[INACTIVE][FIX/INFO] Compass v1.0.1 - Get your direction [740]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by CruzBishop, May 1, 2011.

1. Offline

CruzBishop

Compass - The command replacement from hMod
    Version: 1.0.1

This plugin provides a command (/compass) that replaces and improves the compass command in hMod.

For those of you who don't know what this means, it takes the direction you are facing and tells you in the chat

If you want to use Permissions to restrict usage of this command, the permissions string is

Code:
    compass.check
    Features:
    • Replaces the "compass" command from hMod
    • Uses easy-to-see colours in the output
    • Able to be controlled with Permissions
    Download .jar: https://github.com/downloads/CruzBishop/CompassPlugin/CompassPlugin-1.0.1.jar

Github/source: https://github.com/CruzBishop/CompassPlugin

Changelog:

Version 1.0.1
    • Adds the permission check to plugin.yml
    • Fixes a few references
    • Uses logger

Version 1.0.0
    • Initial release

2. Offline

Juze

3. Offline

CruzBishop

4. Offline

Plague

I'd do that but heres too many plugins waiting, please use bold for section headers, otherwise its perfect

5. Offline

Sabinno

Never used hMod.
    What does this do?
    There is no real description of what it does...
    -Sabinno-

6. Offline

CruzBishop

@Sabinno: I added that, thanks

@Plague: Done, thanks. I can't believe I forgot that too

7. Offline

Exxter

Nice plugin, thanks very much!

But a little bit strange is the output at startup:

16:01:52 [SCHWERWIEGEND] ebean.properties not found
    16:01:52 [WARNUNG] No Entities found in ClassPath using ClassPathReader [com.avaje.ebeaninternal.server.util.DefaultClassPathReader@e45b5e] Classpath Searched[[file:/home/minecraft/bukkit-server/craftbukkit.jar]]
    16:01:52 [INFO] Classpath search hits in jars[] pkgs[] searchTime[3]
    16:01:52 [INFO] DataSourcePool [SimpleWarp] autoCommit[false] transIsolation[SERIALIZABLE] min[2] max[20]
    16:01:52 [INFO] SubClassFactory parent ClassLoader [org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader]
    16:01:52 [INFO] Entities enhanced[0] subclassed[0]
    [...]
    15:53:21 [INFO] SimpleWarp v1.0.0 has been enabled

without the plugin, this lines are away.

8. Offline

eleljrk

My old post somehow got messed up, so I've changed it a bit.
    Please don't take anything of this as rude.. :)

Suggestions for your source:
    CompassPlugin.java
    Add:
    Code:
    public Logger log = Logger.getLogger("Minecraft");
    Edit:
    Code:
    log.info(this.getDescription().getFullName() + " has been enabled");
    Code:
    log.warning("Permission system not detected, defaulting to OP");
    CompassCommand.java
    Code:
    if (!CompassPlugin.permissionHandler.has(p, "compass.check"))

Errors in your source:
    CompassCommand.java
    Code:
    sender.sendMessage(ChatColor.RED + "You do not have the rights to use that command");
    to
    Code:
    p.sendMessage(ChatColor.RED + "You do not have the rights to use that command");
    I would also suggest you to add: "permission: compass.check" for your command in plugin.yml,
    also.. Take a look at this page: http://wiki.bukkit.org/Plugin_YAML it seems like you're adding things to your plugin.yml you don't need.. :) (Database: true?)

I really hope you don't take this negative, I'm just trying to help.
    You see, I'm making a plugin which shall track down what permission each command is using, therefor I'm trying hard to see what the other developers are doing with their permission nodes.

Thanks! :)

9. Offline

CruzBishop

Thank you. I didn't notice that I had database:true, and I'll implement your suggestions

@Exxter: I'll fix that with the next release

10. Offline

CruzBishop

Updated to version 1.0.1

11. Offline

Exxter

Thanx very much :)

12. Offline

CruzBishop

You're welcome, it should be fixed now :)

13. Offline

theguruofreason

Could you make this a bit more configurable, like swapping directions around? I'm using NXcoords on my server and the EW in NXcoords corresponds to compass's NS.

14. Offline

MonsieurApple

Considered inactive

15. Offline

Craigdb

I don't know if this relates to theguruofreason's co-ordinates comment... I am just beginning in the world of minecraft, but have successfully created some servers that friends visit. In the short time I have developed from the base server exe version, to running cmd line java, and have now ported my worlds into bukkit. I loaded the compass plugin and the first thing I noticed is that the compass seems to think that the sun sets to the north. The compass will still work great for my runecraft teleporter refrences, but it would be great if it was more worldly accurate. Have I missed something important? I assumed the world points of reference would have just worked. That being said I also thought it wierd that the X and Z pains seem to increase value as you move south west. Is my plain mis-aligned?

I can see, by decompiling the jar file... that all that is needed is to reset each reply in the compasscommands.class
    I have been able to save out the .class as a .java but I cannot get it back to a .class file... the jdk javac keeps erroring. I am less than a novice when it comes to this type of coding, compiling so I don't have any clue what I'm really doing or even if this is a problem with "repacking" someone elses code... I don't want to step on toes or anything. The compass basically needs to be rotated 90 Deg clockwise... I have created a competely blank world and re-tested. Same "sun sets to the North" issue.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016