[INACTIVE][GEN] EssentialsHelp v202 - Basic, customizable /help [531]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Zenexer, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Offline

Zenexer

As part of our effort to keep Essentials compatible with a wide range of plugins, and as a result of continued pressure from the Bukkit development community, we have opted to split Essentials into multiple sub-plugins. Most utilize the Essentials core, and require that it be present.

EssentialsHelp provides an intuitive help interface for players. By default, all commands on the server are collected and added to the help pool. Alternatively, a server administrator can override the default help system by placing a "help.txt" file in the Essentials plugin folder. The help.txt file accepts ampersand-color-codes, and is read line by line upon use of the /help command.

Due to lack of support from Bukkit at present, EssentialsHelp is unable to cull the list based on user permissions for all plugins. Commands provided by Essentials-family plugins will, however, be displayed only if the user has permission to utilize the command.

For detailed documentation, including installation instructions, download links, and command description, please see our wiki. Special thanks goes to our support team headed by Aelux for this fantastic resource.

For immediate installation, download the JAR directly.

2. Offline

HawnSolo

Would it be possible to have sub-help files for various things? Say I wanted to add in tips and tricks to the help file, but didn't want to make a gigantic help list to scroll through. Would it be possible to configure the flatfile to allow commands like '/help TNT' or '/help Warping' or '/help Cannons' print what we want?

3. Offline

dg97k

he
    --- merged: Feb 19, 2011 9:21 PM ---
    nvm
    --- merged: Feb 19, 2011 9:21 PM ---
    how do u set up?

4. Offline

Zenexer

@HawnSolo That is a very good idea, I'll have to look into that. :D

@dg97k For simplistic setup, just place the JAR in your plugins folder.

5. Offline

Krispy

I'm trying to get a custom help.txt read for the /help command but I'm having trouble. I made a help.txt with a simple sentence to start and then put this in plugins/Essentials but when I type /help it doesn't show and gives me the regular readout. What am I doing wrong?

6. Offline

dmurph

can this be updated so players can only see commands they are allowed to use? If your busy, I could update it and throw you a patch

7. Offline

Napier

This would be very handy. Or even a more manual method of a new command /help admin with a separate permission node and txt file.

I like the existing override that points to a txt file, but would also like a separate version of it targeted for my server's staff. Something more dynamic would be ideal of course.

8. Offline

Freezy

export the list based on the plugin package that it is in, this would allow a quick website look-up

which is by far easier then looking through all the help pages...

9. Offline

jjcf89

10. Offline

blackmist

there is already another help plugin doing that.

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/in...flat-and-http-helpfile-topic-server-556.4000/

I like this plugin because its hassle-free and just what I needed :3
    Also, thanks for splitting it up from the whole Essentials.jar because the other plugins look like a handful or not updated to the latest CB.

Theres also a problem with the download link. Please fix.

Thanks! :cool:

11. The download link on all the essentials plugins does not work, I have tried using multiple browsers to no avail

PLEASE HELP!!!

12. Offline

Juze

Please update to latest RB + fix original post for releases.