[INACTIVE][GEN/INFO] customMOTD v2.2.3 - Rank-specific MOTD [Permissions] [1240]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Boreeas, Aug 13, 2011.

1. customMOTD - Yet Another MOTD Plugin

Current Version: 2.2.3
    Recommended Build: 1240

<font color="rgb(255, 0, 0)">Switched to DevBukkit, please update your bookmarks: DevBukkit</font>
    <font color="rgb(255, 0, 0)">You can manage everything from there: Bug Reports, Feature Requests, Downloads
    </font>

What this does:
    Yes, this is yet another MOTD-Plugin. What makes it different from all the other plugins? Every rank can now have a different MOTD, and you can replace some words in the motd file with variables as described further down.
    For this to work, you need Permission 3.1.6 by TheYeti.

Features:
    * A different MOTD for every rank
    * Variables
    * Set the MOTD ingame

Variables:

* %(Number between 0 - 15)% - The color according to the Bukkit color codes
    * %online% - A comma separated list of online players
    * %admin% - A comma separated list of online admins/ops
    * %name% - The name of the player
    * %rank% - The rank of the player
    * %mode% - Player mode (creative or survival) <font color="rgb(255, 0, 0)">new!</font>
    * %time% - Server local time
    * %news% - Text read from a news.txt file
    * %n% - Newline

The news file supports all the variables, too, though you don't need to put in the %n% newline seperators in anymore - Simply pressing "enter" is enough

Commands:
    * /motd - Displays MOTD
    * /motd set [Rank] [Message] - Sets the MOTD for the specified rank - motd.admin.set
    * /motd set Default [Message] - Sets the default MOTD - if it does not find the group in the properties file, it should return this MOTD instead

Remember, you can also edit the properties file yourself. The syntax for that is [Group] = [Message]. Save it and you are done.

FAQ

Show Spoiler
    * I get the following error:
    Code:
             Could not pass event PLAYER_JOIN to MOTD
             java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.nijiko.permissions.PermissionHandler.getPrimaryGroup(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String;

Please make sure that you are using TheYetis permissions plugin, it is the only one supported for now.

* Will there ever be support for other permission systems?

Yes, when I figure out how to get the groups with other plugins

Download:

Show Spoiler
    RB 1240
    * <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    * Dropbox

RB 1185
    * Dropbox

RB 1060
    * Dropbox

RB 1000

* Dropbox

Changelog:

Show Spoiler
    Version 2.2.3:
    * Updated to RB 1240

Version 2.1.3:
    * Updated to RB 1185
    * Added %mode% - displays if player uses creative or survival mode

Version 1.1.2:
    * Fixed exception when no admin was online
    * Changed a mistake in the versioning
    * Fixed bug where file would be wiped when forcing a reload

Version 1.1.1:

* Updated to RB 1060

Version 1.0.1:

* Fixed bug that would throw an exception when not enough arguments were passed for /motd set
    * Should give a warning if it does not detect a permissions plugin. There might be some problems with an outdated version, though
    * Set default MOTD with /motd set Default [Message]

Version 1.0.0

* Initial release

Create a ticket , write a post in here or contact me on IRC: irc://irc.esper.net:6667/arcticraft

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2016
    Orcem12 likes this.
  2. Offline

Zocomen

Looks cool. Like that you can see how many OP's are online :)

3. Offline

Zarloc

Good idea, good plugin but, I use Essentials and i have error...

4. Can you post the error?

5. Offline

Zarloc

When user connect :

Code:
    15:20:15 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_JOIN to MOTD
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.nijiko.permissions.PermissionHandler.getPrimaryGroup(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String;
            at de.boreeas.motd.main.MOTDParser.getMessage(MOTDParser.java:89)
            at de.boreeas.motd.main.MOTDPlayerListener.onPlayerJoin(MOTDPlayerListener.java:24)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:244)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:332)
            at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.c(ServerConfigurationManager.java:124)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.b(NetLoginHandler.java:97)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:33)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:91)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    15:20:15 [INFO] connect from ip 192.168.0.7
    When I run /motd set test

Code:
    15:20:19 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'motd' in plugin MOTD v1.0.1
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:129)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:320)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:713)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:677)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:670)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:85)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2
            at de.boreeas.motd.main.MOTDParser.setMOTD(MOTDParser.java:152)
            at de.boreeas.motd.main.MOTD.onCommand(MOTD.java:84)
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
            ... 12 more
    EDIT : I have remove /motd in plugin.yml of essentials, and add motd to disable command in config of essentials

6. @Zarloc:
    Are you using Permissions 3.1.6? It sadly won't work otherwise, since it relies on the group methods of Permissions.
    The second error is that you did not pass enough arguments to /motd set: The syntax is /motd set [Rank] [Message]

EDIT: Fixed the second error, will now prompt user for correct syntax instead of throwing an exception

7. Offline

Zarloc

I use Permissions 2.7 with group of permissions and i test with all permission ie (- '*').
    When i run "/motd set Imperator test" it's ok, motd write to file and "Store MOTD succesfully" message.
    Run /motd produce this error
    Code:
    15:50:37 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'motd' in plugin MOTD v1.0.1
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:320)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:713)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:677)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:670)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:85)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.nijiko.permissions.PermissionHandler.getPrimaryGroup(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String;
            at de.boreeas.motd.main.MOTDParser.getMessage(MOTDParser.java:89)
            at de.boreeas.motd.main.MOTD.onCommand(MOTD.java:72)
            ... 12 more

PS: It could useful a global MOTD and just define MOTD for special rank

8. Yes, that's an outdated version of permissions. Try downloading the newest version. /motd set Imperator test does not need the permission group system since you specify the rank.
    I'll try to work in the global MOTD

9. Offline

Zarloc

I downloaded new version, in plugin.yml it's 1.0.1 but not on start broadcast in console ;)

10. The newest version should be ;) But with "download the newest version", I was talking about Permissions, not MOTD.

11. Offline

Zarloc

I updated my permission to 3.1.6. i gonna to test new version but link is down :confused:

12. Offline

Zarloc

Dropbox link goes to 403 error
    Mediafire link is a fail with BBCode the text link is good but the link is older version

13. The hell...
    Okay, I think I fixed the mediafire url
    EDIT: As well as the dropbox url

14. Offline

maxzjagger

Nice Going to Try it out Now!

15. Offline

emilhem

Could you give us sample configuration files?

Also I'm getting this error:
    Code:
    08:40:23 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_JOIN to MOTD
            at de.boreeas.motd.main.MOTDParser.getMessage(MOTDParser.java:96)
            at de.boreeas.motd.main.MOTDPlayerListener.onPlayerJoin(MOTDPlayerListener.java:24)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
            at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.c(ServerConfigurationManager.java:124)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:74)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet1Login.a(SourceFile:43)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:40)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:454)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:363)

16. What version of permissions are you using?
    Also, the configuration depends on how your groups.yml looks like.
    Here is mine:
    Code:
    Admins = %1%Welcome, %name%. Server local time is %14%%time%%15%, and your rank is %rank%.%n%Online admins: %admin%%n%Online players: %online%

17. Offline

emilhem

I'm actually using PEX since it supports MySQL and is quite a lot better than the original Permissions.

18. Then I sadly can't help you since I only support the original permissions right now. I'm working on integrating it with essentials, though, and they support multiple permission systems

19. Offline

MistahCheese

What is/are the Permissions node(s) for this?

20. motd.admin.set to use /motd set [Rank] [Message]

EDIT: Uploaded RB-1060 Version

21. Offline

MistahCheese

Thanks!

EDIT: Whoops, looks like the info was already in your post. Sorry about that!

EDIT 2: Getting an error:
    Code:
    18:05:26 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\MOTD.jar' in folder 'plugins': depend is of wrong type
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidDescriptionException: depend is of wrong type
            at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.loadMap(PluginDescriptionFile.java:194)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.PluginDescriptionFile.<init>(PluginDescriptionFile.java:36)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:69)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:213)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:136)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:143)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:110)
            at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:51)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:133)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:337)
    I'm running Craftbukkit #1060 and the #1060 compatible version of your plugin.

22. No problem. Let me check about the error, though.

Hmm, should've fixed the error now.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  23. Offline

MistahCheese

Works perfectly now, thanks!

Shit, uh, never mind. I get this whenever an MOTD should be displayed:
    Code:
    19:02:37 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'motd' in plugin MOTD v1.0.2
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:352)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:737)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:701)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:694)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:89)
            at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:436)
    Caused by: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -2
            at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
            at de.boreeas.motd.main.MOTDParser.parse(MOTDParser.java:132)
            at de.boreeas.motd.main.MOTDParser.getMessage(MOTDParser.java:100)
            at de.boreeas.motd.main.MOTD.onCommand(MOTD.java:75)
            ... 13 more
    EDIT: Hmm, looks like Bukkit cut off the error message. Any way to get the full stack trace?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  24. Offline

MistahCheese

Now I'm getting this whenever I run any MOTD command:
    Code:
    16:48:11 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'motd' in plugin MOTD v1.1.2
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:352)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.
    java:737)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:701)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:694)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:89)
            at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java
    :436)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
            at java.io.Writer.<init>(Unknown Source)
            at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.<init>(Unknown Source)
            at java.util.Properties.store(Unknown Source)
            at de.boreeas.motd.main.MOTDParser.setMOTD(MOTDParser.java:183)
            at de.boreeas.motd.main.MOTD.onCommand(MOTD.java:88)
            ... 13 more
    On a side note, you can't run any MOTD commands from the console; it just gives you the help screen. Not sure if that's part of the above error or not.

25. Would you mind checking if there was another error on server startup?
    Something along the lines of "An unexpected IOError occurred, please report this to the plugin creator" and then the error.

26. Offline

WolwX

Hello,

Interesting plugin, but at moment, doesn't work for me :(

Using craftbukkit #1000 (for use with other plugin not updated) and using your rev 1.0.1 but I have the same error since my test into #1060 with your 1.1.2

Code:
    17:11:15 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_JOIN to MOTD
    at de.boreeas.motd.main.MOTDParser.getMessage(MOTDParser.java:94)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:74)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet1Login.a(SourceFile:43)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:40)
    >
    I already unabled the /motd from essential because it created error

I'm using Essentials and GroupManager at moment.

27. Offline

TTlabambaTT

I really wanted this to work with bukkit permissions because i was using Mcdocs untill i decided to change over to bukkit perms and now i cant find any MOTD system that allows for bukkit perms :( any hope of bukkit perms support in the near future?
    |
    It looks like a really clean and polished MOTD system too which is a shame cos i cant use it
    but anyway keep up the nice plugin :)

28. Oops, sorry the reply took so long, I was on vacation. Please make sure that you use Permissions 3.x by TheYeti, as I haven't figured out how to get groups from the other permissions-systems yet.

See above - if I can figure out how to get the groups, yes, there will be Bukkit permissions support.