[INACTIVE][GEN] AngelList v0.2 - Fast and effective Whitelist [326]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Coelho, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Offline

Coelho

AngelList v0.2 - Fast and effective

Description:
    AngelList lets everyone you consider an angel log in to your server, while keeping all of those devils out!

Almost all other whitelist have little not required code that simply slows the server down and can be redone in a different way. AngelList has no unused code and does everything in the best possible way.

AngelList is an overall simple whitelist. Simply put it in your plugins directory, run the server, close the server to change the properties, then run the server again.

<font color="rgb(255, 0, 0)">Warning:</font> You must close the server with "stop" in the server console or the whitelist will not save!

Commands:
    * /angellist add [username] | Adds an angel to the whitelist.
    * /angellist remove [username] | Removes a devil from the whitelist.
    * /angellist check [username] | Checks if a angel/devil is on the whitelist.

Permissions:
    The permissions node for AngelList is "angellist.operate".

You do not need permissions to run the script, the alternative is only OPs being able to issue the commands, which it will default to if you do not have Permissions.

MySQL:
    <font color="rgb(255, 0, 0)">Notice:</font> You must have a MySQL database on your computer to run AngelList!
    <font color="rgb(255, 0, 0)">Warning:</font> SQLLite is not compatible!

On the first run of AngelList you will have to close your server and change your settings in the "./plugins/AngelList/" directory. If you do not, the whitelist will not work and will not let anyone online.

Features:
    * Simple whitelist with simple commands
    * MySQL Integration for use on any website
    * No not required codes holding the server down!
    * Christmas Startup and Shutdown message for a smile
    * FLAWLESS

Download:
    * AngelList v0.1 Uppit
    * AngelList v0.2 Uppit
    * <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    * MySQL Connector Uppit

Changelog:
    Version 0.2
    * Permissions support

Version 0.1
    * Simple whitelist with simple commands
    * MySQL Integration for use on any website
    * No not required codes holding the server down!
    * Christmas Startup and Shutdown message for a smile
    * FLAWLESS

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2016
  2. Offline

Pencil

Ahh, so we need MySQL? And no it doesn't slow down a server with 50 people total on the whitelist by using a MySQL database? lol, You might want to get rid of that arrogant tone in your post, because this is pretty useless without permission support if you HAVE to be OP to use it.

3. Offline

fullwall

I object.

4. Offline

Coelho

Do tell why.

What? Also I see no reason why the "tone" in my voice has anything to do with the usefulness of the script. The script is a standalone, I and many others would like it better that way.

SweetCraft Girl likes this.
  5. Offline

Pencil

You state yours is "flawless" and way superior other whitelist plugins, that is pretty arrogant don't you think? As for the permissions, you don't need permission support but at least a config where you can add people to the staff so they can use the whitelist commands don't you think?

6. Offline

Coelho

I was just pointing out what it was, if you want to, compare the codes with all the others.
    I'll add permissions support in the morning, I just went back on to change the command list to what it is supposed to be.

7. Offline

fullwall

It's nice, just don't saw flawless - there is no such thing as a flawless plugin :p. I just don't like use of superlatives in descriptions - especially not the 'best possible', or suchlike. Otherwise, it's nice that yours may be more efficient, but just don't say that it is the best it's ever going to get, or yours is better than everyone else's.

8. Offline

Juze

Ah, this suits our server "AngelCraft" just nicely! Haha, I was about to decompile our current whitelist plugin to do this, but thanks. :) MySQL is also what I wanted.

9. Offline

Coelho

I'm happy you found it useful :D

10. Offline

Juze

@Coelho
    Are you planning to extend this plugin by the way? Such as /angellist list to see all whitelisted players?

11. Offline

Coelho

I was not, however I will be adding permissions support in just a couple minutes, just woke up so i'm a bit foggy. You can view them easily in the database if you need to, thats the beauty of not using SQLLite.

12. Offline

Sol

I can view SQLLite databases using a viewer... I can edit them too... I prefer Lite so I don't have to have stuff like WAMP running on my machine. :/

Also, I use Guestbook... I find it better for letting guests into the server while still keeping them from doing anything "bad". If you could add a mode or something to this that supports guests, then I would consider checking it out, since the official Mojang server will be updated with an official Whitelist (supposedly) next update.

~Sol

13. Offline

Coelho

v0.2 released with Permissions support.

14. Offline

Juze

@Coelho
    Could you use some other mirror, such as Dropbox so it's wget friendly? I'd also rather use MediaFire as a secondary mirror. :)

15. Offline

Coelho

I'm not fond of Mediafire because of the ADs, but sure.

16. Offline

Juze

I believe Uppit still isn't wget friendly though, haven't tested though...

17. Offline

Aro2220.com

McMyAdmin and now Minecraft itself have a working whitelist.

It would be impressive if you made a RESERVE LIST.

18. Offline

Coelho

Will work on it as soon as I get the time. Also this script runs in MySQL, which is the big difference. It is also going to, in next update, let people on the server but not let them destroy/damage any blocks.

SweetCraft Girl likes this.
  19. Offline

TheHamer

This Plugin is a FAIL. Great Idea, just take out this MySQL stuff. Also use Permissions. Do that and you have a 5 star Plugin that I would use. I wont use this Plugin simply because of this MySQL nonsense.

20. Offline

Coelho

1: There is Permissions.
    2: MySQL is Great
    Now please, stop flaming my post, i'd like to see you make anything.

21. Offline

Juze

Exactly, if you don't want MySQL, go grab Whitelist v2.3 instead. It supports MySQL and SQLite too.

@Coelho , you didn't seem to reply to my post, so could you replace Uppit completely with Dropbox for wget friendliness and no waiting times? :)

22. Offline

Coelho

Someone offered me a website to start hosting my files, so i'll probably be using that. "cookies.svgamers.com"

23. Offline

Aro2220.com

I think MySQL is fantastic but for very simple tasks it is a lot of work for not much gain. However, if you start adding user information and giving players the ability to seek and sort through it all....now mysql is sexy. Not to mention mysql makes it very easy to get the information on the web.

But my server has a no-whitelist policy. I'm exciting to hear that you might be willing to work on a reserve list. The reason I want that is because it costs a bit to host a server and if you can FILL up the server it would be nice to allow access to paying members by booting the oldest-connecting free-player.

I would imagine doing something like this:

for a 10 player server...
    9/10 slots are maximum and unbiased however when each person connects it records in the database WHEN they connected.

on 10/10, the server looks at all players of lowest priority that are connected (so all free members that are unregistered). Then, it sorts them where the first one on the list is the one that has been connected the longest. Then it boots that one person to bring the server back to 9/10

If there are no unregistered players (since the connecting player is IN the server, it would have looked at their status in the previous step so at this point we can assume there are no unregistered class of players), next it will run the same search for registered players.

The registered player that has been playing the longest gets booted.

Then when it comes to donating members, it would work the same way. Then moderators, then admins.

The catch is that if there are 10 regular players connecting then the 'oldest' one will be booted off, might rejoin, then the next oldest one would be booted off, etc.

That could be an issue so there should be a switch in the config that lets players change it so that you cannot be booted by same-class players. That way if there are 9 regular players and the 10th player that joins is also a regular, it would kick the player that just joined with the message, "Server is full and no one is beneath your rank".

That would probably be the more popular option.

Anyway, that seems to be a straightforward way to do it and mysql would work nicely.

p.s. the above would obviously need to work with permissions.

24. Offline

Coelho

Very interesting! Looking forward to it.

25. Offline

TheHamer

I can't make shit lol. I'm not flaming your post, I'm just saying dude.

26. Offline

Wernesgruner

Would it be possible to obtain the source of this?

Thank you :D

27. Offline

Juze

Decompile it?

28. Offline

Wernesgruner

Decompile ByteCode? Who the f**k are you?
    It would be stupid, the code would be obfuscated.

29. Offline

DierWolf

why the curseing?

30. Offline

Wernesgruner

I like to swear.