[INACTIVE][FIX, TP]Spawnr v1.63 - No longer being developed. Sorry.

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by amd3th, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Offline

amd3th

Spawnr - Modifying your spawn point.
    Version: v1.63
    Tested on: CraftBukkit build 617, could still work with 612.

So here's the deal. I first started Spawnr as an effort to learn Java, and to be expected it was laden with errors, it is still filled with issues, that in my current state of Java knowledge I'm not positive how to overcome. The amount of time I have put into this plugin is thus that I am unable to work on the other plugins that would A. probably have more success B. Might actually work the way I intend them to. My heart just isn't in this plugin anymore. If anyone feels like they would like to take on this project, the latest source code is in the git and you're welcome to take a stab at it, just PM me first if you would be so kind. You'll probably have more luck with it than I. If no one takes it over and people still need a working Spawn plugin, there's always SpawnX, which came about a bit after mine and does the same thing. Thanks to everyone who's stuck with me thus far.

Show Spoiler

This is a plugin similar to the old ExactSpawn from hmod. An OP sets the spawn point and all future spawns and respawns will go to the exact coordinates set instead of the traditional spawn radius.
    Permissions Now Optional!

Features:
    • Forces new people to the server to spawn at your designated spawn point.
    • Forces all respawns to spawn at the designated spawn point.
    • Teleport back to spawnr point set.
    • Permissions
    • Per player spawns, also known as Homes.
    Download JAR

Source Code

Permissions:
    Code:
    spawnr.set - For users to be able to set the global spawn point
    spawnr.tp - For users to be able to teleport to the global spawn point

Commands:
    • /spawn set - Sets the spawn point to the point you are standing on.
    • /spawn tp - Teleports the player back to the 'Spawnr' point set.
    Version 1.63
    • Hopefully fixed an issue where players were spawning under the world.
    • Changed the /spawnr commands to just /spawn to simplify things. If it causes complications with other plugins PM me and we can work something out.
    • No longer using the users.spawn file, instead relying on per user pl.spawn files to check if a player has been on the server before.
    Version 1.62 UNRELEASED
    Version 1.61
    • Removed the per player spawns since they are useless with the new minecraft update. They weren't working as intended anyway.
    Version 1.6

• Permissions now optional, when permissions is not present Spawnr will default to using OP.txt
    • Added per player spawn points, also known as Homes any player with the right permission may use /spawnr sethome and /spawnr home to take advantage of Homes.
    • Added code that should force returning players onPlayerRespawn and onPlayerJoin to spawn at the coords set when they disconnect.
    • Cleaned up some code.
    Version 1.5

• Included support for TheYeti's Permissions
    Version 1.4

• Changed the file system for the plugin.
    • Changed the commands to /spawnr set, and /spawnr tp
    • The plugin will convert all old spawn files to the new format automatically.
    • Added a configuration file to allow or dissallow the use of /spawnr tp for regular users.
    • Cleaned up code.
    Version 1.3

• Added the /spawntp command allowing ANY user to teleport back to the 'Spawnr' point set by an OP.
    Version 1.2

• Fixed an issue where the users.spawn file was trying to be created before the Spawnr directory was created.
    • Also added partial(Very Partial) multi-world spawn points still testing.
    Version 1.1

• Fixed an issue where players would sometimes spawn underground if Spawnr point is not previously set. OPs will now receive a message that a point needs to be set after this happens.
    Version 1.0

• Release of Spawnr

TODO:

• Integration of Permissions
    • Add teleport to spawn command.
    • Support for multiple worlds. "Could" work with multi-verse, here's to hoping.
    • Multiple spawn points with the ability to spawn at the nearest one. Very Soon!

unenergizer likes this.
  2. Offline

Codex Arcanum

Same problem as above poster. Essentially the same error log.

3. Offline

amd3th

I'll look into it tomorrow, but I'm off to bed now.
    And the latest recommended build is 531 as seen here http://ci.bukkit.org/job/dev-CraftBukkit/531/promotion/. Build 516 was actually a failed build of bukkit. I would check to see if the latest recommended (531) works for you, because myself as well as two of my testers haven't encountered any errors with it.

4. Offline

piousminion

To be completely honest I only assumed 516 as I noticed that string when starting craftbukkit. That string may not be ralted to the build number. I'm not very clear which build I'm using. I simply check the main page of the wiki under "Latest Downloads" for the recommended build or dev snapshot and instead of listing build numbers they have dates.

In any case, both of the versions posted there, built on March 10th and March 12th respectively, have this issue.

5. Offline

Zaonhort

I would definitely use this plugin as SpawnControl is not supported well as of late, and the only reason I would need a spawn controlling plugin is so new players spawn directly at the spawn point specified (like exactspawn) and like your plugin

However, I think nice additions would be to add multi-world support, then to add GroupManager support and/or Permissions as well so I can specify who can do what. It would also be nice to have a group spawn depending on what group you are in.

6. Offline

Chris Lewis

I confirm this issue on CraftBukkit #531. Could not pass Player_Join to Spawnr error.
    However the commands in game do work.

7. Offline

piousminion

I don't know how I missed this, but apparently the commands "do" work IF I have any OPs in ops.txt, which I very much prefer not to as I have online-mode=false. The error is still there and it repeats itself a lot.

So I guess I have two requests, solving the error and doing Permissions/GroupManaher support. :p

8. Offline

amd3th

I'll work on it today, beyond that, I have a pretty busy schedule so if I don't get it done today it may be a few days after that.
    What will hopefully be done:
    Implement TheYeti's Permissions
    Fixing the error people are having with the PLAYER_JOIN hook.

9. Offline

Valrix

Then when you figure out permissions and it shows to not be a giant pain in the ass maybe you can explain it to me :p

10. Offline

atticab

Hey chap. Made myself OP, getting this error when I use /spawnr:

2011-03-17 01:33:44 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_RESPAWN to Spawnr
    java.lang.NumberFormatException: empty String
    at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Double.parseDouble(Unknown Source)
    at com.cydoniarp.amd3th.spawnr.Property.getDouble(Property.java:117)
    at com.cydoniarp.amd3th.spawnr.SpawnPlayerListener.onPlayerRespawn(SpawnPlayerListener.java:79)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$3.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:172)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:255)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.d(ServerConfigurationManager.java:184)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:755)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet9Respawn.a(SourceFile:10)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:230)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:76)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:357)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:272)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)

11. Offline

piousminion

I noticed that I do not have this issue when using higher than 531. I had to move to 541 to use WorldEdit's client side mod and the error I reported above went away. Appears it's only a prob with the recommended build and lower.

12. Offline

Avous

@amd3th could you make it so people can choose their spawn point individually but on join they spawn on the global set spawn point?

13. Offline

amd3th

Here's the deal, I've worked on the plugin, I included permissions in this new update. But I can find no reason why the plugin is giving hook issues. With the new version I had two of my friends check it on CraftBukkit version #556 and neither had any issues. If people are still having issues with the PLAYER_SPAWN and PLAYER_JOIN hooks, I will have to take some more time until my friend who's a bit better with java than I am, get done with finals so he can help me figure it out. I plan to release v1.5 tomorrow which includes support for TheYeti's Permissions. IF people are still having issues, instead of just posting the error, I'd like them to also tell me what other plugins they're running alongside Spawnr, and what build of CraftBukkit they are using. If you don't know the version, and are not sure how to find out, just look at the top of the console when you start your server, you will see, "This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-544-g6c6c30a-b556jnks (MC: 1.3)." The build number is the 3 digit number in the b###jnks. This will go a long way in solving peoples issues with the plugin.

@piousminion noted.

@Avous in all honesty I haven't included this feature as of yet because it wasn't within the scope of the plugin, it was only meant to make the spawn point more precise, mostly because there are a few other plugins out there that already do handle individual spawn points. But if enough people agree to wanting the feature of individual spawn points in my plugin, I will consider including it in a future update.

14. Offline

enkryptor

How about a multiple spawn points feature?

15. Offline

amd3th

Yeah, I've been considering this idea, I just have to come up with a smart way to go about it. It's a cool idea, similar to the graveyard system in an MMO.

16. Offline

pizclassy

now with permissions= best spawn pluggin ever

17. Offline

kenjamen

Thank you for this. I really needed this !

Small question though: On a previous map, my compasses pointed to the spawn area, which was ok i guess. Kinda like the north pole or something. When I changed it using spawnr it works great when you die and stuff BUT the compasses still point to the old spawn point.

SO! Is this just some fluke on my map or is it because I was using an older map? It's not a big deal but It seems the compass and spawn point might be related(maybe) so I thought I'd let u know :)

-k (current version of Bukkit, I was using v1.4 I believe)

My god yes. Permissions should merge with bukkit. End Story.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2016
  18. Offline

amd3th

well Spawnr doesn't touch the worlds default spawn point at all, on spawn it just teleports the player to the new spawn coords you set when you type /spawnr set. so the original spawn point is still in the same place. I am debating also moving the world spawn point as well because if you get rid of the plugin, you lose the spawn and you can spawn in some weird places far from where you'd want.

It happened to me on a large world we're getting set up for a server release, we had my spawnr plugin coords that everyone would spawn to. But when we started the world we walked pretty far to find the place we wanted to get started at and just used my plugin to start spawning in the new place, however the default world spawn was still MILES away and when I removed spawnr to do some debugging with other plugins everyone was teleported back to the original spawn and we had no idea how to get back. Luckily we were able to find our way back and I vowed never to delete spawnr again unless I also change the default world spawn as well.

19. Offline

kenjamen

I noticed that also. I removed the jar and it went back to the old spawn. Then when i put it back it resorted to standard spawnr behavior :) Not a biggie. I'm asking more so I will know if I'm going to have control over where the compass points... (idk if this exists).

20. Offline

Cartman34

I really need per user spawn points.

So, a good idea is a shared idea, this how I'm seeing this stuffs.

II. General

An Op can set multiple spawn points:
    - One per user.
    - Several main spawn points (per region).
    An user, automatically, respawn in his spawn point. If he don't have, he respawns at the nearest (main) spawn point.
    With permissions, an user or an op CAN tp to his spawn point or (main) spawn point.

II. Commands

• /spawnr set <ID> [OWNER]
    Set a new/an existing spawn point.
    ID is an identifiant for the spawn point, because, several spawn point involve removing and OWNER [OPTIONAL] is the owner of this spawn point, only him will respawn here (per user spawn point).
    (For admins only)
    • /spawnr tp [ID]
    Teleport to an existing spawn point.
    ID [OPTIONAL] is an spawn point ID to teleport user. If it's not given, the spawn point rule is the same in case of death.
    It really needs permissions support ! (Users can potentially use it)
    • /spawnr remove <ID>
    Simply remove the spawn.
    (For admins only)

III. Other ideas

• It could be better with worldguard usage.
    Can recognize the worldguard region and define ID automatically if not defined.
    • Seperate ADD and SET commands.
    To get an error if a region is already existing and if it does not exist...

It's just a proposal for spawnr.
    PS: Sorry, I'm French and my English is bad. Please, excuse me for the inconvenience.

EDIT: I just saw that the CommandBook plugin include a setspawn command... So All in One is better, isn't it ?! :-P

21. Offline

n3ira94

Umm, i tested it and it seemed to work fine i did make a spawn point but when i died i spawned to the old regular world spawn and my /spawnr set was reset so i had to make a new one everytime anyone on my server died... plz help! :( The spawn was unable to save...

22. Offline

Bekz

Firstly I love this plugin, thank you. A few of my server's users (and myself) are wondering if it would be possible to add a editable variable delay to using the /spawntp command? i.e. PvP is on and someone is getting attacked, the person types /spawntp and they get away. If they needed to wait say 10 seconds after typing it then it gives the attacker time to finish off his target.

23. Offline

amd3th

@n3ira94 Are you getting any errors in the console when you try to use /spawnr set?

@Bekz good idea, I will probably add this with v1.6. We'll see.

I'm also pretty swamped right now so v1.6 might not come out for another day or two, sorry for making everyone wait.

24. Offline

cloudstrife0257

Does this work for new player spawns? Cause I've tested and it still has a 20x20 spawn radius or whatever it is

25. Offline

Willo

do you reckon its possible to make it not run on permissions but for ops only?if so can u send me the link! THX :)

26. Offline

n3ira94

I get alot of errors of the system cant find the file to save the spawn in so everytime somebody dies spam comes in the console it's kinda weird : (

27. Offline

amd3th

Could you post the errors you're getting? That would be very helpful in figuring out why it's not working for you.

28. Offline

n3ira94

Yeah i certanly will when i come home from work.

29. Offline

Gea

Hmm for the closest one couldn't you just compare the user's x y z position and run it through a comparison loop to see which was the closest then use that spawn? Or does that not work? I don't see why it wouldn't, but I haven't programmed in quite some time.

Edit: I forgot to ask. Can you make this ignore permissions if they are not in use and default to OPs.txt? :(

30. Offline

amd3th

Latest Update:
    Since the update of CB 600 quite a few plugins were broken do to functions being changed around. The code is in place to now work with CB 600 but I won't be releasing it until I have some things finished with it like some bug fixes, per player spawns, and possibly multiple global spawn points.

31. Offline

riuthamus

would it be possible to use the /spawn command, so many plugins have custom spawn now its getting crazy to keep up with them all.