[INACTIVE][FUN] MineDJ v0.2 - Custom Playlists, DJ Booths, and Speakers in Minecraft [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by SwearWord, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Offline

SwearWord

Plugin: MineDJ
    Version: 0.2

Credits:
    Credit for this entire plugin goes to @Afforess and his amazing BukkitContrib library. He did all the hard work, I just wrote 20 lines of code and implemented his API.

Features:
    The basic feature is being able to play a song globally on your server to all players. The more interesting part is DJ booths and Speakers. Booths are designated with signs and they can control what song/sound comes out from the Speakers, also designated by signs. You can broadcast pre-recorded messages to players or have a night club, etc.

Requirements:
    You WILL need a client mod to be able to hear the music as well as BukkitContrib.jar installed on your server's /plugin folder. You can find both here.

Track.txt
    All tracks must be hosted, this means you need a link which clients can download the song from. The format must be .ogg, .wav, or MIDI.
    Code:
    trackname=trackurl
    exampletrack=http://example.com/exampletrack.ogg
    Signs
    To designate a DJ sign that can control speakers write this on the sign and the right click it.
    DJ​
    song1,song2​
    song3,song4​
    uniqueid​
    To designate speakers linked to the DJ sign write this on a sign and right click it.​
    Speaker​
    uniqueid​
    Now you have linked this speaker with the DJ booth and right clicking the DJ sign will cycle through the songs.​
    Known Bugs
    I've yet to speak with @Afforess but sometimes you will not hear any output until you restart MineCraft and restart the music.​
    Commands:
    Code:
    /music -r: Reloads playlist.
    /music <trackname>: Plays track
    Disclaimer:
    I do not take any responsibility for any unauthorized music distribution. You may only use this plugin if you are authorized to distribute any music that you use in conjuction with it. By downloading this plugin you are agreeing to these terms.

Download

Changelog:
    • Version 0.2
      • Added DJ and Speaker signs
    • Version 0.1
      • Initial release

RGadelha likes this.
  2. Offline

Xemnias

He's might in holiday ! :(

3. Offline

RGadelha

No, he's not, he's actively posting in other threads.

4. Offline

Xemnias

Noooooo !
    It's too bad !!
    :'(

5. Offline

number1_Master

if i read right does this mean the plugin can read any type of music like mp3 mp4 ect as long as there is a link where the song can b listened to/downloaded

well i was on vacation for a month just came back he might be doing the same

same issue here on the speaker

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  6. Offline

JargonTheRed

Sadly, no. It needs to be in either .wav, .ogg or .MIDI. If you have files you want to convert I strongly recommend this great program, http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/free-dvd-video-software.htm that can convert a lot of things, along with lots of more stuff.

7. Offline

number1_Master

ok and then you will be able to listen to the music with MineDj and BukkitContrib plugins

8. Offline

JargonTheRed

Exactly. But you will need to have the files on a downloadble location, like Dropbox.

9. Offline

number1_Master

ok i new that just the format was an issue

10. Offline

Zxcvbnmkj

My song only plays 1 minute then stops playing... Any reason why?

11. Offline

RGadelha

Requesting a port to Spout, please and thank you!

12. Offline

Grammar Troll

@SwearWord
    BukkitContrib changed its name to Spout, which unfortunately changed most of its methods names as well.
    By the way, do the songs auto-play and loop?

13. Offline

SwearWord

I will no longer be working on this.

14. Offline

RGadelha

What a pity :(

15. Offline

Jimmynee

Would you be able to release the source then? I know the Bukkitcontrib source is available, but it would be nice to see what you have done.

Thanks

RGadelha likes this.
  16. Offline

RGadelha

Second that!

17. Offline

RGadelha

Well, SwearWord is not going to release the source so we'd better abandon this thread :(
    /give up /quit

18. Offline

KilgoreD

Hmm, maybe I do something wrong but when I put jar file into my plugins and start server there no plugins MineDJ, why?