[INACTIVE][INFO] WelcomeMe v1.3.0 - Fast custom welcome message [953]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by maxx001, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Offline

maxx001

WelcomeMe - The fast, custom welcome message plugin!

This plugin makes it possible to display a welcome message to a player when they log on your server. This message can be customized with text colors and dynamic 'tags' which can be used to display the number of players online, maximum players and a list of players online.

As i work with embedded device hardware and software development, i'm very focused on speed, which is why i made this plugin instead of using some of the already existing ones. This plugin stores the message in memory for fast retrieval when a player joins the server, causing as little lag as possible.

How do i install?

Install is very simple, just extract the zip file to your plugins folder.

WelcomeMe has only been tested on Craftbukkit build 556, but should work on earlier builds as well as long as they support the new CommandExecutor.

How do i format message.txt?

You just write the text you want to display to the user. If you hit enter in your message.txt, it will also give a line break in the chat.

There are currently 4 dynamic tags that you can use:
    1. %op - displays the numerical amount of players currently online on your server
    2. %mp - displays the numerical maximum number of players your server supports
    3. %pl - displays a comma separated list of online players names
    4. %np - displays the name of the player who logged in or issued the /wm command
    You can also format your text with standard color codes:

[​IMG]

To add a color, for example red, type &4 before the text you want to be red.

Are there any commands?

There are two commands for this plugin. First one is used to reload the message.txt file into memory if you change it while the server is running while the second one displays the message again.
    • /wm reload (requires that the player has server operator status)
    • /wm
    Does this plugin support permissions, iConomy, x, y, z...?

No, this plugin was made to be fast and simple to use. It does not support nor depend on any other plugin to work.

Could you show me an example of message.txt formatting?

Yes of course!

Code:
    message.txt:

Welcome to our &4Minecraft &fserver %np!
    Please read the &9/rules.

&fThere are currently &e%op &fout of &e%mp &fplayers online.
    -------------------------------------------------
    %pl
    Which looks like this in minecraft:
    [​IMG]

Changelog:

Version 1.3.0:​
    - Fixed the encoding problems with message.txt by replacing ยง with & (credits to Bone007 for Colorize method)
    Version 1.2.0:​
    - Added %np tag that displays the name of the player who logged in or issued the command.​
    Version 1.1.2:​
    - Updated to support Craftbukkit 766, easier color notations coming later.​
    Version 1.1.1:​
    - Updated plugin due to Bukkit API changes​
    Version 1.1.0:
    - Made it possible to just type /wm to display the welcome message again
    Version 1.0.0:
    - Relase

hammale and Theta Sigma like this.
  2. Offline

mamalotas1

in fact im bilingual including English and Portuguese and English is my native language I was not trying to keep sentence structure in a forum thread for bukkit there was no need for it.

3. Offline

Maiko

Thank you :3 <3 Luvs it

4. Offline

ThaAussieNub

Love it :D Using it as we speak :3

5. Offline

PATLAKA

Can someone tell me which is that texture pack in the plugin description?

6. Offline

Maiko

Posible add in an option to increese/decreese announcing speed?

It goes verry fast so it might be annoying(had many complaints from players :p)

Further, nice n easy, and heh a lil bit of bytes in the memmory wont lag at ALl if ur using a correct server (hosting it on a regular computer is dumb anyway).

Cheers mate.

Maiko.
    aCraft.

7. Offline

Gingerninjaprsn

Great, exept the standard message still pops up. Can that be fixed?

8. Offline

Don Redhorse

sigh... offline since august 2011, working for CB 953... we are at 19xx... and people still ask if it can be fixed...

sure... but you could also get another plugin to do it.... MessageChanger lite is one.. there are others

md_5 could you make this inactive, not that it will help

9. Offline

md_5

I shall

10. Offline

Don Redhorse

thanks... an let's hope nobody resurrect this thread now again..