[INACTIVE][INFO/MISC] teclp v1.22 - live player updates for tectonicus [531]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by wallnuss, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Offline

wallnuss

teclp

Live player updates for tectonicus

Version: v1.22

What does it do? teclp updates the positions of your players on your tectonicus map dynamically.

===MAJOR UPDATE COMING SOON===

Howto:
    • Setup tectonicus:
    • Setup teclp:
      • Download teclp.zip (link further below).
      • Unzip teclp.zip.
      • Copy the content to yout plugins folder.
      • Switch into the plugins/teclp directory and edit the config.yml (More infos under options).
      • Have fun.
    • Options:
      • distance-for-update: Values between 1 to 100, should be good.
        Low values: teclp updates often.
        High values: teclp updates seldom.
        Explanation: If a player moves more then the given distance. All players locations will be updated.
      • worlds:
        Each world for which teclp should create a tectonicus players.js must be specified.
        In the following form.
        Code:
        worlds:
                 world: #First world
                      - '/Path/to/output/'
                     - '/Path/to/second/output/'
                 nether: #Second world
                      - 'C:\Windows\path\to\output\' 
        You can add as many worlds and as many output paths for them as you wish.
      • debug: Default value false.
        If true gives you additional informations about whats happening.

Features:

• Live update for players positions (only tectonicus supported).
    • Variable update frequency (distance-for-update).
    • Multiple outputs for one world.
    • Multiple worlds supported.
    Download teclp: Here jar only
    Source Code: github

Changelog:
    • Version 1.0
      • First public release.
    • Version 1.01
      • Fixed warp/teleport bug.
    • Version 1.10
      • Added cavemap support.
    • Version 1.11
      • Fixed multiple outputs
      • Added multiple worlds (Not yet fully functional)
    • Version 1.2
      • Fixed multiple worlds
      • Added proper error messages.
    • Version 1.21
      • Fixed TSLC
    • Version 1.22
      • some small fixes and refactoring
    Planned/Feature Requests:

• Hide/display player command. LOW
    • Fixed/Low update frequency for large servers. LOW
    Know Bugs:

• Depending on the plugin you use, you might need to do a manual reload before teclp sees multiple worlds.

harakiwi, Hrdkr and Steve Cole like this.
  2. Offline

wallnuss

So first part is done. Multiple outputs should now work, but sadly multiple worlds doesn't. I experienced two bugs so far. First you will need to enter a relaod into your sever console to activate multiple worlds and second if a player switches the world he still will be shown on the old map. I'm hopeing to fix these errors tomorrow.

3. Offline

LucidLethargy

I must say, the instructions are a bit confusing... Here is what I'm confused with:

What does this mean? I get that you add the world location, but what is "one to many output paths?"

Ah wait, I see... "and anywhere from 1 to multiple output paths" may be a better replacement. Not meaning to be a grammer nazi, I was legitimately confused there.

Plugin works like a charm! Thank you so much for making this plugin! Now if only I could make my silly server host get along with tectonicus so i didn't have to upload 4 gigs of map every night... : /

4. Offline

wallnuss

Yeah I was tired when I wrote this,so I will fix it. I'm happy that it works for you, are you using multiple worlds and if yes wich plugin are you using?
    --- merged: Feb 19, 2011 2:04 PM ---
    Hey guys 1.2 is on the way (No there is no eta from me ;-) ), but i will fully support multiworlds and features clearer log messages ...
    But after that the development of teclp will slown down and I will only fix bugs and add features that really seems important and that might be usefull for successor of teclp ;-). As soon as teclp 1.2 is finished I will start on working on a web interface for python(and later one other languages)[python is going, becuase I find django ubercool and I want to create a web community based on it.]

I will report back asap 1.2 is finished and polished.
    --- merged: Feb 20, 2011 5:22 PM ---
    Polishing is down testing is down and hopefully no bug escaped. 1.2 is released and working ;-)
    And it's party time 'cause some promoted me to Plugin Developer *party*

5. Offline

koodough

Error :( on when I load the plugin

Same error for whatever I do with the config. No permission problem (sense I'm root shhh). Also nothing new with the debug set to true.

Code:
    Feb 22, 2011 5:32:45 AM org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer loadPlugins
    SEVERE: WORLD_LOADED (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: WORLD_LOADED
            at com.gmail.wallnuss.bukkit.teclp.teclp.onEnable(teclp.java:86)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:135)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:394)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:175)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:64)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:45)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:177)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap$ReloadCommand.execute(SimpleCommandMap.java:184)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:77)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:157)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:310)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:292)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:209)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)
    Reload complete.

When I walk in my world I get this error for everystep
    Code:
    World:9112944036700040042 not found

6. Offline

wallnuss

did you update craftbukkit ?
    --- merged: Feb 22, 2011 1:08 PM ---
    there should be no reason for this error except a old bukkit/craftbukkit version

7. Offline

Hrdkr

Works great in 1.3, thanks!

8. Offline

wallnuss

Hey thanks good to know

9. Offline

koodough

I guess I should share my failure

didn't know I have to change the name world

WRONG CONFIG
    Code:
    worlds:
        world:
           - '/var/www/localhost/'
           - '/var/www/localhost/cave/'
           - '/var/www/localhost/night/'
    CORRECT

Code:
    worlds:
        World1xeon:
           - '/var/www/localhost/'
           - '/var/www/localhost/cave/'
           - '/var/www/localhost/night/'

10. Offline

wallnuss

yeah it should be the name of the folder. I should mentoined that somewhere...

11. Offline

crazydog

Nagging!

12. Offline

wallnuss

oh good to know will fix that

13. Offline

Jonathan Bloom

Thanks for making this plugin! Can't wait to use it, just waiting for my initial Tectonicus render to finish.

14. Offline

whazup911

Is there a way to connect this with a remote webserver? ie: I host the map on a different server and the minecraft server on a different host?

15. Offline

wallnuss

I'm currently working on a webinterface for bukkit and with that is should be possible. But for now you will have to write a script that listen for file changes and then does a rsync. Or you manually edit the map.html for bukkit and redirect the players.js to you other host.

16. Offline

Hrdkr

Eh, seems like the latest version isn't working. Here is the trace.
    Code:
    2011-02-27 23:39:28 [SEVERE] Could not load plugins/teclp.jar in plugins: null
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:65)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:129)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:94)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:58)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:187)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:174)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:120)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:227)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
            at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
            at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:131)
            at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:150)
            at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:114)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:52)
            ... 8 more

17. Offline

wallnuss

did you tried redownloading ? Looks to me like a corrupt file.

18. Offline

Hrdkr

Yep, now it works like it should. Thanks.

19. Offline

wallnuss

no problem. glad it was so easy to fix

20. Offline

Maacus

I made a script for automatic position updates on the map. Just put the files from the attached zip file (or <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

It may not work because its not very well done, but it works for me.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2016
  21. Offline

LucidLethargy

Is there any way we might trouble you to add in an option to make labels on our maps?

Anyway, as is this is a fantastic plugin, thank you for all your hard work!

22. Offline

kr580

Anyone know why I get this error frequently or how to fix it? Only the server is up and running right now. I'm using HFS - Http File Server to host the map from my PC. Could that be conflicting with it?

Code:
    [SEVERE] java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Kevin\Desktop\Tectonicus\map2\players.js (Access is denied)
    [SEVERE]       at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
    [SEVERE]       at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
    [SEVERE]       at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
    [SEVERE]       at tectonicus.JsArrayWriter.open(JsArrayWriter.java:56)
    [SEVERE]       at com.gmail.wallnuss.bukkit.teclp.teclp.update(teclp.java:126)
    [SEVERE]       at com.gmail.wallnuss.bukkit.teclp.teclpPlayerListener.onPlayerTeleport(teclpPlayerListener.java:65)
    [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$9.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:165)
    [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
    [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:225)
    [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:270)
    [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.d(ServerConfigurationManager.java:197)
    [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:770)
    [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.Packet9Respawn.a(SourceFile:10)
    [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:230)
    [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
    [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
    [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:357)
    [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:272)
    [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    Thanks - Kevin

23. Offline

wallnuss

It could be (just speculating) that your webserver is blocking access to the file, so that teclp cannot write it.
    But I dunno how to solve it sorry.

24. Offline

kr580

Yeah, that's what I figured. I'll have to ask on the program's forums. Thanks.

25. Offline

Immanuel12

Hallo ^^

Ich würde gerne die auf dem Server erstellte players.js auf meinen Webserver übertragen.
    Aber da dies nicht Lokal geschieht und man nicht Beispielweise über http:// oder ftp:// drauf kommt.

Würde mich freuen wenn sich da vielleicht was machen lässt :D

EDIT: Oder ist s sogar möglich? ^^ Würde mich über ein Beispiel freuen =)

MfG,

Immanuel

26. Offline

willystylee

Is this working with b531???

27. Offline

wallnuss

<p>
    </p>
    <p><br /></p>
    <p>Ja es ist möglich es ist nur eine frage wie man auf deinen webserver drauf kommt. Wenn dein webserver z.B. kein rsync/ftp unterstützt dein minecraftserver aber einen miniwebserver integriert hat könntest du die player.js dort hinladen und in der map.html umlenken. Schreib mir mal ne pm dann können wir über ne Lösung nachdenken.</p>
    <p>[MERGETIME=&quot;1299966839&quot;][/MERGETIME]</p>
    <p>
    </p>
    <p>Should be working, I didn't tested it yet but I didn't get tons of angry e-mails about teclp not working anymore. It would be nice if you could test it and report back here.</p>
    <p>[MERGETIME=&quot;1299967611&quot;][/MERGETIME]</p>
    <p>I'm sorry but I notices some errors that should not be there. Tomorrow I will look into it. Excpect an update asap</p>[MERGETIME="1300026627"][/MERGETIME]<p>So should be fixed</p>

28. Offline

Karinth

Is there a way to get this up with TCAdmin?

29. Offline

wallnuss

hm i never used TCAdmin, but I think you want to run tectonicus on a managed server, so do you have an external webserver ? You will need some sort of webhost afterall to run tectonicus.

30. Offline

Karinth

I am 100% new to this part, I have Dynmap but it is horrible. I do have a dedicated server through Jest servers

31. Offline

Maxinova

Do you have a new version of your php file? Currently, the file doesn't work very good for me, i can't use it more than 10 second. If you could give us a new version of your file, it would be Wonderful.

Thanks

ps: Sorry if there are mistakes, I'm french.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2016