underneath) , and since they are powered with redstone, you could make some nice inventions..

I am currently using Booster Trax on my server and it is going great. (Except for some miner lag for other players and sheep blocking my track :p) This plugin has a big advantage over the rails because you can modify them to your liking, so thats a thumbs up from me!

I guess when i get my server up and working again, ill just test out the new rails and whatnot and see how it all works. I think ill just use both :)

19. Offline

Yetanotherx

Due to the recent booster rail addition, I will no longer be maintaining this plugin. If someone wants to take the reins, message me. Other than that, it's too much work to maintain all these plugins, especially if they've been replaced by core functionality.

20. Offline

Timecpo

I don't wish you to extend the plugin, but to keep it working, that would be nice.

EDIT: "Your" boosters can speed up minecarts who're falling, the original boosters don't do that, I hope you won't stop the development when the function breaks :(

21. Offline

Absmonster

Problem is though that the boosters that just got put in minecraft by notch sucks.. I mean really... I have to put 3 rails after eachother to get it up a 2 block high ramp. I would much rather have this :/

22. Offline

javaguy78

I'd like to offer to take over this plugin, lemme know if you wanna pawn it off onto me.

23. Offline

Mufflo

I agree with you, that crap notch moved in in Minecraft sucks.... I tested this plugin on 740 for 2 min ago, the plugin still works!

If someone take over the plugin, pls dont change name on it! ^^
    Best plugin ever! "RIP BoosterTrax"

24. Offline

javaguy78

I haven't gotten official permission from the original developer, but I have downloaded the source code and I think I'll continue upkeep on BoosterTrax. I'll submit it as BoosterTrax 2.0 and we'll see if it gets approved.

25. Offline

Yetanotherx

I'll add you as a contributor on Github.

26. Offline

javaguy78

They still work with Version 1.6.6.

27. Offline

javaguy78

Still works with 1.7.2 (Build 953)!