[INACTIVE][ECON]SignTrader 1.0.7 - Trading with signs! (617)

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by darknesschaos, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Offline

darknesschaos

SignTrader - Trade with Signs!
    Version: v1.0.7 - CB (617) tested
    [wheatsprout]Description[wheatsprout]
    This Bukkit plugin allows servers to use signs as a functioning shop tool. Simply set the sign in the appropriate format, optionally link it to a chest and you can have a sign that either vends from a chest you own or you can set the sign to sell to users items they normally couldn't get as something like a modified /give with a set location. Simply punch the sign to get a little more information to understand what it does and how to use it.

[wheatsprout]Commands[wheatsprout]
    /signtrader -s p - set the sign that you punch, the 'p' is optional and makes it persist.
    /signtrader -sc p - link signs and chests to each other, must be within 40 blocks and on the same world and the 'p' is optional
    /getdata - returns the data of the item in hand (name, amount, and durability.)

[wheatsprout]Other Plugin Support[wheatsprout]
    You don't need any of these for this plugin to work.​
    Supports protection from LWC, (2.0 only) with lwc installed SignTrader forces players to sell from chests that they own.​
    Supports Permissions from TheYeti (2.5.4 tested) with the following nodes This defaults to op.txt if not present:​
    • signtrader.MakeGlobalSign - so the player can activate "Global" signs defa
    • signtrader.MakePersonalSign - so the player can activate "Personal" signs
    • signtrader.admin.BreakAnySign - so the player can break any sign (duh)
    • signtrader.Use - so the player can use any player sign or activated Global sign
    • signtrader.admin.SetOwner - so the player can set the owner of signs.
    Supports iConomy (4.0 +) for usage with the local money system.

[wheatsprout]Sign Format[wheatsprout]
    The sign format is as follows:​
    Line one - Global or Personal - denotes sign type, personal pulls from chests, Global doesn't use chests.​
    Line two - amount:ItemType:durability or amount:$ - this is the payment line (what the chest will get from the player) amount is how much the player wants to recieve, ItemType is the item number of the item they want to recieve from player if the other is chosen it will be the amount of money the sign owner wants to get from the player.​
    Line three - amount:ItemType:durability or amount:$ - Similarly to line two, this is what is removed from the sign owner and given to the player.​
    Line four - leave this one alone, [Activated] is put in the line to show it is an active sign.​
    Example 1) - trade sign​
    Line # - text​
    1 - Global​
    2 - 1:3​
    3 - 1:35:1​
    This sign trades for dirt and gives the user orange wool.​
    Example 2) - Sale sign​
    1 - Personal​
    2 - 1:$​
    3 - 64:3​
    This sign takes 1 of iconomy money from the sign user and gives it to the owner, and gives the user 64 dirt.​
    Example 3) - Freebie sign​
    1 - Personal​
    2 - Free​
    3 - 1:3​
    This sign gives 1 dirt for free to the user​
    Example 4) - Purchase Sign​
    1 - Personal​
    2 - 1:3​
    3 - 1:$​
    This sign takes money from the owner and gives to the user and takes 1 dirt from the user and puts it into the chest.​
    [fire]Trouble?[fire]
    When posting issues here please write the following:​
    * What the sign has written on it.​
    * What output you got from the console. (If any)​
    * What you expected to happen.​
    * What actually happened.​
    * What plugins (and their versions) you are using with this (including version number.)​
    * What version of this plugin you are using.​
    Failure to do these will result in you being called an idiot.​
    Show Spoiler

CHANGELOG:​
    Version 1.0.7​
    *Bugfixing​
    Version 1.0.6​
    * removed the sign breaking prevention function...​
    Version 1.0.5​
    * Fixed an abuse problem​
    * Now protects signs and blocks from destruction of non-op(or permissioned) and non owners of signs (owners of global signs are the ones who placed them.)​
    Version 1.0.3​
    * Updated to be compatable with 600+​
    Version 1.0.2​
    * Fixed link with newest version of lwc.​
    * Null pointer bugfix​
    * Rewired the sign recognition code.​
    Version 1.0.1​
    * Trading sign bugfix​
    * re-added the /signtrader -s command​
    * fixed up command interface a bit​
    * added /getdata so players can find the durability of the item in hand.​
    * added /signtrader -so (OwnerName) needs "signtrader.admin.SetOwner" node or player being op.​
    * now prevents people from linking signs and chests that aren't their own.​
    Version 1.0.0​
    * Monsterous update​
    * Too many to list...​
    Version 0.9.3​
    * Fixed bug where appropriate files were not created.​
    * Cleaned up item.txt creation code.​
    * update to iConomy 3.0 support?​
    Version 0.9.2​
    * Fixed bug where chests weren't detected, possibly other fixes.​
    * still not sure on iConomy, please, someone, let me know.​
    Version 0.9.1​
    * Fixed a bug where signs were not deleted from the sign list when they were destroyed.​
    Version 0.9​
    * Added Sign protecting features​
    * hopefully a fix to iConomy support​
    * now players need to set personal signs.​
    Version 0.8​
    * Added a feature that displays sign information in a more detailed form when the sign is punched.​
    Version 0.7.1​
    * hopefully a bugfix that solves a problem with named worlds​
    * getting chest owner works nicely with LWC​
    Version 0.7​
    * Fixed purchasing and selling to chests (Needs testing.)​
    Version 0.6​
    * Removed incorrect format error.​
    * Chests can now: trade, get donations, give stuff out.​
    * Chests still can't "sell via iConomy"​
    * probably a few other fixes​
    Version 0.5​
    * Release of locking protection for global signs (so not anyone can make them)​
    * signs "should" work fine with chests, however I am afraid they ignore protections.​
    * item blacklisting possible.​
    * permissions support.​
    * iConomy support.​
    * ect.​
    Version 0.1​
    * Initial release of the plugin.​

Attached Files:

rasse, shadrxninga and NEO like this.
  2. Offline

darknesschaos

sorry, I wanted to put that back in, but the coding wouldn't allow it, but will re-add next update.

by remote I mean chests that aren't right under the sign. :D

3. Offline

strupan

mm I found a problem, whenever I buy something like this

strupan
    1:341
    1:3
    [Activated]

It takes my slimeball but doesn't put it in the chest?

I made sure chest is Lwc'd to me as well.

4. Offline

darknesschaos

@strupan
    were there any console errors? I will have to test this later.
    edit:
    also, what versioin of lwc are you using? I haven't tested this with the latest version.

5. Offline

strupan

No console Errors and using lwc 1.66 or 1.63 I think, the old one.

6. Offline

darknesschaos

There should be no problem then. Did you have the chest directly under the sign?
    Edit:
    Yeah, just tested it, got the same problem. I will look into it tomorrow.

7. Offline

drago

No no no no! We have hundreds of signs, and we have to reactivate them all by replacing them? Are you out of your mind? The code won't allow it? TOO BAD, because it's going to have to. This reactivation by replacement is a 100% ass-backwards idea.

8. Offline

darknesschaos

@drago - Apparently you dont read. next update will have it, so keep your cool.

9. Offline

drago

0.9.3 -> 1.0.0 took Feb 25 to Mar 24.

I've read. and watched. and waited. So when an update finally comes along with an essential feature removed, and all I can assume is another month-long wait before it is fixed, I am not happy.

10. Offline

strupan

Its his plugin, he doesn't have to please ANYbody. Don't like it? Don't use it.
    Darknesschaos doesn't get paid for this stuff.

11. Offline

darknesschaos

12. Offline

strupan

Thanks lots, great plugin

13. Offline

xXFreeekXx

this activation of signs with a command is what i'm holding out for as well.

We've made a shop with literally every item in the game (with iconomy). We've then used worldedit to copy and paste the shop 10 or so times around the entire map so people dont have to walk/warp all the time.

But noticed the signs arent activated after pasting with worldedit. So as i'm saying, i'm waiting fot hsi also. Cheers for this plugin man, i love it, appreciate it too!

14. Offline

Timothy Graham

awesome job on update... one thing i would like to know..maybe already possible just didn't see in the yml or anywhere else... We use lwc...and no iconomy or econ...We have our players have limits for lwc. and max of 10. so not many. Is there a way to allow them to have the chests under there show not be lwc? or do that have to be so they don't pull from other chests...Can't this be fixed with the link command now? Just asking if it is possible?

15. Offline

darknesschaos

what you should do is have your players link multiple signs to one chest. but note, chests must remain closish to the signs (like 40 blocks) and in the same world.

@xXFreeekXx the command is in now.

16. Offline

DarkDexter

Hi there! We are using MinecartMania on our Server. With ChestCommands.
    I really want to use your plugin. But: Everytime I want to place a sign for my minecart mania or for something else, the sign gets hijacked by signtrader. That is not good. How can I disable signs from beeing put on the list during creation?

Or: place a sign with text on it, execute command or hit with special wanditem to make it a SignTrader sign
    Item should be configurable.

Thx.
    GREAT PLUGIN btw :)

17. Offline

darknesschaos

hmm, I wouldn't think it would hijack your sign. It needs to hit certain criteria to count. what is the text on the sign you are trying to make?

18. Offline

crazacool

Hey darknesschaos, just drawing your attention to something; any sign on the server I'm running that has text on the first line can't be destroyed without getting some message from SignTrader (this sign has not been activated | activate by replacing...). Also, right-clicking any sign at all sends a message indicating that the sign isn't activated. It's a minor annoyance (nothing I'm not willing to deal with).

Also if this has been brought up before I apologize.

19. Offline

Grimmkrieg

@darknesschaos

Thanks so much for this plugin! I'd been looking for an alternative "offline-trading" option for my server, since we're too small to really support iConomy & other shop mods. This is the perfect way of having player-set prices, physical chests that are stocked/used for "cash registers" while still having tons of functionality!

Judging by your responses, they don't get to you, but just to hit things home even more - don't listen to asshats like drago, the rest of us really appreciate the efforts of all you developers working unpaid part-time (and even full-time!) jobs to keep these plugins up to date in the whirling chaos of change that is bukkit development at the moment.

Keep up the good work!

p.s. remote chests and being able to link multiple signs to the same chest are brilliant! Thank you again!

20. Offline

Dev

Yeah, signtrader is taking control of every sign placed (with text in the first line). That's a bit of a problem. Looking forward to the update.

21. Offline

darknesschaos

@crazacool - whoops must have happened when I moved some code around, fixing it tonight. Also, with the sign destruction thing, thats odd, but I had it to stop from signs being busted, I will just remove that feature totally.
    @Dev - will look into it, what plugins does this not agree with? and what is written on the sign?
    @Grimmkrieg - I just had to let him know how I felt XD

I release this mostly on an as-is basis, but I hate having bugs too :D

22. Offline

crazacool

Thanks very much for your prompt response, nice to know you're working on it.

23. Offline

DoomBunnyPwn

If I had to guess the plugin is craftbook?

24. Offline

Grimmkrieg

@darknesschaos Quick feature suggestion! Would it be possible to set up a way to link multiple owned "stock" chests to deposit all the payments into a separate "cash register" chest?

Cheers, and thanks again!

25. Offline

darknesschaos

26. Offline

strupan

Mm just updated my LWC to 2.0 and when I try to use /signtrader -s, it returns with a internal error.

27. Offline

darknesschaos

mind posting the error code please.

28. Offline

Timothy Graham

Strupan and i are admin of land of legend server... so im helpin him with it... so far this morn it was workin but now that we updated to LWC 2.0 the chests don't seem to link. We can hit /signtrader -sc and hit a sign it says link... but click any chests and no text... also no signs seem to be linked to chests now... even old ones that say they are.

The error when we hit /signtrader -s is

"An internal error occured while attempting to perform this command"

29. Offline

strupan

2011-03-28 19:37:51 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'signtrader' in plugin SignTrader v1.0.1
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:80)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:229)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.c(NetServerHandler.java:645)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:608)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:602)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:230)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:76)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:357)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:272)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
    at com.polycrypt.bukkit.plugin.darknesschaos.SignTrader.SignTrader.onCommand(SignTrader.java:103)
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
    ... 12 more

30. Offline

DarkDexter

Hey, thankx for the great plugin. I just installed it today. And we are sing it for gobal item exchange. like 3 wheat for 1 bread. to help users with crafting lots of bread for example.

But the two guys above me, @strupan and @Graham and me are sharing the same problem.
    Cant link a Sign to a chest. And the /signtrader -s command throws the error in the console.
    Same that @strupan has.

Running: Minecart Mania, LWC 2.0, General 3.x

Also having a big problem wit minecart mania. Sometimes the Sign is hijacked. Thats not good. Is it possible to place a sign, and then hit it with a special item to activate it?

thx and keep up doing great.

31. Offline

darknesschaos

Well, I updated this just now, hopefully it will fix a few errors, less hijacking XD