[INACTIVE][EDIT] ClipBoard v1.1.0 - Move Structures And Edit Selected Cubes [860]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by IC3D, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Offline

IC3D

ClipBoard - Edit level with simple steps, fix large-small mistakes and build walls!

Version: 1.1
    Clipboard is a easy to use plugin that allows individual players to select a series of blocks with customizable items, chosen either by ID or by MaterialName. Up to two items can be choosen for each feature.

Features:
    • Use configured item to select individual blocks
    • Use configured item to select corners for a cuboid for large selections
    • Take selected blocks and extend them upwards to create walls
    • Change the type of all selected blocks or switch a certain block type for another material
    Configuration:

Config.yml (open)

in plugins/clipboard there will be 'config.yml'. The configuration will be auto created and will look as follows:
    Code:
    cube-selection-item-name: string
    selection-item-id: '-1'
    cube-selection-item-id: '-1'
    selection-item-name: stick
    set-enabled: 'true'

setting selection-item-id or cube-selection-item-id to a negative number disables the second tool. For the two functions cube selection and block selection there can be up to two tools to do the job, one defined by the material name (can not be omitted) and the item id (can be omitted).

Download
    Planned Changes

• Add Permissions Support, currently OP
    • Add iConomy Support
    • Small Bug Fixes
    NOTE : Material Names HAVE to be capitalized, except in config.

Known Bugs:

• Container Blocks will NOT keep their storage
    • Torches will not attach properly
    • Setting the id and name to the same item in the config will make it impossible to get any blocks because it selects it and then deselects it
    Commands:

• /cb - /clip -/clipboard - /clipboards : shows help which needs to be updated...
    • /clip shift <x> <y> <z> : move selected blocks over by <x> <y> <z>
    • /clip pan <x> <z> : same as shift only locked y
    • /clip wall <height> : copy the selected blocks up <height> units creating a wall
    • /clip clear : clear clipboard
    • /clip type <material_name> : replace all blocks with a material
    • /clip type <material_to_replace> <material_to_replace_with> : replace all blocks in clipboard of a type with another
    • /clip cube -/clip cubiod - /clip box : add all non-air blocks in selected cuboid to clipboard
    • /clip un_cube - /clip un_cuboid -/clip un_box : remove the selected cubeoid corners from memory
    • /clip remove : delete all selected blocks
    • /clip last -/clip l : Save you the trouble of typeing the command again if you need to repeat it
    Credits:

• @DreadKyller - Coding
    Changelog:

Version 1.1
    • Released!

2. Offline

DreadKyller

video demo coming soon

3. Offline

captainawesome7

Yes you released it!

BTW, that isn't a direct download....

Doesnt work. Just add a download to your github repo.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2016
  4. Offline

DreadKyller

@captainawesome what do you mean? the direct link is the actual link you'd click to download the file, with mediafire you can not just download directly unles the page has already been loaded once, otherwise it has to connect you to the server, but that's about as direct as it gets for mediafire, and it's only two extra clicks so wow. And I have a link to the source, look at post. Can you explain what you mean a little more?

5. Offline

captainawesome7

Click add new download when ur in ur github repo page. Then navigate to ur jar and upload it

6. Offline

DreadKyller

Direct Link Added To Original Post

7. Offline

captainawesome7

Thx

8. Offline

DreadKyller

PROBLEM : I changed The Class package but forgot to change plugin.yml, reuploading, please wait

EDIT : Fixed

9. Offline

Plague

title is missing version, changelog has to be at the end

10. Offline

captainawesome7

@DreadKyller Well downloaded it and tested it, but it seems that it would be easy to make it so you didn't have to capitalize names, why did you make it that way? Also, I was having problems with /clip type DIRT STONE. That didn't work at all for me. Also, when you add cuboid regions to a clipboard why does it say /clip {edit_type}

11. Offline

DreadKyller

did you actually select anything? Stick is by default for selecting individual objects, and string is default for selecting cuboids. Also the reason for the caps is that I was just too lazy... it was like 11:40 when I posted it... I will edit it.

12. Offline

captainawesome7

Yes, I did select stuff... I will make a video if you want.

13. Offline

DreadKyller

and then I will make a video also, cause it does work. however some materials do seem to glitch it, I'm personally having trouble with glass.

14. Offline

Kohle

Great idea :D I might download this and try it myself.

-Kohle ;)

15. Offline

DreadKyller

@Kohle it's somewhat similar to WorldEdit, but it has some different features, like litterally moving the selected blocks, in this you select blocks not the cuboid, then you can move them, which for some reason glitches when moving them less that the size of the actual selection. my favorite part of it is the "/cb wall" command, I can just work out the base for a house and then extend the base up to form walls, no more going over it layer by layer...

@captainawesome7 I know the reason it did not work, were you trying to change dirt into stone? if so the use /cb type stone dirt, it's more like "set stone where dirt" instead of "set dirt to stone"

16. Offline

captainawesome7

Ohh, that makes sense

17. Offline

DreadKyller

@captainawesome7 I should have posted that at first, but it was a little mistake I made in scripting, I swapped the two material objects...

18. Offline

Kohle

@DreadKyller Hmm... OK :) Now Im definately going to download and try it out :D

-Kohle ;)

19. Offline

ArcFox

In what way does this differ from the WorldEdit Clipboard, which by the way also allows me to save the clipboard to a flatfile for better access at a later time or allows me to rotate the clipboard? Same as with your Economy plugin I wonder why you IC3D guys keep making plugins where a lot of the content has already been done before and is NOT inactive...

20. Offline

DreadKyller

@ArcFox we make ALTERNATIVES. many of those ones are too huge and have many features that a lot of people don't want, we make alternative methods that are simpler and eliminate the not unnecessary, but parts that over 90% of people probably do not use. This plugin has 3 features that World edit does not have, you can select a base and make a wall, sure, you can make a wall with worldedit by selecting a cuboid and //extend 5 u but then you have to do each separate wall, with this you can make a base, select the cubes in it, and then make them into a wall at any height. Also, World edit does NOT allow you to select individual blocks into the clipboard, it's either every single block in the cuboid or none, with clipboard you can select/un-select individual blocks and remove them. Also instead of each time you add a selection it adds to your clipboard and does not over ride it, allowing you to make much more complex shapes then you can with worldedit. The features that worldedit has that are similar to this have this difference:

WorldEdit : Selects the area
    Clipboard : Select the blocks

so in total there are quite a few differences with this and world edit, I made this because I wanted to be able to do some things that world edit would not let me do.

about 3co, once again, it's an alternative, meaning it's the persons decision whether to use it or iConomy, iConomy provides a lot of options, but how many of them are used? the API for developers can be confusing when there are 100 thing you can do with one object.

In simple, we make things Easier to develop with and use, we do not make thing necessarily better, that's not our goal. I don't get why people don't ask this question of the like 800 people that have a plugin almost the same as default-commands, permissions, etc, I've really only seen it on our threads, which I find extremely ****. No offense.

21. Offline

ArcFox

Your thinking is nice, I like it. I didn't want to sound offensive, I just wondered. Minecraft is not the first game where I play the role of a serveradmin and over the years the motto "Never change a running system" was probably the best tip anyone could give me ;-)

I'm not against you or 3co, it's just my personal thinking that I'd love to see some standarts in Bukkit. If you look at the most used type of plugins there are still a lot of alternatives that seem to do almost the same. Best example would be Permissions. It's probably THE best kind of plugin ever for Bukkit but unfortunately there is not ONE permissions plugin but ruther quite a few like 2.7, the different 3.x, PEX, Banana and more.

Do you maybe plan to add a save-to-file command? If yes I'd give this plugin a chance. Because that is the feature I use the most concerning the WorldEdit clipboard.^^

22. Offline

DreadKyller

@ArcFox however, with permissions at this point, the main reason there are a lot of replicas is because the latest permissions is so buggy it barely works, so people are not upgrading and permissions is not being fixed of these bugs at the rate they should be, so people come up with permissions that actually work, at least until permissions team comes out with a plugin that stops having so many bugs, the hasPermision script is returning true sometimes even if the player does not have permission, that's why codename_b created banannaPermissions, you see, he makes every single plugin for his own server, so he just shares his plugins to try helping some other people, a lot of his plugins are very simmilar:

creativeBananna -> Essentials
    panannaPermissions -> Permissions

and a few others I can't think of, but that's because he likes them a little bit more personalized, like fits his needs for his server better than a one size fits all, and while configuration helps, it's still limited to how much you can personalize it, so he makes his own.

Also 3.0 series is actually the real permissions, the original maker stopper and TheYeti took over, they are both members of the team.

And yes, I am planning a whole lot of features, over 20 in the next update alone, which will be a while, during Walker Crouse's 7 week leave, I have agreed to maintain his NetherBan plugin, I've made over 5 updates in three days and am quite busy on that, this will be updated though, just not extremely fast for a while. I have a schedule going, I work on NetherBan an average of 5 hours a day and the rest I spend on other things (5 hours is surprisingly enough to make two versions...) like making my rollercoaster I'm doing on a friends server, which gives me an idea, a plugin that counts how many pieces of tract a rollercoaster is... because I'm trying to reach 100,000 track, I'm probably around 15 ,000 right now in 5 days, meaning about 3,000 track a day. but I can 100% take some time and work on this.

Thank you for your opinion. but in my opinion, a running system is great, but when that system is barely running it needs to be improved.

ps, this plugin and WorldEdit together, I can build almost anything.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016