[INACTIVE][FUN/MECH] SuperBow v0.96 - Flaming Arrows and Damage Multipliers [531]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Bitswitch, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Bitswitch

SuperBow - The Flaming Arrows and Damage Multiplier plugin:
    Version: v0.96

Features:
    • Arrows can be on fire during flight
    • Arrows can set entities on fire (players, hostile mobe, and neutral mobs)
    • Damage can be changed using a multiplier
    • Arrows can set blocks on fire
    • In game commands to change options without restarting the server
    • Supports Permissions v2.5.4
    SuperBow lets you set per user and globally if players arrows are on fire and how much damage their arrows do.

In Game Commands:
    /superbow reload - reloads the config
    /superbow damage [0-6] - changes your damage multiplier. defaults to 1 if you try outside the 0-6 range.
    /superbow flight - toggles if the arrow is on fire during flight
    /superbow entity - toggles if the arrow sets entities on fire
    /superbow block - toggles if the arrow sets the block it hits on fire. (currently does not work)

So in the example config below everyone but bitswitch has a normal bow and arrow(normal damage and no fire) while bitswitch's arrows do twice the normal arrow damage and will set players and mobs on fire that bitswitch shoots.

Chamgelog for 0.96:
    Fixed a block ignition bug where the blocks would catch fire at the
    spot where you shot an entity even if the entity had moved from that spot or died.

SuperBow.jar
    Source Code
    Changelog
    Todo

Permissions Nodes:
    Code:
    SuperBow.info
    SuperBow.help
    SuperBow.damage
    SuperBow.flight
    SuperBow.entity
    SuperBow.block
    Example config.yml:
    Code:
    SuperBow:
        Default:
            damageMultiplier: 1
            fireArrows:
                flight: false
                entity: false
                block: false
        Users:
            bitswitch:
                damageMultiplier: 2
                fireArrows:
                    flight: true
                    entity: false
                    block: true

2. Offline

PAPABEAR1010

Great stuff , works great with 493 and about 30 other mods so far, tested with 16 people using it at once so far will be more later
    Thankyou for this

look forward to your "To Do" additions
    Andrew

3. Offline

Racha

Can you make this use permissions? And people can enable or disable fire arrows.. it could be nice :)

4. Offline

Sol

Awesome. My only suggestion would be to still be able to have "normal" bows as well... maybe some kind of "special arrows" are needed. I'm not exactly sure what is involved making new blocks (using available blockIDs) but a "special arrow" or "special bow" that you craft in some way would be AWESOME. This will allow for "normal" bows and arrows as well as flaming ones.

If it is even possible...

~Sol

5. Offline

Bitswitch

Updated! Changed the config file stuff around, added in game commands.
    Haven't had a chance to test what happens if a user that is not in the config file uses the commands so be careful with those for now.

@PAPABEAR1010: The todo changes are in except for setting blocks on fire. Might take a bit to figure that one out. And thanks for the testing. :)

@Racha: Permissions and group manager support are the next things I'll be working on. Might take a bit to do. No more time to work on it today and my job will kill most of my time during the week. :(

@Sol: I'm not sure if that's possible but I'll do some research. For now I've added the in game commands so you can turn them on and off at will.

6. Offline

anon

Great! Cant wait for permission suport. This is great for rp servers.

7. Offline

Bitswitch

Okay here's the deal. I have bad news, good news, and annoying news.

Bad news:
    Haven't gotten permissions going yet. Should have done this first.

Good news:
    I got the arrows to set blocks on fire. :)
    Although it is a goofy way of doing it that I should probably change.

Annoying news:
    These suckers are dangerous(and I mean the "OMG THE WORLD IS A BLAZE! PLEASE TELL ME THERE IS A BACKUP SOMEWHERE!!" kind of dangerous) and I'm not releasing an update till I get permissions in. Shouldn't be any longer than Saturday night(3/12).
    [MERGETIME="1299816476"][/MERGETIME]
    SuperBow now has permissions support (v.2.5.4) and can set blocks on fire.

I am not responsible for servers being burned to the ground. :)
    Please make sure you make regular backups of your worlds.

8. Offline

captainbinary

One feature i would like to suggest is the arrows when on fire, to emit a light. (would it be attaching a light emitter to the head of the arrow?) Not sure how much ram this would eat with all the light calculations. Just an idea :)

9. Offline

Bitswitch

Unfortunately, if I understand it right, I will not be able to do this till the bukkit implements a setLightLevel() kind of function for blocks.
    Right now I would have to hook into craftBukkit and the base minecraft server stuff and from what I have read it would be bad if I did that.
    Someone has put it in a pull request for the setLightLevel() thing a few days ago so we might get lucky soon.

10. Offline

captainbinary

Sounds good :) hope it bukkit gets a setLightLevel() function soon ;)

11. Offline

Joe_Young

I think the plugin is a bit inflexible, you either have fire arrows or you don't, there's no way to toggle, and there's no cost to fire arrows. Plus, the burn rate is 100%? It should be random chance. What if you had a flint-and-tinder as a consumable? place it right next to the bow you are using, and each arrow takes a piece out of it's health bar. doesn't sound unreasonable.

12. Offline

captainbinary

I have to agree with this, some sort of reduction or cost to use such a useful weapon would be better, so a choice between using normal arrows, or using more resources by using fire arrows :D

13. Offline

Subcode

would be great if this works wirth arrows fired from dispensers.
    could you do this ?

14. Offline

Firelight7300

Make Killing Piggies with Flaming Arrows Give Out Grilled PorkChop!

15. Really cool idea. Easy to use.
    Does this happen to increase skeleton arrow dmg as well or only player? I want my skeletons extremely deadly!

16. Offline

malagrond

17. Offline

thepackett

updates for 1.4 would be nice :D
    and also i think you should make a way to turn fire arrows on and off :)

18. Offline

TankFox

Yes, this, I came here to say exactly this!

This mod really improved the game for me, I really like being able to one-shot the horde of monsters coming at me like I had a gun, and the flaming arrows are perfect tracers so I can actually see where my shots are going.

Regular arrows are pea-shooters! A complete waste of time, even if I manage to hit something I still have to hit it four more times before they go down, and that's IF I'm not hitting any lag. It makes PvP extremely exciting too, on damage 6 a fully diamond armored person can survive two hits, no more!

CraftBukketUpToDate is really where it's at, it would be impossible to keep up to speed with all my plugins without it!

19. Offline

massacrer

Hey, firstly cheers for such an awesome plugin, sniping has never been easier ;)
    Just posting to give you a heads up, on CB 612, left-clicking the mouse will also release an arrow, with player-appropriate settings, but without the 'twang' sound, and with a ~1 second delay between launches. I'm guessing that this is something to do with the move to PlayerInteractEvent (had a bit of a problem with this on a plugin i'm making as well), so just to let you know. Other than that, peace :cool:

20. Offline

Steve Member

The error is:
    Code:
    02:05:18 [SEVERE] Could not load plugins\SuperBow.jar in plugins: null
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:65)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:158)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:106)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:63)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:215)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:202)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:142)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:257)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)
    Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
            at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
            at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
            at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
            at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:52)
            ... 8 more

21. Offline

Flenix

Suggestion:
    To use a fire arrow, the player should have to have a flint + steel in their inventory, and that gets "used" as they shoot the flaming arrows (as if they were lighting the arrows before shooting)

Also, is there a config for the burn time duration? ie, when you set a mob on fire, how long before they go out? I'd only want it very brief, so it doesn't do too much more damage than a standard bow..

*EDIT*
    Looking through the thread, I feel the modder has disappeared. Anyone wanna pick up where they left off and update this? I'd do it but wouldn't know where to start...

22. Offline

Aikuza

Its unfortunate that the modder disappeared. I cant get this mod to work. I dont know if I need to create a config.yml or what (tried it though).

None of the commands work in game and Ive uploaded the .jar into my Plugins file. I shouldnt have anything that conflicts with it as I dont have many mods at all. Any ideas?

@Flenix good suggestion

23. Offline

Flenix

What CB are you using? I'm guessing somewhere between 531 (this mods last version) and 670 (current recommended build), something broke it. Probably around 600 (MC 1.4 update)

24. Offline

Aikuza

#627 is what I was using for it. I just updated to 670 though. Thanks for the reply!

25. Offline

mcore

Im on build 617 And it literally doesnt work, Do i need to update to 670 for it to work?

26. Offline

anon

It wont work, plugin was not updated.

27. Offline

Morczor

28. Offline

L24D

Dude! I super appreciate this! You're the best! :D
    Getting ready to test it out now...

[EDIT]: it works, but the fire doesn't.. :p
    not sure what's up...
    still an amazing job getting it working though :D

29. Offline

MustardFTW

Can anyone update it to make the fire work?
    Thanks

30. Offline

BioRage

2011-04-19 05:11:38 [SEVERE] Nag author: 'Anthony "bitswitch" Burchette' of 'SuperBow' about the following: onPlayerCommandPreprocess has been replaced with a new signature, (PlayerCommandPreprocessEvent)