[INACTIVE][GEN] ShelfSpeak v0.7 - Dynamic Bookshelf Messages [860]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by pyromanic, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Offline

NotYetRated

Is this working with 1060? OP needs updated if so...

2. Offline

pyromanic

@Nox13last
    Thank you very much for taking the time to point things out to people.

I graduate from college tomorrow. This is one of the reasons I have not been able to update ShelfSpeak. I will also be starting a new job in September. There is no telling when I will pick up ShelfSpeak again.

I do kind of think it's funny that people expect a plugin that says 860 in the title to work flawlessly on 1060 though, lol.

3. Don't mention it. Mine still works, I think. The gray area of compatibility is whether or not it works despite the server software being updated. Some plugins break immediately, and others can keep on trucking.
    People keep seeming to forget what goes into the Group Info field. Kind of annoying, but then, I did exactly the same thing. Let me get this one for you...
    -------------------------------
    @IronPython @AndrewD544 - I suggest heavily that you two go back and read the OP. Even outside of the OP, it's been mentioned in recent pages.
    This is what a Permission Group looks like. You're missing the part in that I annotated.
    Code:
    Mod:
            default: false
            info:
                prefix: 'mod'
                suffix: ''
                build: true
                shelfspeakmaxradius: 5       ######## THESE ONES NEED
                shelfspeakmaxlines: 10       ######## TO BE CHANGED,
                shelfspeakmaxpages: 10       ######## PEOPLE!!
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'shelfspeak.read'
                - 'shelfspeak.write'
                - 'shelfspeak.colors'
                - 'shelfspeak.lock.*'
                - 'shelfspeak.admin.*'

The OP kind of downplays how important these parameters are, but the fact of the matter is that every group that you even dream will eventually make contact with a bookshelf needs these parameters. Without them, the plugin barfs all over the console log whenever someone tries to write to a bookshelf (using either /shelfline or /shelfimport).

4. Offline

IronPython

yeah i see what i missed in there im useing McMyAdmin so i didnt think about it tell now that i need to go in and and the few lines in the info section but after i got that in works fine (tho when i just type in /shelfline Test it yells at me saying im limited to 10 pages but i can work around that by saying /shelfline 1 Test but w/e at lest it works now) also changed the numbers for maxlines and radius i keeped pages at 10 seeing as atm i dont realy want more then 10 pages a book but im thinking ill change that anyways to more see if that fixes the error i was getting

5. /shelfline needs to have a (page:line) argument before any content is specified. It wants a number, maybe two, and "Test" is not a number. I wouldn't know why it wouldn't say this if it doesn't already (I think it does for me).