[INACTIVE][ECON]SignTrader 1.0.7 - Trading with signs! (617)

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by darknesschaos, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Offline

darknesschaos

SignTrader - Trade with Signs!
    Version: v1.0.7 - CB (617) tested
    [wheatsprout]Description[wheatsprout]
    This Bukkit plugin allows servers to use signs as a functioning shop tool. Simply set the sign in the appropriate format, optionally link it to a chest and you can have a sign that either vends from a chest you own or you can set the sign to sell to users items they normally couldn't get as something like a modified /give with a set location. Simply punch the sign to get a little more information to understand what it does and how to use it.

[wheatsprout]Commands[wheatsprout]
    /signtrader -s p - set the sign that you punch, the 'p' is optional and makes it persist.
    /signtrader -sc p - link signs and chests to each other, must be within 40 blocks and on the same world and the 'p' is optional
    /getdata - returns the data of the item in hand (name, amount, and durability.)

[wheatsprout]Other Plugin Support[wheatsprout]
    You don't need any of these for this plugin to work.​
    Supports protection from LWC, (2.0 only) with lwc installed SignTrader forces players to sell from chests that they own.​
    Supports Permissions from TheYeti (2.5.4 tested) with the following nodes This defaults to op.txt if not present:​
    • signtrader.MakeGlobalSign - so the player can activate "Global" signs defa
    • signtrader.MakePersonalSign - so the player can activate "Personal" signs
    • signtrader.admin.BreakAnySign - so the player can break any sign (duh)
    • signtrader.Use - so the player can use any player sign or activated Global sign
    • signtrader.admin.SetOwner - so the player can set the owner of signs.
    Supports iConomy (4.0 +) for usage with the local money system.

[wheatsprout]Sign Format[wheatsprout]
    The sign format is as follows:​
    Line one - Global or Personal - denotes sign type, personal pulls from chests, Global doesn't use chests.​
    Line two - amount:ItemType:durability or amount:$ - this is the payment line (what the chest will get from the player) amount is how much the player wants to recieve, ItemType is the item number of the item they want to recieve from player if the other is chosen it will be the amount of money the sign owner wants to get from the player.​
    Line three - amount:ItemType:durability or amount:$ - Similarly to line two, this is what is removed from the sign owner and given to the player.​
    Line four - leave this one alone, [Activated] is put in the line to show it is an active sign.​
    Example 1) - trade sign​
    Line # - text​
    1 - Global​
    2 - 1:3​
    3 - 1:35:1​
    This sign trades for dirt and gives the user orange wool.​
    Example 2) - Sale sign​
    1 - Personal​
    2 - 1:$​
    3 - 64:3​
    This sign takes 1 of iconomy money from the sign user and gives it to the owner, and gives the user 64 dirt.​
    Example 3) - Freebie sign​
    1 - Personal​
    2 - Free​
    3 - 1:3​
    This sign gives 1 dirt for free to the user​
    Example 4) - Purchase Sign​
    1 - Personal​
    2 - 1:3​
    3 - 1:$​
    This sign takes money from the owner and gives to the user and takes 1 dirt from the user and puts it into the chest.​
    [fire]Trouble?[fire]
    When posting issues here please write the following:​
    * What the sign has written on it.​
    * What output you got from the console. (If any)​
    * What you expected to happen.​
    * What actually happened.​
    * What plugins (and their versions) you are using with this (including version number.)​
    * What version of this plugin you are using.​
    Failure to do these will result in you being called an idiot.​
    Show Spoiler

CHANGELOG:​
    Version 1.0.7​
    *Bugfixing​
    Version 1.0.6​
    * removed the sign breaking prevention function...​
    Version 1.0.5​
    * Fixed an abuse problem​
    * Now protects signs and blocks from destruction of non-op(or permissioned) and non owners of signs (owners of global signs are the ones who placed them.)​
    Version 1.0.3​
    * Updated to be compatable with 600+​
    Version 1.0.2​
    * Fixed link with newest version of lwc.​
    * Null pointer bugfix​
    * Rewired the sign recognition code.​
    Version 1.0.1​
    * Trading sign bugfix​
    * re-added the /signtrader -s command​
    * fixed up command interface a bit​
    * added /getdata so players can find the durability of the item in hand.​
    * added /signtrader -so (OwnerName) needs "signtrader.admin.SetOwner" node or player being op.​
    * now prevents people from linking signs and chests that aren't their own.​
    Version 1.0.0​
    * Monsterous update​
    * Too many to list...​
    Version 0.9.3​
    * Fixed bug where appropriate files were not created.​
    * Cleaned up item.txt creation code.​
    * update to iConomy 3.0 support?​
    Version 0.9.2​
    * Fixed bug where chests weren't detected, possibly other fixes.​
    * still not sure on iConomy, please, someone, let me know.​
    Version 0.9.1​
    * Fixed a bug where signs were not deleted from the sign list when they were destroyed.​
    Version 0.9​
    * Added Sign protecting features​
    * hopefully a fix to iConomy support​
    * now players need to set personal signs.​
    Version 0.8​
    * Added a feature that displays sign information in a more detailed form when the sign is punched.​
    Version 0.7.1​
    * hopefully a bugfix that solves a problem with named worlds​
    * getting chest owner works nicely with LWC​
    Version 0.7​
    * Fixed purchasing and selling to chests (Needs testing.)​
    Version 0.6​
    * Removed incorrect format error.​
    * Chests can now: trade, get donations, give stuff out.​
    * Chests still can't "sell via iConomy"​
    * probably a few other fixes​
    Version 0.5​
    * Release of locking protection for global signs (so not anyone can make them)​
    * signs "should" work fine with chests, however I am afraid they ignore protections.​
    * item blacklisting possible.​
    * permissions support.​
    * iConomy support.​
    * ect.​
    Version 0.1​
    * Initial release of the plugin.​

Attached Files:

rasse, shadrxninga and NEO like this.
  2. Offline

darknesschaos

I may not have put that fix in the latest one. the only fix atm would be to delete the file and reactivate all of them. @AnotherBoris
    --- merged: Feb 21, 2011 1:45 PM ---
    @AnotherBoris I fixed the problem in 0.9.1. How does iConomy work with the plugin now?

3. Offline

Edras

same problem with build 348

4. Offline

AnotherBoris

Lol. ;) Bad. Very bad.

I set double chest, set Sign above chest.
    AnotherBoris
    1:4
    1:$

"The sign has not been activated
    Activate with: /signtrader -set"

O_O! What i must type now?
    /signtrader -set do nothing
    /AnotherBoris -set do nothing

Maybe help lie to me? :)

/st set
    "You can now set a sign"
    Yahooo!!! :)

Left Click and...
    "There is no chest, personal chest cannot be activated."

Same with single chest :)

But if i delete global sign and set personal on same place... More interestiong - chest take my stones but not give me my money! :)
    It's a magic! :D
    ...and i still can't activate them :)

And... another bug:
    Chests drop items near. If any other players will stay near chests - he take items. Try to sell 10 shovels - u see it :)
    Can u place items into inventory same way as command /item, /give etc.? It's will be better than now :)

5. Offline

Moe041991

I cant decide which i should use. SignTrader or this one?

I want people to be able to set up local shops (not global, a shop where you need to go!) and sell their stuff for iconomy money.

They look a lot alike to me, but what are the advantages/disadvantages?

6. Offline

Stewart Mahoney

So I downloaded it and installed it to my server earlier. It seems that when someone buys something from my shop, I do not receive the money. Nor do I pay money out when they sell things to me. What's wrong?

7. Offline

Adellus

Any clue on an ETA for the "this shop is owned by null" bug fix?

8. Offline

darknesschaos

@Adellus - should be fixed now.
    @Stewart Mahoney - I have no idea why it still isn't working, I need guinea pigs so I can get that to work.
    @Moe041991 - Mine offers trading as well as iConomy for buying and selling (when I get it to work). Theirs is strictly selling.
    @AnotherBoris - I have no idea why you have so many troubles, and that other "bug" there is an issue with updating inventory, so I haven't bothered with it yet. There may be a change in the foreseeable future with that change.
    @Edras - I have no idea what you are asking/saying.

9. Offline

Euron

I've been trying to set this up, but am having problems at the "setting"/activation part. Every time I try to set a sign, it tells me there is no chest, and there clearly is; any ideas what is going wrong? I have CB fully updated, etc.

To elaborate, here is exactly what I'm doing:

Sign is placed directly above chest (attached to wall behind it).
    Sign reads as follows (for test purposes):

Euron
    1:1
    1:2

Then, I get the chestshop readout, telling me to set it (the readout does not claim that there isn't a chest). When I try to, it tells me there is no chest.

Any ideas?

edit: Further info: works just fine with Global.

10. Offline

darknesschaos

@Euron - global doesn't use chests, but can I get a screenshot? for some reason I don't seem to have the issues with finding chests.

11. Offline

Euron

Here you go.

Attached Files:

12. Offline

darknesschaos

Thanks, I tested though and discovered that they do not find chests for some reason.... damn
    --- merged: Feb 22, 2011 2:43 AM ---
    I will fix it when I get home tonight.
    --- merged: Feb 22, 2011 6:31 AM ---
    gah, fixed one bug and created another, fixing tomorrow in the morning.

13. Offline

Stewart Mahoney

So is receiving money from the signs as a merchant impossible?

14. Offline

Edras

15. Offline

darknesschaos

@Edras - I have no idea why that does that for you. What sign does it?
    In theory yes, but currently some stuff got broken and needs to be fixed first.

16. Offline

spoonikle

i have a few things i want to ask.

when a personal sign is made and there is a chest under it, does the chest become empty when the items are added to the signs stock? i hope so...

also, do players who make personal signs receive money to their iConomy accounts, i say the message by Stewart and so i am confused.

17. Offline

bfanboy

the command /st conflicts with minecart mania admin controls addon. just a heads up to those havin problems activating signs. [​IMG]

18. Offline

darknesschaos

That is why I think it should be one command per plugin. so the pool isnt stolen from. I will fix in an upcoming update.
    --- merged: Feb 24, 2011 4:17 AM ---
    That was my original intent, but people liked the idea of there being chests. and to your other question, they should, but I have no way of testing.
    --- merged: Feb 24, 2011 5:21 AM ---
    upppdaaate

19. Offline

skillinazn

I have a problem here with my global sign. Whenever I activate it the sign says that this type of item cannot be bought or sold. I am an op not using permissions now (because it is so confusing to use x.x) and I am completely sure that I had the right item with me. The format I used for the sign was this:
    Global
    1:3
    1:5

So it would be 1 dirt for one wood. Any ideas on this?

20. Offline

spoonikle

that would prove problematic for my black market... they don't own the land they set up shop on...

21. Offline

Puremin0rez

Having the same exact issue.

22. Offline

Euron

...and to the others of you having the same problem.

The problem is that the latest version of signtrader isn't generated an "items.txt" file in the SignTraders folder; this file configures what items you want to blacklist for trading, and since you don't have a file, the plugin assumes you are blacklisting everything.

I installed an older version to generate a file, and then reinstalled the latest version, and it works perfectly. You can either install an older ver like I did, or just use this text file (it's a default one). Obviously, place this in your SignTraders folder, restart the server, and you're good to go.

Side note: the sign setup seems kind of wonky; are you currently intending the user to have to hit the sign after creation to 'activate' it the first time, and *then* use the setup command? Just for clarification. Further: I would recommend changing the 'help' tooltip given when first creating a sign to accurately reflect the command needed to set the signs.

Otherwise, amazing work!

Attached Files:

23. Offline

darknesschaos

@Euron it doesn't generate the file?! GAH! and I will double check with the tooltip.

Sorry all for the silly bugs, I wanted something that worked out. XD Will test soon to fix.
    --- merged: Feb 24, 2011 1:31 PM ---
    Oh, And I need to add the new items... And, do you know if this works with iConomy? "it should..."

24. Offline

Euron

For me, it semi-works with iConomy; the trade will go through, but the balance will not change at all, and send a bunch of nullpointer errors to console. I don't know if that's a problem with iConomy or not.

25. Offline

darknesschaos

hmmm. I just wonder what the issue could be. Mind sending me a message with the errors?

26. Offline

Euron

Actually, looks like iConomy is freaking out in general, I doubt it's a problem with the plugin.
    --- merged: Feb 24, 2011 6:56 PM ---
    Cancel that:

Attached Files:

27. Offline

Mastier

I am OP and the Global says i dont have the permisson....
    When i try a Personal with my Name i get it activated but then it does say "That Item Type cannot be Sold" so what am i going to do to get it work?

28. Offline

darknesschaos

@Mastier - A) what does the sign have written on it? and B) do you have permissions?
    --- merged: Feb 24, 2011 8:25 PM ---
    @Euron - can you post what your sign looks like please?

29. Offline

Euron

edit: further info:

it seems the signtrader side of the 'transaction' is working perfectly; if the transaction gives or receives an item, that part goes through no problem. But anywhere iconomy is involved, it goes haywire; for example, if the trade is 1$ for 1 stone, for example, clicking the sign will give you a stone, and then then iconomy will bug out.

Again, I don't know if this is a problem on your end or their end, but both versions in question I've used have, according to other people in the iconomy thread, been fine.

Attached Files:

30. Offline

darknesschaos

had not noticed iConomy 3.0, will be upgrading the code to work with it now.

31. Offline

skillinazn

Ah, thanks a lot for this Euron. I also agree on how the set up is made now. It does seem weird to activate it first hand then set it up...