[INACTIVE][FUN]mcdCarpeteer v0.1 - Fly Wherever You Want With A Woollen Carpet [953]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by madcrazydrumma, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Offline

madcrazydrumma

mcdCarpeteer [953]

Version: 0.1

This plugin allows the user to travel in the air by a carpet made of wool. The users can access this carpet by using the command: /mcdc or /carpeteer.
    This will then create a default woollen carpet of 5X5 and they can move upwards by pressing the space bar or downwards by crouching (pressing shift). The user can also activate a surrounding light around the woollen carpet by typing in /mcdl and the same to deactivate the light.

The user can make the carpet bigger by using the command: /mcdc 7 or /carpeteer 7
    and can make it smaller by using the command: /mcdc 3 or /carpeteer 3.

Features:
    • The ability to fly by carpet.
    • Can use the command: /mcdl to activate a light surrounding the carpet.
    • Permissions support.
    Permissions Nodes:
    • mcd.carpeteer (allows the selected user/usergroup to use the command /mcdc)
    • mcd.carpeteer.mcdl (allows the user/usergroup to use the command /mcdl)
    Downloads:
    Plugins downloads
    Source downloads
    Changelog:
    • v0.1 - Release!
    Credits:

- First of all i would like to thank Android for his Magic Carpet source!
    --- Take a look at his awesome plugin(s) here: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fun-magiccarpet-v1-5-5-take-yourself-wonder-by-wonder-677.704/

- Secondly i would like to thank Lolmen for his help with my struggles :)

- and finally Bukkit for their awesome forums :D

2. Offline

SwearWord

@ferrousphantom
    server.properties, allow-flight = true

@Plague
    Nothing wrong going on, but I thought you'd enjoy the hilarity.

@madcrazydrumma
    If you can't even tell me what kind of object 'material' is.....
    Just github this already I can write this plugin for you and you can have all the credit.

3. Offline

Drakia

4. Offline

SwearWord

@Drakia
    Thanks

@madcrazydrumma
    I forked this from Android and I realized it won't compile for the lastest Bukkit. I fixed it now bu where did you get the source from?

Edit: Never mind, I was looking at an old version.

Edit2:
    It took me more time doing GitHub stuff that it did to add custom blocks.
    Download | Source
    You can use this as long as you use THIS code as your source thereby keeping Android's name in the namespace. Also I want the credits to read "Thanks SwearWord for coding the features. All I did was update the forum post."

Edit3:
    Re-download it, I fixed the message telling you the wrong carpet type.

AS1LV3RN1NJA likes this.
  5. Offline

ReddVette

6. Offline

madcrazydrumma

@SwearWord omg thanks so much!! :) and do i have to keep it as androids package?? or can i keep it as mine?

ill test it now :)

7. Offline

SwearWord

@madcrazydrumma
    You're really asking to keep it as yours? You wrote 0 lines of code in that plugin. You may not use my source unless you use it exactly as it is.

8. Offline

madcrazydrumma

No thanks then @SwearWord and please remove that post on this thread as i hate you advertising your own source... lemme just release my own ...

9. Offline

SwearWord

@madcrazydrumma
    I am doing 0 sort of advertising. That source still has androids name all over it. It seems as though many people want custom blocks and since I could give them that in < 15 minutes I posted it here for them. Many other threads have modified versions of the plugin posted for those who want it, I am not doing anything wrong.

Now if you release your "own" version copying mine when I explicitly denied it then we have a problem.

To everyone who wants custom blocks grab that.

10. Offline

madcrazydrumma

Omfg @SwearWord cant you just leave my plugin alone?
    Delete the other thread and post it some place else and not on my thread -.-
    seriously?
    I wana release my own, trying to make it good...
    so go away!

11. Offline

SwearWord

@madcrazydrumma
    So be it if you're going to be immature I'll remove it. Give me some time to copy it elsewhere.

12. Offline

madcrazydrumma

-.- i dont even like you just dont write on this thread again, your so annoying....

13. Offline

madcrazydrumma

Updated to latest RB 935

Also:
    works with Beta 1.7 on craftbukkit build 950!!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  14. Offline

DrBowe

Alright people, let's all gather around the campfire and talk about what we've learned in the past few weeks...

@madcrazydrumma
    While people are being extremely...rude...about your plugin here, I think its time we adressed the fact that its not really your plugin, but 'your' plugin. It's great that you're trying to learn how to code plugins, and the ambition is always nice to see...however...

You bit off way, WAY more than you can chew in this one scenario. Based on your remarks to @SwearWord about your 'issues' with the material settings, and your confusion about 'int', I think you need to start with basic java before you continue with any plugin development.

http://wiki.bukkit.org/HUGE_Plugin_Tutorial
    If you follow EVERYTHING in that post (including the part where it says "if you dont know java, go learn some!", then you should be able to code much more...efficiently.

@SwearWord (and anyone else harassing him)
    The guy clearly doesn't know what he's gotten himself into, but don't just sit here and mock him so blatantly. I've always thought of this as one of the better online communities, and attacking someone who clearly doesn't really know any better won't solve anything. The GPL issue warranted the uproar earlier, but you're just beating a dead horse by continuing to be a dick to the poor guy.

TL;DR
    Madcrazydrumma, it'd be good of you to go and get a little more experience with Java before attempting to take on a plugin of this size and nature
    Swear Word & company...just leave him be. He'll either figure it out, or he won't. But its not going to do him any good to harrass him (or spoonfeed him the answers)

AS1LV3RN1NJA likes this.
  15. Offline

madcrazydrumma

@DrBoweNur ok im going to start learning java right away... i actually think its easy once ur mind is to it... :)

Ok updated to latest RB 953

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

16. Offline

blutherz

mcdc and mc dont work anymore with 953, have terrible lags and then player falls some high and get fall damage

17. Offline

madcrazydrumma

@blutherz its working fine for me to be perfectly honest with you...

Actually this plugin just died....
    @Plague @EvilSeph Please place this in the inactive area.... it is actually not working with 953... i cant handle a plugin like this just yet.... please place it inactive and i will bring it to life when i am ready...

18. Offline

Plague

Moved, but please don't spam EvilSeph like that he has more important thing to do than moderate a forum :)

19. Offline

madcrazydrumma

Lol ok ill spam the moderators then @Plague ;)

20. Offline

ZerG

Thanks for the cool plug man ,
    MEGAUPLOAD blows xD

21. Offline

madcrazydrumma

No probs ZerG thanks for using it... Ill try and figure this block change thing out by myself then ill make this active again :)

22. Well. That's 20 minutes of entertainment. Thanks for the laughs.

23. Offline

madcrazydrumma

Ok i updated to 2.1 in plugin releases but still fixing some bugs!

24. Offline

Zamaroth

I used that plugin in my server. for me evrything working fine but when my friends try to use it it doesn´t work. They write /mcdc, carpet show but they can´t jump with it. Why?

25. Offline

loggfreak

magaUpload down !!! :(