[INACTIVE][FUN/MECH] PwnCraft v1.06 - The RPG PvP Plugin [740]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Uremir, May 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Uremir

PwnCraft - The RPG PvP Plugin:
    Version: v1.06

PwnCraft is an advanced system of classes and leveling that grants unique abilities as you level. You can gain experience by mining, placing blocks, killing monsters, and especially killing players. PwnCraft adds a RPG and PvP experience to your server unlike any you have ever seen. Even if your server isn't PvP oriented, the RPG aspect of PwnCraft is still amazing due to our fantastic class system. Watch the video below for a preview of the Wizard.

Features:
    * Advanced class system

- * Choose your class upon reaching level one.
    * Gain unique, class specific abilities as you level.
    - Advanced leveling system
    * Receive EXP for mining and placing blocks, and killing creatures and players.
    * Level up upon receiving a set amount of EXP.
    - Amazing Help Menu
    * "/pc help" for an awesome help menu
    * "/pc command list" for a list of available commands

* A Rock-Paper-Scissors Balance System

- * Assassins are powerful against Wizards
    * Wizards are powerful against Warriors
    * Warriors are powerful against Assassins

* Assassin class
    Show Spoiler
    - * Level 1: Stealth (Become temporarily hidden from enemies with a feather)
    * Level 2: Enhanced Agility (Temporary sprint and half falling damage - SHIFT)
    * Level 3: Pick Pocket (Chance to steal a random item from a player with a slime ball)
    * Level 4: Poisoned Blades (Sword attacks do additional damage over time)
    * Level 5: Murder (Heal for 2 hearts on killing an enemy player)
    * Level 6: Crippling Poison (Sword attacks have a chance to slow enemy movement)
    * Level 7: Back Stab (High chance when attacking from behind with a sword to do 1.5x damage)

- Warrior class
    Show Spoiler
    * Level 1: Battle Vision (You see your enemies' remaining HP on damaging them)
    * Level 2: Ferocious Charge (You uncontrollably rush forwards with your axe - SHIFT)
    * Level 3: Block (Small chance to block an enemy's attack)
    * Level 4: Combat Training (You passively do slightly more damage)
    * Level 5: Thick Skin (Immune to damage over time effects like fire and poison)
    * Level 6: Decisive Blow (High cooldown strike for 2x damage with your sword)

* Level 7: Counter Attack (Small chance to counter an enemy's attack)

- Wizard class
    Show Spoiler
    * Level 1: Blast (Blast a small section for low damage - Torch)
    * Level 2: Blink (Teleport forward a short distance - SHIFT)
    * Level 3: Frost Bomb (A small frost explosion for low damage that slows enemies - Snow Ball)
    * Level 4: Nature's Grasp (Nature temporarily encases a small area - Sapling)
    * Level 5: Lightning Strike (Lightning strikes the ground in a very small area for moderate damage - Redstone Torch)
    * Level 6: Bone Shield (Create a protective shield of bone around yourself - Bone)
    * Level 7: Time Warp (Halts all enemy movement around you for a short time - Clock)

Wizard Preview:

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Co-Developer: Danton
    Danton's Profile: http://forums.bukkit.org/members/danton.59135/

Installation:
    * Download the latest Minecraft Server
    * Download the latest CraftBukkit.snapshot
    * Place the CraftBukkit.snapshot in your server folder
    * Run the CraftBukkit.snapshot that is in your server folder
    * Download the PwnCraft.jar
    * Drag the PwnCraft.jar into your plugin folder
    * Shut down your server all the way
    * Re-launch your server

Planned Features:
    * Paladin
    * Cleric
    * Monk
    * Ranger
    * Party System
    * Races (Possibly)

Special Thanks:
    * Crash for helping me with the "behind" an enemy algorithm.
    * Samkio for making awesome video guides to get Danton and I started.
    * Anyone and everyone who posts feedback and supports PwnCraft.

Support:
    * Spread the word! Tell your friends about PwnCraft to help spread this awesome plugin!
    * Please, post ANY bugs that you find in PwnCraft! I will be checking this thread every day to fix any and every bug.
    * Have a suggestion for a class/ability/other? Post it! If we like your idea, we will incorporate it!
    * Like PwnCraft or the troubleshooting we post here? Then like it!
    * Of course, you can always DONATE to help support the development of PwnCraft.

Changelog:
    Show Spoiler
    Version 1.06
    * Wizards now gain experience by casting spells to compensate for the cost of reagents
    * All of the warriors abilities have been fixed (There was a miscommunication on file transfer between Danton and myself, causing most warrior abilities to bug)
    * Assassins are now slowed in stealth
    * Player kills now grant between 10 and 50 EXP per kill
    * Mining gold ore now only grants 4 EXP per block to prevent exploiting the experience system
    * Blink is now only usable on a targeted block within a 40 block distance
    * All instances of the class "Soldier" instead of "Warrior" in the help menu have been changed
    * Added the armor limitations to Wizards (The limitation is leather armor only; it was on Assassins before and I forgot to add in the line to limit the wizard as well)
    * Blast now affects a slightly larger area to ease targeting issues
    * Many wizard cool-downs have been lowered to foster more active spell usage

Version 1.05
    * Changed the OP fix to no longer require logging in and out
    * Changed the OP fix to no longer require "offlineOPs.txt"
    * Greatly simplified the logic of checking for OP (Should work much more smoothly now)

Version 1.04
    * Adjusted the reward for killing players to prevent kill trading "power leveling"
    * Nature's Grasp now begins to despawn after 10 seconds
    * Fixed the issue with never ending slows and sprint
    * Fixed all issues with joining as an OP (This includes Essentials and pretty much every other conflicting plugin) (If you are an OP you must join your server, close Minecraft, and rejoin your server after every server reset to make it work. If you have logged in since a server reset, you do not have to do this.)
    * Added "offlineOPs.txt" to prevent any loss of OP names due to the new compatibility fixes.

Version 1.03
    * Adjusted the ordering in the onPlayerJoin method to hopefully solve failure to initialize players into the HashMap
    * Added back the "/pc help leveling EXP" command that I accidentally deleted
    * Prevented NullPointerException from the checkTS method

Version 1.02
    * Fixed the ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when using certain commands
    * Fixed the nullPointerException onPlayerMove
    * Added the hook for Permissions support

Version 1.01
    * Fixed the nullPointerException onPlayerJoin.
    * Hopefully fixed the nullPointerException onPlayerMove.
    * Grass blocks now grants 1 EXP for breaking them.

Version 1.00
    * PwnCraft initial release

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2016
    Mikhos, Chuckster, Wakko and 3 others like this.
  2. Offline

Uremir

We were considering TnT arrows... I was also thinking about taming monsters, but what you said is correct... That would be WAY too much... That is a plugin itself... Possibly crit arrows, but I really want a cool effect. As for the blink: I will try to throw that change in soon, shouldn't be hard.

3. Offline

turtlelink2

A slightly humors versioin of tnt arrows, shoot an arrow, spawn a creeper there...also you would have to worry about things like worldedit's blocked tnt ignition thing, and if its not already in, how about a overpowerd single high-cooldown lighting arrow, shoot an arrow at the spot and its struck by lighting setting the player on fire, or if not fire than just high damage lightning. (lightning is the coolest effect in minecraft I think)

4. Offline

Uremir

We were going to also do the lightning arrow, but that just seems like a gimpy mage knockoff... Spawning a creeper isn't realistic enough for me. :p Any other ideas?

5. Offline

lovehandle

Piercing arrows (probably not very high level, but like shooting arows through walls)? Tame Monster (like have a monster that you can summon to your side at any time)? plant mines/traps?

6. Offline

Uremir

I was considering piercing arrows for a lower level ability, but decided it was impossible. Same for taming other monsters besides wolfs. And we already have a trap(s) in the ranger's kit. We really need a show stopping, level 7 ability.

7. Offline

turtlelink2

can you turn lighting sideways? doubt it but if you could make it orriginate from the bow that would be preaty fancy..

8. Offline

Uremir

Haha! I don't think we could pull that off... :p

9. Offline

turtlelink2

hmmm well there arnt many "show stopping" effects on minecraft,...passive ability that slowly collects free arrows?... fire arrow? (leaves a trail of fire behind it)... can you change the tradjectory of arrows? usualy they curve down slowly, maybe you could have a "sniper shot" that does massive damage and continues straight without giving in to gravity for X amount of seconds...

EDIT: it should also inherit the traits of some of the previous level arrows (piercing shot for example)

10. Offline

lovehandle

Do you already have incapacitating arrows?

I still can't figure out what is causing conflicts on my server..
    Code:
    2011-05-11 21:08:41 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to PwnCraft
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at me.Uremir.PwnCraft.pcPlayerListener.onPlayerMove(pcPlayerListener.java:190)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$7.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:242)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:257)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:130)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:195)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:74)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:370)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:257)
    2011-05-11 21:08:41 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to PwnCraft
        at me.Uremir.PwnCraft.pcPlayerListener.onPlayerInteract(pcPlayerListener.java:131)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$9.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:254)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:162)
        at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.dig(ItemInWorldManager.java:64)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:433)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet14BlockDig.a(SourceFile:42)
    I switched from HeroChat to nChat, and tried to remove EpicZones. I have so many plugins on the server though. Residence maybe? Nethrar? Fight?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  11. Offline

turtlelink2

go through the plugins putting them into your server 1 at a time, thats what i did =P takes a while though...

12. Offline

lovehandle

So far, I've tried to uninstall the following:
    Residence, ServerBot, BedHeal, NoCheat, Nethrar, Stargate, Compass, Fight, LogBlock, mcMMO, MusicCraft, nChat, HeroChat

Still haven't found the problem. It could be a combination of two or more of the above, or another plugin.

Have you guys tried this in conjunction with WorldEdit?

13. Offline

turtlelink2

worldedit, worldguard, xauth, multiverse, multiinv, controllerblock, all essentials except chat, all work for sure, instead of takeing 1 out at a time, take them all out and put 1 in at a time, its much more convinient i think..

14. Offline

aom

Full list of my plugins: World edit/guard, towny, Netherar, Jobs, BinarySkates, xAuth, multiinv, openinv, iChat, commandbook, falsebook, lwc, runecraft, signcommands, myHome, Permissions, War, Seats, Vampire, worlmhole. PwnCraft btw)
    Uninstalling Jobs help to remove.

Code:
    [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to PwnCraft
    And for level 7 skill. Can you create summon of tamed wolf/wolves ? Or some other mob.
    Or multishot ?

15. Offline

turtlelink2

both those abilitys are planned (mentioned above) and if I remember correctly, runecraft doesn't get along so I would try that....the error mentions flying...witch plugin allows you to fly?

16. Offline

lovehandle

here's what I have, from that list, that I have not tested against yet. and am still getting the same error...:
    World edit/guard, Netherar, openinv, iChat, falsebook, lwc, Permissions

But I hear iChat is incompatible, I think.

17. Offline

turtlelink2

No ichat works, I got it on mine, infact that's the only one of the above i do have =P lol

18. Offline

aom

Vampire. Disableing it doesn't help.
    But I continue to recive such error.

Code:
    2011-05-11 13:25:26 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to PwnCraft
        at me.Uremir.PwnCraft.pcPlayerListener.onPlayerMove(pcPlayerListener.java:209)
    UPD: iChat is disabled, but the errors continue.

19. Offline

lovehandle

ive tried it with everything on and off now, and on a separate server instance... with all of my plugins... it works. So...

Did a clean restart and offline install. Everything works like a charm. Thanks for the great plugin!

BUG REPORT: /pc help warrior works but /pc help soldier does not, but the class is called soldier and not warrior now..

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  20. Offline

fragen

This error is spammed in the log all the time:

Code:
    2011-05-11 14:58:38 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to PwnCraft
        at me.Uremir.PwnCraft.pcPlayerListener.onPlayerMove(pcPlayerListener.java:163)

21. Offline

Uremir

To all of the people receiving error messages: You really have to tell me what plugin it conflicts with. I can't test PwnCraft against every other plugin. It would waste my time and wouldn't even be fruitful. So please, if you're receiving errors you should identify the problem plugin, tell me the scenario that caused the problem, and send me your error logs.

22. Offline

Zenferno

Some ideas for the Ranger ability.
    Strider - Rangers can climb leaf and tree blocks and gain a boost to jump when on leaves.
    Advantageous Shot - Boost in damage when the Ranger is higher up than his target.
    Pack Mate - Gain a passive boost (speed, etc.) that scales up with the number of tamed wolves you have with you. Small chance to auto-tame untamed wolves nearby.

23. Offline

DarKMaKa

Hi,

I tested all mods with PwnCraft, and it's when we put Citizen's mod:

24. Offline

froobasaures

constantly getting this: please help 20:06:41 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to PwnCraft
    20:06:41 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to PwnCraft
    20:06:41 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to PwnCraft

25. Offline

DanteThanatos

I would love to configure this Beast a little more. Like the Blink ability.
    Also just a suggestion... how about adding the 2 races Elf and Dwarf being the only diference that the Dwarf never Sneak(Name never disapear) and the Elf is always with their name considered as Sneaking? Why not adding 15% more/less (Elf/Dwarf respectively) damage taken because of your race? Is that possible? Paladins could be Immune to arrows while using an ability or Shield(Item ID being pointed as 'Shield')

Sorry if I repeated some of the ideas already on the thread...I didn't read all of it ._.
    Awesome plugin o/

EDIT: Just reading about the pages and this went in front of me "show stopping, level 7 Ability"
    for the Ranger. I always think that TNT+bunch of arrows = Arrow Rain. That said, how about an ability called: Blot Out The Sun(300 yes).I dunno...throw an entire 64 Arrow Stack in a fixed angle that cover the entire area just in front of the Ranger. o_o (Im not saying"Use TNT" im saying "The Same Effect as using TNT to THROW the 64 arrows")

EDIT2: About the Blast animation...How about the monster dying animation? The cloud of smoke that appears when a creep dies almost blind me every time I'm to close to the dying creep. How about the smoke cloud being an animation of the Frost Bomb?

26. Offline

Wingblow

Great plugin! Only thing is that assassins are quite overpowered, especially at level 1. Maybe you should make the stealth ability higher level and something else (I'd suggest Murder) lower level...

27. Offline

Brvtvs

Gold ore and Iron ore are really easy to exploit, people just place and re-mine. Gold ore is especially troublesome because it rewards 15, if it was 4, it probably wouldn't be an issue

28. Offline

lovehandle

please fully rename soldier/warrior in the plugin. The help page lists soldier but to find out info about or pick the class, you have to use "warrior". I keep having to tell my players that.

29. Offline

Jany95

could you add a config that we can set the amount of exp you get for the materials and monsters?

30. Offline

Avous

mages seem OP compared to the rest of the classes :p you know the balance right? Mages are better than Warriors... Warriors are better than Scouts (Rogues/archers) which are better than Mages

31. Offline

DanteThanatos

I may have noticed a little bug earlier today...I tried to activate the Warrior charge and my character got a lot "heavier". Slower movement and jumping only half-blocks. Same happened to a friend of mine who was also a warrior later in the day.

No error message what so ever.