Inactive [Inactive][FUN] NPCX + Civilizations! [1.8] Everquest style BOTS, paths, aggro, loot, guard, shops,.

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by mixxit, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Offline

mixxit

npcx!
    Version: See thread title for bukkit compatibility (usually RB)
    Test Server: world.soliniaonline.com:25565

[​IMG]

Implements everquest style npc spawngroups using the npc library allowing you to make persistent npcs/rare npcs spawn around your map. Npcs will fight back if attacked and even talk on right click. They will sell items and can even have loot assigned and be given factions and paths to walk and npc trading

Install / Changelog / Commands / README

All of this has now moved to http://soliniaonlinemc.wordpress.com/2011/09/24/npcx/

Addendum

I will be updating NPCX in the future with a rewrite for 1.9 bot functionality

2. Offline

QQCucumber

Oh wow, it would be so cool to have roaming barbarians and stuff that are aggressive!

3. Offline

mixxit

some more bug fixes and added world= options in the properties file

please be sure to delete your npcx folder in plugins before updating - warning, it will wipe your npcx tables

• npcs now path back to their spawnpoint after they have finished following/aggroing an entity
    • fix for aggro after npc death

• implemented a form of one to one chat with npcs
    ->right click the npc to set the npc as your chat target
    ->type anything in using the usual chat (T)
    ->this will run the myNPC's parseChat() method and reply
    ->right click the npc again to untarget it and continue normal (T) chat

Now need to give admins the ability to add trigger-word objects to the npcs so they will respond to certain words like 'Hello' or 'What Quest?'

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  4. Offline

Phantom Index

Do we really need to make those tables our self? Seems tidous

5. Offline

mixxit

no it makes them for you if update=true in the config

6. Offline

Phantom Index

Oh, well nvm then :p
    This does seem very interesting. Do they attack mobs and will mobs attack them if aggressive?

7. Offline

mixxit

hmm! thats an interesting idea, like a town guard?

8. Offline

Phantom Index

Exactly.

9. Offline

mixxit

ok kinda made a guard system

10. Offline

Phantom Index

Kinda is still OK This is still relatively new

11. Offline

mixxit

Spawngroup npcs can now talk and their chat can be added via in game commands:

/npcx npc triggerword add NPCID word response as long as you like

then right click the npc and say the triggerword, he'll respond!

12. Offline

aehoooo

First, this seems to be a great plugin.
    Could u add a better description of the plugin?

Yes it is big, that is not the problem, but the language... Man its hard. Maybe a dscription for dumb people like me :3
    Its kinda hard to understand pathgroup cached container hashmaps sutuff :(

And now the most retarded request that somoene will make, so ill be the first one, please make a video.

13. Offline

mixxit

Changes
    * Adding a new triggerword called 'default' to an npc will override the npcs default response to unknown questions

ie for NPCID 1 this would be:
    /npcx npc triggerword add 1 default This is my default response!

14. Offline

GhandPivot

This is way to much for me to learn at the moment, but I will try it out later, looks awesome :D

This plugin seems to have a quite huge future :)
    It's not working perfectly for me though, the only thing so far not being messy is the temporary spawn npc.
    I get this error on start-up by the way. Am I using a to old version of bukkit?
    Show Spoiler

15:40:25 [INFO] npcx : registering monitored events
    15:40:25 [INFO] npcx : initialising database connection
    15:40:25 [ALLVARLIG] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
    15:40:25 [ALLVARLIG] at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    15:40:25 [ALLVARLIG] at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Me
    thod)
    15:40:25 [ALLVARLIG] at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    15:40:25 [ALLVARLIG] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(Pl
    uginClassLoader.java:30)
    15:40:25 [ALLVARLIG] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    15:40:25 [ALLVARLIG] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    15:40:25 [ALLVARLIG] at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    15:40:25 [ALLVARLIG] at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
    15:40:25 [ALLVARLIG] at net.gamerservices.npcx.npcx.onEnable(npcx.java:393)
    15:40:25 [ALLVARLIG] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlug
    in.java:118)
    15:40:25 [ALLVARLIG] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(
    JavaPluginLoader.java:451)
    15:40:25 [ALLVARLIG] at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(Si
    mplePluginManager.java:217)
    15:40:25 [ALLVARLIG] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftSe
    rver.java:83)
    15:40:25 [ALLVARLIG] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftS
    erver.java:61)
    15:40:25 [ALLVARLIG] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServe
    r.java:204)
    15:40:25 [ALLVARLIG] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServe
    r.java:191)
    15:40:25 [ALLVARLIG] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServe
    r.java:131)
    15:40:25 [ALLVARLIG] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer
    ver.java:246)
    15:40:25 [ALLVARLIG] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour
    ceFile:366)
    15:40:25 [INFO] npcx version 0.01 enabled.

I put it in a spoiler :)!
    ALLVARLIG = Serious
    INFO = ...well, info.
    This is Swedish !

UPDATE: The /npcx npc spawngroup create and the /npcx npc create are not working at all

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

15. Offline

swedish2011

how can you do?
    can you make a movie?
    how do you do with MySQL?

16. Offline

Omniscient

Indeed, Could you hook us up with a tutorial to install the mysql driver?
    Or make a movie, as stated above. Would me nice.
    Thank you.

17. Offline

Nate204

I can't get anything to load up after I upload the .jar and reloading the server. Unless I misread your OP, IT seems that all the tables will be generated upon launch. I can't edit the config files if it doesn't make one...

Error:

18. Offline

mixxit

copy the driver into your java dir ext

i think i can do it with a manifest file but not sure exactly atm

19. Offline

TheMap

copy what driver? I have the npcx.jar in the plugins directory I have the mysql connector in the /home/minecraft folder with the craftbukkit.jar file. Where else are you talking about, can you be a bit more specific?

Code:
     npcx : initialising database connection
    03:33:47 [SEVERE] java.sql.SQLException: The url cannot be null
    03:33:47 [SEVERE]       at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:592)
    03:33:47 [SEVERE]       at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:200)
    03:33:47 [SEVERE]       at net.gamerservices.npcx.npcx.onEnable(npcx.java:394)
    03:33:47 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:118)
    03:33:47 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:451)
    03:33:47 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:217)
    03:33:47 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:85)
    03:33:47 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:63)
    03:33:47 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:204)
    03:33:47 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:191)
    03:33:47 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:131)
    03:33:47 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:246)
    03:33:47 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)

20. Offline

Omniscient

what do you mean by ext?

21. Offline

mixxit

like for me i have mysql.jar connector in on linux
    /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0.x86_64/jre/lib/ext

on my windows machine i have it here
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\ext

22. Offline

Omniscient

Ooh, extensions. I get it. thanks!

23. Offline

mixxit

np!

added a concurrent modification check to the timer()

24. Offline

Nate204

I get this error when I try and reload my plugins. I still can't seem to locate the settings file.
    I made a copy of my "mysql-connector-java-bin.jar" and put it in my lib/ext folder for Java. Still no luck =(

25. Offline

mixxit

some more fixes for triggerword spam, removed dupe loadsettings

grab latest version

pastebin your server.log

Mr-Minecraft likes this.
  26. Offline

swedish2011

please can someone help me with this?
    how do you do with MySQL?
    How to download MySQL?

27. Offline

Nate204

http://pastebin.com/upVJ947h

Im also running Cbukkit 493 due to it being the most stable for me. Anything past it causes errors in one way shape or form. All of the plugins loaded work fine. Not to say your plugin should work too, but I hoped it would run just like the others. I could be wrong though.

28. Offline

mixxit

added a check for IsOp on /npcx

29. Offline

swedish2011

you should download. http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/de...-support-plugin-feb21-recommended-build.2701/ :S

Code:
    21:43:03 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.3
    21:43:03 [INFO] Loading properties
    21:43:03 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:27777
    21:43:03 [VARNING] **** SERVER IS RUNNING IN OFFLINE/INSECURE MODE!
    21:43:03 [VARNING] The server will make no attempt to authenticate usernames. Be
    ware.
    21:43:03 [VARNING] While this makes the game possible to play without internet a
    ccess, it also opens up the ability for hackers to connect with any username the
    y choose.
    21:43:03 [VARNING] To change this, set "online-mode" to "true" in the server.set
    tings file.
    21:43:03 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-544-
    g6c6c30a-b556jnks (MC: 1.3)
    21:43:03 [INFO] Preparing level "world"
    21:43:03 [INFO] Preparing start region
    21:43:04 [INFO] npcx : load settings begun
    21:43:04 [INFO] jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/npcx
    21:43:04 [INFO] npcx : loadsettings() ended
    21:43:04 [INFO] npcx : registering monitored events
    21:43:04 [INFO] npcx : initialising database connection
    21:43:04 [ALLVARLIG] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
    21:43:04 [ALLVARLIG]    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    21:43:04 [ALLVARLIG]    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Me
    thod)
    21:43:04 [ALLVARLIG]    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    21:43:04 [ALLVARLIG]    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(Pl
    uginClassLoader.java:30)
    21:43:04 [ALLVARLIG]    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    21:43:04 [ALLVARLIG]    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    21:43:04 [ALLVARLIG]    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    21:43:04 [ALLVARLIG]    at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
    21:43:04 [ALLVARLIG]    at net.gamerservices.npcx.npcx.onEnable(npcx.java:393)
    21:43:04 [ALLVARLIG]    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlug
    in.java:118)
    21:43:04 [ALLVARLIG]    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(
    JavaPluginLoader.java:451)
    21:43:04 [ALLVARLIG]    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(Si
    mplePluginManager.java:217)
    21:43:04 [ALLVARLIG]    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftSe
    rver.java:92)
    21:43:04 [ALLVARLIG]    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftS
    erver.java:70)
    21:43:04 [ALLVARLIG]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServe
    r.java:204)
    21:43:04 [ALLVARLIG]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServe
    r.java:191)
    21:43:04 [ALLVARLIG]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServe
    r.java:131)
    21:43:04 [ALLVARLIG]    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer
    ver.java:246)
    21:43:04 [ALLVARLIG]    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour
    ceFile:366)
    21:43:04 [INFO] npcx version 0.01 enabled.
    21:43:04 [INFO] rdbmscore version 0.0.11 is enabled!
    21:43:04 [INFO] Done (0,065s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    >

30. Offline

mixxit

Copy the mysql connector mysql.jar into your jre lib/ext directory then boot it, delete the config folder before booting