Inactive [Inactive][FUN/ADMN] Mean Admins v0.3.2 - Unleash Mayhem as Admin

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Connor Mahaffey, May 29, 2011.

1. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

Mean Admins: By Connor Mahaffey
    Version: 0.3.2

Downloads:
    Jar Standalone ("Mean Admins.jar")
    Zip folder with Jar and Mean Admins Folder ("Mean Admins.zip")
    Source

Description:
    Mean Admins gives admin players special administering abilities, as well as fun ways to kill some of those pesky users. Whether you use this plugin for good or evil is up to you, but it's the perfect way to help take control of your server.

Permissions 3.x, PermissionsBukkit, and Multiverse supported!

Features:
    - Kill users in a variety of ways (lightning, fire, lava, dropping, tnt, etc.)​
    - Control the weather​
    - Quickly give/remove building rights​
    - Ride animals and other players​
    - Freeze players in place or surround them with blocks​
    - Spawn friendly mobs (Note: Friendly mobs become aggressive again after a server restart)
    - A variety of weapons (ex. point-and-click explosions!)​
    - And much more!​

Video:
    Note: This video is very outdated, a new one will be up soon

More Videos (open)

By @Magpie

Command Format:
    All commands must start with /ma, /mean, or /meanadmins
    For the following examples, I'll be using /ma (but you can use /mean or /meanadmins)

/ma <person> <command> <param1> <param2>
    if it is a non-personal command, like weather or weapon, skip <person>
    Ex. Make everyone on the server (accept admins of course) catch on fire:
    /ma all fire
    Ex. Make it rain
    /ma weather rain

For all commands, type: "/ma help list <page>" or "/ma help <command>" for individual command help - Command list coming very soon!

Permissions:
    Note: You must have the permission meanadmins.admin to execute any command!

All permissions use a format similar to the command. To be able to use /ma user fire you must have the permission "meanadmins.fire". To use lightning as a weapon, you must have the permission "meanadmins.weapon.lightning". Using a * to specify all commands in a node works with both Permissions and PermissionsBukkit.

List of Permissions

Mean Admins will use Permissions 3.x if you have it installed. Otherwise it will attempt to use PermissionsBukkit, and if that isn't configured, will default to ops. If you are using PermissionsBukkit and do not want ops to have access to all commands, you must specify which commands you don't want them to have in your config.yml - ex. meanadmins.god: false

Config:
    There is only one option in the config currently. You can specify what item you would like to be your weapon by entering an item id. By default it is a stick (280).

Other Important Things:
    - "all" commands will not affect yourself or other admins
    - You cannot use a command against another admin, though you can use them against yourself

Known Issues:
    - No limits on spawning or dropping, which could end very badly
    - No way to fill holes created
    - Teleport may do half-heart damage by spawning the player partially in a wall
    - If you try to make an animal ride a player they just kinda attack your face (try it and you'll see what I mean)
    - Admins can ride other admins

Future Improvements:
    - Add persistence for friendly mobs

Change Log:
    - Added support for PermissionsBukkit​
    - Fixed TNT so it spawns lit; punching no longer works in Minecraft 1.7​
    - Added some better error messages​
    - Added Permissions support​
    - Added persistence for weapon, build, freeze, tnt, and godmode​
    - Added godmode, explosion weapon, and friendly mobs​
    - Fixed freeze and ride​
    - Other things I can't remember​
    - Bug fixes and code improvements​
    - New Commands: Freeze/Unfreeze, Ride/Ridden, Dismount, TNT, Nobuild/Build, and Heal​
    - New Weapons: Teleport, Block, Blockadd​
    - Internal block changing improvements​
    - Fixed conflicts with /ma in MobArena - @garbagemule - typing /ma when both are​
    installed, will check to see if it's a MobArena command or not - and execute accordingly​
    - added /mean to list of aliases​
    - /ma opens help​
    - Initial Release​

Author's Note:
    I am 17, and mostly taught myself Java. This is my first plugin, and the first time I've put source in front of people better at coding than me. If you have any suggestions/problems, let me know ASAP. I'm open to anything.

Special Thanks To:
    @Samkio for his tutorial on plugins and helping me in a PM
    @garbagemule for helping me with setting things on fire
    @Lukeroge for his awesome ideas and comments
    @captainawesome7 for helping me with block changing code
    @masteroftime for explaining why my old code was wrong
    @Tux2 for his awesome fixes, support, and just general awesomeness
    The bukkit community for being awesome in general!

2. Offline

hunter981

I love the plugin but how do you use the ride another player command?

3. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

Thanks, the following should work /ma <user> ride <anotheruser> or /ma <user> ridden <anotheruser>

Let me know if you have issues with that because it's something I can't test by myself.

4. Offline

hunter981

IT WORKED! thanks and a command list would be nice if you can.

5. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

Yea I'll type that up soon, just gonna take awhile. And you can get a command list in game by using /help list <page> (there are 2 pages) or information about a specific command using /help <command>

Glad you're enjoying my plugin!

6. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

Hey guys, just letting those interested know I put the source on GitHub.

0.3.1 should be out fairly soon. I want to add friendly entity persistence because right now if you spawn a friendly creeper, shutdown the server, and restart he'll be aggressive and blow up your stuff. Also, because TNT can no longer be set off by a punch, I'll need to change the TNT next block command to spawn lit TNT (somehow).

If you find anything else that's broken in 1.7 let me know, but I think that's the only thing.

7. Offline

Haduke

I had an idea of something that you might could add if possible. How about making it where you can spawn blocks such as stone, brick, wood planks, etc. It would be pretty awesome for an admin to build something really quick if he could type in say...
    /ma block spawn stone

Then just sit back and left click holding the stick to see the stones start appearing wherever you are pointing.
    Just a thought. Awesome plugin. Quite possibly one of, it not the favorite plugin I have on my server right now.

8. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

Oh wow thank you. And you can do this!

To replace the stone you are looking at, ex. change dirt to gold, do /ma weapon block <id>

To add blocks to the ground, ex. build a wall, do /ma weapon blockadd <id>

:)

9. Offline

Haduke

AWESOME!!!

Connor Mahaffey likes this.
  10. Offline

Shikoal

whenever i use /ma <playername> kill it doesnt work :C

11. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

Do they have God mode on, or maybe a mod that gives them more health? I'll look into it, maybe it's a bug, but it SHOULDN'T be.

12. Offline

Pim1234

Code:
    23:09:45 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_ITEM_HELD to TorchLight
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.j(III)I
        at davidDiaz.TorchLight.TL.LightUp(TL.java:90)
        at davidDiaz.TorchLight.TLPlayer.onItemHeldChange(TLPlayer.java:42)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$17.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:356)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:321)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:644)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet16BlockItemSwitch.a(SourceFile:24)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:84)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

13. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

Look at this line:
    Could not pass event PLAYER_ITEM_HELD to TorchLight

Not my plugin :) It's TorchLight:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-torchlight-v0-1beta-torches-emit-light-while-held-818.19977/

14. Offline

Pim1234

sorry, placed it at the wrong place

damn that is dumb.... even for my standards :)

btw, your plugin sounds fun (for me, not for annoying players (me?)), will try it out soon :)

15. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

Hahaha its fine. Thanks!

UPDATE

0.3.1 released!

This fixes the TNT command which broke in the 1.7 Minecraft update. It also adds some better error messages.

Note: I'm working on making it so Mean Admins will remember what mobs are friendly. Unfortunately this is going to be harder than I thought, so it will be pushed back to 0.4. Sorry for the inconvenience.

In the meantime, I don't suggest filling your house with friendly creepers, because if the server restarts, your house will...uh....explode.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  16. Offline

nick331999

I think it's really good

17. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

Thought I'd let you guys know I'll be on vacation until Friday. There aren't any upcoming Minecraft updates so everything should be fine.

If you have any problems post them here as always, and I'll respond as soon as I can.

18. Offline

Haduke

I just installed Permissions on my server. Before I installed permissions, this plugin worked fine. Now that i have permissions installed, no one, including myself, can use any of the /ma commands. It tells us that we are not admins when in fact, we are.
    Code:
    users:
        HADuke:
            group:
            - '[Admin]'
        NerdyHippy:
            group:
            - '[Admin]'
        DanBProductions:
            group:
            - '[Admin]'
    groups:
        Citizen:
            default: true
            permissions:
            - modifyworld.*
            - BlueTelePads.Use
            - ChestShop.shop.*
            - essentials.kit.*
            - essentials.balance
            - essentials.pay
            - essentials.sell
            - essentials.mail
            - essentials.mail.send
            - essentials.motd
            - essentials.rules
            - essentials.suicide
            - essentials.back
            - essentials.home
            - essentials.sethome
            - essentials.tp
            - essentials.portal
            - iConomy.access
            - iConomy.bank.access
            - iConomy.bank.deposit
            - iConomy.bank.join
            - iConomy.bank.list
            - iConomy.bank.withdraw
            - iConomy.list
            - iConomy.rank
            - jobs.join.*
            - jobs.world.MC Studios
            - jobs.admin.info
            - lc.level.*
            - lc.shout
            - lwc.protect
            - mobbounty.collect
            - wurkit.player.*
            - simplefall.use
        Admin:
            permissions:
            - '*'

I am using MC 1.7.2 Bukkit 953 Permissions PEX And the latest version of your plugin. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

19. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

The problem is that this plugin is made to support Permissions, not PermissionsEx. Permissions is the more widely used permission's plugin available here: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/admn-dev-permissions-3-1-6-the-plugin-of-tomorrow-935.18430/

PermissionsEx says it has a compatibility layer with Permissions, but I have no idea how this works. The PermissionsEx page says it is a separate part of the plugin.

It sounds like permissions are being detected but returning the wrong values. This is likely a problem with the compatibility layer in PEX. I'm afraid there isn't anything I can do. You can try leaving a comment on their page. I'll be happy to talk to them about it.

20. Offline

Haduke

Actually, and suprisingly, your plugin DOES work with Permissions PEX!
    Seems I just had my group labled wrong. I got that fixed and now everything works perfectly!

21. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

Oh wow that's great! Sorry I wasn't more help, I'll be honest, I know very little about Permissions. Good to know I don't need to support it separately - it does have a decent following now.

22. Offline

Haduke

Yeah. I jumped over to it because the original Permissions plugin was constantly messing up on my server. I would get one plugin to work with it and break 3 others. Permissions PEX seems to work with all my plugins and has great support. At least you know now anyhow.
    Thanks again for helping me out. MA is still one of my favorite plugins on my server. I can do so much with it!

23. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

Thanks a bunch :D

24. Offline

Magpie

I was wondering, In future do you think you could do something like... /ma weapon lightning (Name) and whenever you wave the stick, no matter where you aim, lightning strikes (Name)? I think it'd be cool, with all the other cool things in this plugin :p (I don't own the server I use this on, it's my mates. I keep riding him XD)

Anyway, EPIC plugin :). I have attempted, once or twice to try and do /plugins (Enable/Disable/Reload) Mean Admins, it doesn't work for some reason. Can you help a bit =/?

25. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

I'm not familiar with /plugins - is it a separate plugin? It's not part of bukkit. Anyway, if I had to guess it's probably because Mean Admins has a space in it - most plugins don't. So it's probably thinking you're typing "/plugins disable Mean" - which doesn't exist. You can try /plugins disable meanadmins and if that doesn't work contact the owner of whoever made /plugins and tell him he needs to fix it for plugins with spaces in their name.

26. Offline

Magpie

I THINK it's a part of essentials... you do /plugin (Enable, disable, reload, list) (Plugin name) Also, riding people doesn't just make me mates mad... They screamm 'FACE RAEP, WHAT THE F**K MAGPIE?!' and then I did it vice versa, and made someone ride me (Ridden) and ran 'em into a wall 'cuz they wouldn't shut up :p I still think this thing is EPIC.

Hey, Connor, think if you are busy with the plugin, you mind if I go and make a video about it? (On the recieving end too :p)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

27. Offline

justin2

hey just wondering cause on my server i use a plugin called mob arena and any comand u type for that plugin has to start with /ma would that affect it if i installed this plugin

28. Offline

Magpie

do /mean or meanadmins, ma will go straight to mob arena no matter what. just do /mean

29. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

@justin2 he's right, just use /mean instead and you should be fine.

And yeah @Magpie if you do a video I'd be happy to add it!

30. Offline

Magpie

Give us a while to make it. Need to wait for mate to put server up (We're both still in school. Highschool ftw :p)

Too bad I don't know java. I have the GREATEST mod/plugin idea. Fully original ftw =/

Okay, just editing now. I mighta' dun' some swears at a few points, and it's rather... Long-ish.
    Edit: Gawd. a whole minute over the max -.- (16 mins)
    Aseconddamnedit: Okay, got it.
    FUUUUUUedit: Not responding ._.
    okay, its on computer, its 2030, 24hr time, uploading in the morning.

31. Offline

Connor Mahaffey

UPDATE

0.3.2 released!

Added support for PermissionsBukkit. If you do not have Permissions 3.x installed, this plugin will try and use PermissionsBukkit (the new bukkit permission system). If that isn't configured it will default to ops. If you are using PermissionsBukkit and don't want ops to have all commands you must specify so in the config.yml - ex. meanadmins.god: false