[INACTIVE][FUN/MECH] MonsterTamer v1.0 - Personal monster pets [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by fullwall, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Offline

maxsteele

I'm using craftbukkit #450, Permissions 2.1

Monster Tamer is working fine. However, when I capture a skeleton and release it, it just starts shooting arrows at me.

2. Offline

ssechaud

Same for me with Skeletons and Zombies so far, using build 447, Permissions 2.4 and MonsterTamer v1.1

3. Offline

fullwall

OK. I will add friendly to all mobs, but it'll depend on whether I have enough time tonight (I have lots of stuff to do). To the person having the error - you have a tab or something in your Permissions YML file.

4. Offline

gsgrego

After releasing a cow you can not get milk.

5. Offline

fullwall

That is not the result of this plugin. Anyway, could you guys please redownload? Added preliminary version of friendly to all monsters, and hopefully fixed the /target cancel and /release commands. Should the release command be slot or name based? Maybe both !

6. Offline

gsgrego

So the fact that if i capture a cow and set it free its impossible to milk is not a result of the plugin?

7. Offline

fullwall

Yeah. I use the stock bukkit code to spawn the monsters, so it's either the result of another plugin, a bug in bukkit, or SMP lag. Not to do with this plugin, unless getting milk requires the cow to target you or something crazy like that (I doubt it though).

8. Offline

ssechaud

Is that download link really v1.15 or just v1.1?

EDIT: Just tried v1.15 and caught a spider, released and it stills want to bite me ;)

9. Offline

fullwall

Oh snap! Thanks for spotting.
    --- merged: Mar 1, 2011 9:23 AM ---
    Link fix'd

10. Can you update this for PlayerCommandPreprocess please :D?

11. Offline

fullwall

Hmmm? I was told never to use that command. However, this is updated for onCommand.

12. Oh sorry :p I meant to post this in MobRider hehe :p

13. Offline

fullwall

14. I do seem to be having another problem though, unfriendly mobs such as spiders during night (Only unfriendly I've tried so far :p) seem to carry on attacking me after I catch/release them.

15. Offline

fullwall

I will check that out now.
    --- merged: Mar 1, 2011 4:18 PM ---
    Try redownloading.

16. That doesn't seem to have fixed it.

17. Offline

BioRage

Can you tame non-friendly monsters?

IE SPIDEr /Zombie

18. Offline

Jeddy1011

how do make creepers etc friendly after release?

19. Offline

Jebnarf

Monsters attacking me after i release them ;_; creeper i thought you were my friend!
    Is there a command i have to type to make monsters friendly?

20. Offline

fullwall

No, this is a bug. I will fix tonight.

21. Offline

panderiz

I'm guessing you're using an array for the amount of mobs a person can carry cause I set it to 1 and it's carrying 2. Or it's a bug that you should get on!!

22. Offline

Nafds

23. Offline

fullwall

Can you guys please redownload - monster targeting should be fixed, and I need the server output to fix the limit bug.
    --- merged: Mar 2, 2011 9:04 AM ---
    Also, to the guy above me - you didn't include the rest of the error :(.

24. Offline

Saenii

when i try to get the list it says - You dont have permission to use that command- it also wont let me catch things.

also, does this work with skeleton archers?

25. Offline

Vittek

Great plugin.. but a bit flawed. A few times when someone would release monsters this error :
    Which I can only assume comes from monstertamer, since it doesn't happen when the plugin is disabled, and only happened when someone released monsters.

Also someone had their monster amount skyrocket without any reason, in the end he had over 90000 monsters. Not sure that happened there.
    Also /release didn't work, only gave an error. Unfortunately I haven't captured the error log of that one.

26. Offline

ssechaud

Noticed MonsterTamer is still warning even when throwing away things that aren't used for catching mobs with the warning message in chat.

27. Offline

sev042

I let my creeper out of his ball, and he killed me!
    He looked nice too :(

CB 440
    Permissions: 2.4

Here's the log when I did it.
    Code:
    2011-03-02 13:27:05 [SEVERE] Could not pass event ENTITY_TARGET to MonsterTamer
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.fullwall.MonsterTamer.EntityListen.onEntityTarget(EntityListen.java:147)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$44.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:354)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:225)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityCreature.c_(EntityCreature.java:31)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.q(EntityLiving.java:648)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityMonster.q(EntityMonster.java:30)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.f_(EntityLiving.java:230)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityMonster.f_(EntityMonster.java:34)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityCreeper.f_(EntityCreeper.java:51)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.a(World.java:1011)
        at net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.a(WorldServer.java:53)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.f(World.java:993)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.d(World.java:970)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:335)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:253)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)

28. Offline

Will-ko

Code:
    2011-03-03 04:03:07 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_DROP_ITEM to MonsterTamer
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.entity.Item.getItemStack()Lorg/bukkit/inventory/ItemStack;
        at com.fullwall.MonsterTamer.PlayerListen.checkMaps(PlayerListen.java:194)
        at com.fullwall.MonsterTamer.PlayerListen.onPlayerDropItem(PlayerListen.java:52)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$16.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:205)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:225)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.a(EntityHuman.java:262)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.y(EntityHuman.java:222)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:276)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet14BlockDig.a(SourceFile:42)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:230)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:70)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:338)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:252)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    This happens when pressing Q on items.

29. Offline

TheDarkness73

I can't dpwnload the old onse, and permissions is rather annoying. Could you please fix the link?
    --- merged: Mar 3, 2011 8:02 PM ---
    DOes tihs require permissions? ANd does it turn mobs friendly and make it so they dont rot in the sun?

30. Offline

splashc

Hi,

this shows up when I start my server. Catching monsters doesn't seem to work ether

2011-03-03 23:37:03 [INFO] [MonsterTamer]: Couldn't find properties file.
    2011-03-03 23:37:03 [INFO] [MonsterTamer]: Error reading MonsterTamer.users.
    2011-03-03 23:37:03 [INFO] [MonsterTamer]: version [1.15] (Companions) loaded

Both files are in the plugins folder.

Any suggestions?