[INACTIVE][ECON] SignShops v1.2 - Commandless Multi-World Player Owned Shops (iConomy) [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Specops343, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Specops343

[​IMG]
    Commandless Player Owned Shops
    Current Version:​
    v1.2 [1000] June 30th, 2011
    Download | Mirror | Source Code (Jar)

*Requires iConomy (v5.0)​

Some notes about upgrading from < 1.0:
    1. config.yml is the new messages.yml, you can delete messages.yml
    2. BACK UP YOUR sellers.yml BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES OR UPDATING (sorry, wanted to make that clear.)
    Create signs to sell goods from a chest you specify; allow your players to setup and run their own shops!

Supported Signs:
    Supported Signs (open)

[Buy] - Buys an item fro the shop chest for the price specified on the 4th line
    [Sell] - Sells an item to the shop chest for the price specified on the 4th line
    [Donate] - Gives an item to the shop chest
    [Slot] - Gives a random item from the selected chest items (not the entire inventory) to the player
    [DeviceOn] - Turns a lever on
    [DeviceOff] - Turns a lever off
    [DeviceToggle] - Toggles a lever
    [Device] - Temporarily turns on a lever
    *[gBuy] - Buys an item from the shop, but the owner receives no money
    *[gSell] - Sells an item to the shop, and the player receives money, but not from the owner.
    *[iBuy] - Buy an item from the "shop", but really the item is created from scratch whether the shop has it in stock or not.
    *[iSell] - Sells an item to the "shop", but really the item just disappears.
    *[Day] - Turns the time to day
    *[Night] - Turns the time to night
    *[Rain] - Turns on rain + thunder
    *[ClearSkies] - Turns off rain + thunder
    *[Repair] - Repairs the current item
    *[Heal] - Fully heals the player

*Must be OP/SignShop.Admin to create

Usage:

Usage (open)

1. Create a sign. Line 1 needs to be [Buy] (or whatever type of sign). Line 4 needs to be the price (aka 50, 50.25) of your item(s). lines 2&3 can describe your item(s), or be blank.
    2. While holding redstone, click on the sign. (you should get a message)
    3. Find a chest you want to use as your storage, put ONLY the items you want the sign to sell in it. For example, if you have a stack of 64 Cobblestone and want to sell two at a time, put only two in the chest.
    4. Click on the chest with redstone. (you should get a message)
    5. Put all of your cobblestone in the chest
    6. Now players can click on your sign (no redstone needed), purchase the cobbletone two at a time! (right click to buy without confirmation dialog)
    Note - One chest can maintain multiple signs, just take everything out and set the new sign up, then put all the items for both signs in so the shop has something to sell.

Permissions Nodes:

Nodes (open)

• SignShop.Signs.*
    • SignShop.Admin.*

Video (open)

Changelog:
    Version 1.2
    • Updated by me, Specops343
    • Updated to latest RB
    Version 1.1
    • Bug fix - creates the plugin directory if needed.
    Known Issues:
    Note: I am taking over updating this plugin from ne0nx3r0, who is stopping updating his plugins. For more info, see here.

Want to get a response from me? Do @Specops343 at the start of your post.

maetthew, Juze and Greylee like this.
  2. Offline

feildmaster

@HappyGrenades : Actually, I was very tired when I last replied, and now that I read it again, I don't understand what you meant by "Sell"?

Do you mean this?
    Maybe this one...

3. Offline

HappyGrenades

...Now I'm confused...the one I'm using is [Buy] signs, buy the item and the sign gets the money, and [Sell] signs, sell the item to the sign for money...Is this a different plugin?

4. Offline

feildmaster

@HappyGrenades : There's multiple types of signs, the following signs are admin/op signs (you have to be an admin/op to create them):
    I'm not sure how all of these work, because I've never used this plugin. But the one's you'll want to test are:

5. Offline

HappyGrenades

Oh ok, and I'm guessing all of these need chests? Also, to keep them in stock all the time and/or keep the chests from getting full I just have to frequently fill/empty them?

6. Offline

feildmaster

iBuy | doesn't need a chest
    iSell | doesn't need a chest (but gives no money? I don't know)
    gSell | might need a chest (i don't know)? but gives money

Try making them.

7. Offline

HappyGrenades

Oh I see I got them to work now...I think, i haven't tried other players using them yet, but thank you so much for all your help, it was greatly appreciated.

8. Offline

feildmaster

9. Offline

HappyGrenades

I see, the [iSell] and [iBuy] are like admin shops, they don't give the player who created the shop the item sold nor the money paid. They are Infinite shops. Thank you, you really saved me from lots of problems when my server reopened to the public.

10. Offline

feildmaster

Personally, I would have used [gSell], to give people an incentive (money) to sell their items.

11. Offline

HappyGrenades

[iSell] all of a sudden stoped working...

12. Offline

feildmaster

lol. ;)

13. Offline

HappyGrenades

Wait, nvm I was doing Isell, not iSell, oops lol

14. Offline

tomnicklin

one of my members is having trouble and I tried helping, he is trying to sell coal and ironingots but is getting a "shop is empty" error, but the chest is not empty?

15. Offline

Splox982

Im having trouble getting the permissions to work. My shopkeeper group has - SignShop.Signs.* however it will not allow them to create the signs/shop. Any idea why? We dont have essentials so its not the signs setting in that economy.

Admins with the SignShop admin node can make the signs just fine.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Tom

16. Offline

Cranky Miner

Can you please inplement so you can transfer shops? So I can make the shops and give them to someone else so they get the money from it, get it? This would be sooooooo helpful!

They need "SignShop.Create.*"

Probably because it's a double chest, if so the left part of the chest is the the bottom side of the chest in the GUI, I would reccomend using one chest.

Try looking in the Permission groups/user text files to check if you didn't misspelled something like:
    - 'Example.example should be - 'Example.example'
    Don't forget the '!

I think your using something from Essentials, I don't know which one it is.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  17. Offline

prestonchiew

i tried it out and ppl can steal from the chest

18. Offline

feildmaster

Indeed. That's why you don't let everyone make signs. ;)

19. Offline

Oxygene

Quick question. I run the server, and I nicely created all the infinite shops and hid all the chests underground etc. But how do I stop it spamming me every time anyone buys / sells anything?

20. Offline

Dev

So, nothing has been fixed in this last update, just for everyone who was wondering. Which is against the rules. Meaning, YOU CAN STILL SELL INK SACS TO LAPIS SIGNS AND SCREW UP ENTIRE ECONOMIES.

So use this plugin at your own risk.

21. Offline

Specops343

Mind pointing me towards those rules? Sorry, but I said I'd keep this up to date, not necessarily update stuff. I'll look into stuff once I get a chance, but I work 32 hours a week, have a personal life, and on top of that I have a minecraft server to run. @feildmaster has contemplated taking this over, and he might, but until then, you'll just have to make do.

/rant

22. Offline

NEO

@Specops343

Adding soft depend worked. thank you.

Any chance of supporting lwc, basically any server using chest protection is at risk with any sign types involving chests in sign shop. If you make a sign for slots, then go hit someones chest thats protected you an then play the slot and get all of there items from there chest.

A simple work aroudn would be to require the player not only hit the chest but also go into it.

23. Offline

Dev

The rules I set and demand that anyone who provides free plugins to the public follow, of course! I understand you have a life, but why keep a broken plugin alive? That is all I'm saying.

I want to give you oodles of money to fix this plugin, but you don't want anything to do with it :-/

24. Offline

feildmaster

It's not broken, just doesn't work how you want it.

I'll be taking over this plugin, and when I do I'll add LWC hooks first thing (before ever releasing the thread that I am taking it over), seeing as LWC is the more common protection.

25. Offline

Dev

It IS broken, because it's an economy plugin that breaks economies. Because damage values don't work properly, a player can sell something less valuable such as bonemeal to a sign that buys Lapis. So they can essentially sit in their mobspawner, and collect 3 lapis per bone. They can also sell broken tools to themselves for brand new tools. that's pretty much the definition of broken, if you ask me. I'm less concerned about the LWC protection, because if someone is missing items in a chest, I can figure out who stole them. Selling worthless items, to a valuable sign, however, is a victimless crime, and I have no realistic way of knowing who did it. At least with theft, I can check inventories, and search the houses of less trusted members. With that said, I still feel LWC protection is quite important, but just not as important as some other bugs.

I really enjoy this plugin, and so do the users on my server, and I wouldn't be so involved in this thread if I didn't want this plugin to succeed. There is literally no other shop plugin that has all the features this one does, so I'll be here nagging you and submitting bugs until they are fixed, or until the plugin dies. :)

26. Offline

feildmaster

Other than the fact I have no clue how this plugin runs... You can actually trade items for items? I thought it was all economy money.

Also, I'm not gonna bother reading the entire thread before this, or the original thread. So if you want to give me errors tell me now, so I can note them down. :)

27. Offline

Dev

If someone were to make a sign buying Lapis (or any other item that relies on damage values) and then sell another item with a different damage value, but same item number, the object the sign is buying will show up in the chest.

28. Offline

feildmaster

@Dev : I see.. So you'd like it to only "buy" perfect items with no damage/usage gone?

(I might be a little outdated, but what "damage values" does lapis have?)

Or when selling/buying something like... "dyes," it only buys/sells the set type?

29. Offline

Dev

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Wool_Dyes#Data_Values

30. Offline

Oxygene

Quick bump

31. Offline

Dev

Go to the config file, and delete the messages for the iBuy/iSell signs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.