[INACTIVE][MECH] BlockTransmute v1.15 - Transmute blocks using blocks/items! [185+]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Snowl, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Offline

Snowl

BlockTransmute v1.15 - Transmute blocks using items?
    Version: 1.15
    BlockTransmute is a plugin that allows you to use items/blocks to transmute a block from one block to another. (blegh!)
    By Request of :http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/me...bs-vehicles-blocks-185.2177/page-5#post-39480
    Features:
    • Transmuting blocks!
    • Has percentage of failure :D
    • Lose item on transmute
    How to configure (open)

Your configuration file is blocktransmute.properties
    Add your custom transmutes. The format for adding drops is
    [Block you want to change];[Block/Item you want to change with]:[Block to change to]:[Chance of success(Always is 1.0, Range from 0.00001 to 1.0)]:[(OPTIONAL)Damage of item]:[(OPTIONAL)Damage to set block to]
    An example blocktransmute.properties:
    Code:
    #Grass turns into a note block all the time when right clicked with stone
    2;1:25:1.0
    #Stone turns into a cake when right clicked with dirt 50% of the time
    1;2:92:0.5

To transmute a block, simply right click it with the specified item.

Thanks to the guys at http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/removing-item-just-from-hand.3276/#post-40182

Changelog:
    Version 1.15:
    • Added support for setting blocks damage.
    Version 1.1:
    • Added support for dye/wool/damage.
    Version 1.0:
    • Initial Release

Attached Files:

2. Offline

QQCucumber

Just tested it, it suits my needs perfectly, I haven't found any bugs with it so far! :)

Only one problem though, it seems there's no strict item idea for lapis lazuli dye, it's shared with a bunch of other stuff, but it's not that big of a deal

In any case, thanks a million for doing this!

(Also you messed up the formatting of the configure section of your post a bit.)

3. Offline

Snowl

Yeah:( I'll fix formatting when I get home. ill also try and add support for dyes and woolz

4. Offline

QQCucumber

Been having my players play with it. It certainly works well! I went ahead and added a way to transmute sandstone by using sand on cobblestone (because I'm tired of having beaches dug up so much). The only problem with that is, since it's a right click command to apply, you can sometimes transmute sandstone by accident.

Is it possible to have it so you can choose whether the transmute occurs on a left click or a right click? Maybe something like..

#Cobble to Iron
    R;4;265:42:1.0
    #Cobble to Sandstone
    L;4;12:24:1.0

This would also potentially allow you to have two choices for each item that transmutes. :)

5. Offline

QQCucumber

Hey, the plugin has been working great. :) It made it much easier for my players to make integrated circuits and minecart boosters and iron walls and golden statues and everything else.

I had a really nice idea though, since Hide seems kind of useless, I'm thinking I should maybe make it so that hide used on white wool should turn it into brown wool, which is unobtainable without using a plugin.

So I'd like to know if and when you're able to implement dye/wool support. (And knowing if the left-click/right-click thing is possible would be nice too. :) )

Thanks for being such a swell guy, your plugins are the real backbone to a lot of servers, including mine!

6. Offline

TheDarkness73

My server stopped working when I tried transmuting sand into soulsand through dirt. You going to fix that?

7. Offline

Snowl

Aiight, updated for dyes. I added an extra option for damage. Ill add damage to blocks now.
    --- merged: Feb 11, 2011 10:13 PM ---
    Did you do
    Code:
    12;3:88:1.0
    as it works for me.

8. Offline

TheDarkness73

I did 12;3:88:0.01 and when I did it, Anyone one near there had their game crash. Had to use a map editor to change it
    --- merged: Feb 12, 2011 6:44 PM ---
    Also, Could you fix the mod, because someties when I left click things with an item in hand, it dissappears

9. Offline

QQCucumber

Please be more specific. What kinds of items? Were they added to a block transmute list? What kinds of things are you left clicking? I haven't had any issue like the one you're having.

10. Offline

TheDarkness73

I had an diamond sword earlier, and i right clicked a crafting table. Non of the items were on the list. Suddenly, isee my iron sword dissappear

11. Offline

QQCucumber

So your iron sword disappeared when you right clicked a workbench with your diamond sword? How are you so sure BlockTransmute is the culprit?

12. Offline

TheDarkness73

No,
    I meant my diamond sword. Also, buckets keep dissappearing when we try to use them
    --- merged: Feb 13, 2011 2:09 PM ---
    I disinstalled the mod and buckets were working fine, no lose of swords

13. Offline

QQCucumber

Well, don't know what your problem is, because I haven't experienced any of the symptoms you're describing.

List off what plugins you were using for future reference though.

14. Offline

TheDarkness73

I'll list the plugins for you in a few min

15. Offline

QQCucumber

Build number too.

16. Offline

Jear

sweet plugin! it doesnt seem to remove anything from my inventory though... (build version 319). the transmuter blocks are placed around the transmutee block and can be reclaimed until success is reached, and even then reclaimed again.
    o --wood
    x --coal (turns to diamond..wood still remains and can be harvested again)

17. Offline

Snowl

Strange. Ill look at it when i get home

18. Offline

Ola

How do I write if I want an specific dye?

19. Offline

Snowl

Use the damage variables at the end

Ola likes this.
  20. First off, i'm not actually using this yet.... but i have some pre-use questions.
    If i chose to transmute a chest to become another block, are the items lost ( i would assume so). I was just thinking this would be a fun way to do a chest finding game ;)

21. Offline

Snowl

Yes, the items will be lost

22. Offline

TheYeti

Updated to work with build 440. Download here

23. Offline

QQCucumber

Just got a chance to test this. It works great, thanks!

24. Offline

Ziddia

Sourcecode please? If this is no longer Being updated I would very much like to have a go at updating it. If not I'll try to make one myself :D

25. Offline

QQCucumber

I'd recommend you start a conversation with him (i.e. PM him) and talk to him about taking it over, he's offered up BlockDrops before so he'll probably do the same for this. He's probably not checking his plugin threads since he's no longer updating.

26. Offline

Ziddia

I tried updating it just then, I found the source within his download link (does that mean it's open source, if he put his source in like that)?

Anyway, I fixed it all up, no errors in Eclipse, but there are errors in starting it. I'll be right back to tell you if I have gotten this back up.

PS It still uses that ridiculously long plugin string thing, how do i get rid of it?

Okay- here's the error. I will post the altered code if anyone wants to see it. It's probably something glaringly obvious but it would be nice if someone could tell me what the error meant :D

Error: http://pastebin.com/pYGDN3QC

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
  27. Offline

Ziddia

It's Nearly ready for a new release now- I'm updating it right mow!

28. Offline

Snowl

Thanks for keeping this up to date :)

29. Offline

Ziddia

Ill try at least :D

Hmmm... It generates a properties file, and I put it in, but it doesn't work. I have updated the code, maybe I'll just read it over once more...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
  30. Offline

Ziddia