[INACTIVE] [FUN] ThunderPort 1.2 - Teleport with a bang [818]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Dreadreaver, May 11, 2011.

1. Offline

Dreadreaver

Attention: Development stopped. I never needed this for my server anyway and as nobody cared to support the development anymore I don't see why I should keep this updated.

Features:
    • Should work with any teleport you perform
    • Safe to use with plugins like Elevators or MagicCarpet
    • Creates lightning bolts on player teleport at the teleport location
    • No commands
    • Lightning bolts created by this plugin are harmless
    • Permissions
    Permissions:
    • thunderport.teleport
      • allows a player to ThunderPort
    Changelog 1.2:
    • Changed the permissionnode from "ThunderPort.teleport" to "thunderport.teleport"
    • Reworked some code
    • Increased the minimum distance from 5 to 20
    Older Changelog (open)
    Changelog 1.1.1:
    • Slightly improved performance
    • Fixed a bug concerning the min. distance, now properly working with 5 blocks
    • Reworked code
    • Fixed some possible compatibility issues
    Changelog 1.1:
    • ThunderPort activates only on teleports with at least 5 blocks distance
    • ThunderPort activates only on teleports within the same world
    Changelog 1.0:
    • Initial release

spence2142 likes this.
  2. Offline

Dreadreaver

Version 1.1.1 is out, changelog:
    • Slightly improved performance
    • Fixed a bug concerning the min. distance, now properly working with 5 blocks
    • Reworked code
    • Fixed some possible compatibility issues

fixed the download .. enjoy!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
  3. Offline

Simanova

Has someone an alternative download link ?
    [removed] is trying to install malware !

4. Offline

Dreadreaver

its a normal adf.ly link *sigh*
    just press "SKIP AD" after 5 seconds in the top right corner .. no malware whatsoever
    the rest are just ads you obviously shouldnt click ...

5. Offline

axebyte

All this needs is some /toggle command to on/off it and this would be great.
    While far teleports are great, when your teleporting around in a small area to get a diffrerent view, or just /ascend /descend the constant bang bang gets to you :D

Plugin works great! Just needs a toggle.

6. Offline

Dreadreaver

Well if you use GroupManager for example you could just remove the permission for the moment and re-add it after you're done teleporting.

I might add some extra permission nodes like "shortTeleport" and "longTeleport" so you could just give longTeleport to yourself or if you are admin do like "-shortTeleport". I might also add some feature like "ThunderPort.from" and "ThunderPort.to" where "to" works like the current permission node, adding thunder to the location you are teleporting to while "from" will add thunder to the location you are coming from ...

But I won't add this if there aren't more people or a at least one donor who request this as I don't really need it but I would add it as a service for you.

As for the commands: I hate don't like commands - they just destroy this Minecraft feeling for me ... I don't wanna type, I wanna play! So I will do my best to always give you commandless plugins .. just fyi.

7. Offline

Dreadreaver

as nobody bothered to request extra permissionnodes and stuff I wont bother implementing them ;)

btw: working on 798 just fine, updated Threadtitle

8. Offline

Juze

@Dreadreaver : Please remove the + from download link, you never know which build breaks the plugin.

9. Offline

Dreadreaver

No I won't.
    I admit that you have a point but if theres ever gonna be a build that breaks this plugin it's going to be above my recommended build. It's 761+ because everybody should know that they can use an older version than my recommended build as long as its above 760. If anyone decides to use a newer version than the one I recommend they cannot expect my plugin to work properly anyway.

10. Offline

Juze

I'd rather mark it #761-798 instead. Please do this, at least.

11. Offline

Dreadreaver

But this (probably) works on builds above 798 ... sorry I'll stick with the 761+ :p

12. Offline

Juze

13. Offline

Dreadreaver

Can't allow a "+"? ... lol and I thought as long as I add an optional adfree download its fine? Duh ...

Well alright removed all my downloads for now. Gonna wait for 1.6 before I do something here again.

14. Offline

Juze

...I don't know why you have such an attitude, but it's a general policy we've been following for long. Alright then.

Oh, and I'm temporarily hosting this plugin for you all.

Download:
    ThunderPort.jar v1.1.1 (#761-798 tested)

EDIT: June 23, a month has passed. Removing the download. Sorry. :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
  15. Offline

kaasinees

Thank you Juze, you tell em .

16. Offline

Dreadreaver

new version upped ;)

17. Offline

Missnostalgia

Thanks for the fun plugin!