[INACTIVE][ECON] iMonster v1.7 - Give players iConomy money and drops when killing monsters [292]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by ZeroDPS, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Offline

ZeroDPS

iMonster - The Monster Money and Drop Plugin for iConomy: Version: 1.7
    This plugin is designed to allow servers using iConomy to reward players with in-game currency.
    Must have iConomy 2.2+
    Must Have Bukkit/Craftbukkit 292+
    edit the /Plugins/iMonster/iMonster.yml file foe configurations.
    Features:
    • Configure Reward Currency and Items Drops per Monster.
    • Set Max Reward drop for monsters
    • Prevent MobSpawner Camping
    • Permissions Support (iMonster.User)
    • Set Reward for killing the Mob Spawner
    TO-DO:

• Death Penelty (waiting for better Bukkit support on the EntityDeath event)
    • Prevent Reward with use of Bow
    • Configurable Messages
    • Max Kills Per Hour (configurable and can be disabled) uses variable coin rewards and % based drop rates for coins to give admins ability to prevent abuse instead of a hard cooldown/
    • Decimal Percentage
    Change Log:

v1.7

• Minor update added /imonster command to help troubleshoot problems...it doesnt do anything but send you a message with some settings information to help us better troubleshoot the plugin if a problem arises.
    v1.6

• Bow Kills now works correctly
      • Slimes and ghasts were not working because they are not considered "monsters" in bukkit so they failed the check to make sure it was a player attacking a monster i have coded the plugin to handle this issue now so they WORK
    v1.5 Release

• Fixed Creeper Coin Bug (all mobs giving set creeper amount_
    • Added Coin Range for mob kills.
    • Added Coin Percentage for mob kills
    v1.1

• Added ability to Give rewards for killing a mob spawner.
    v1.0 BETA Release

• Fixed Error with old Permissions version
    • Added Configurale Messages WITH Chat Color Support
    • Added Bow Camping Settings
    • Added Abolity to use Decimal Percentages for item drop rates.
    v1.5/v1.6 config file changes - ADD These (also included the default config file in the zip for copy/paste)

or you can always delete/rename your current file and let the plugin make one for you.

Creeper-Coin-Max: 0
    Creeper-Coin-Percent: 100
    Skeleton-Coin-Max: 1000
    Skeleton-Coin-Percent: 10
    Zombie-Coin-Max: 0
    Zombie-Coin-Percent: 50
    Spider-Coin-Max: 1000
    Spider-Coin-Percent: 50
    PigZombie-Coin-Max: 0
    PigZombie-Coin-Percent: 100
    Ghast-Coin-Max: 0
    Ghast-Coin-Percent: 100
    Slime-Coin-Max: 0
    Slime-Coin-Percent: 100
    Giant-Coin-Max: 0
    Giant-Coin-Percent: 100

v1.1 config file changes - ADD These

Mob-Spawner-Coin: 200
    Mob-Spawner-Drops: "264:2:75;354:1:80"
    Reward-Mob-Spawner-Destroy: true
    iConomy-Mob-Spawner-Message: "$5Mob Spawner Killed! You have been awarded %c!"
    iConomy-Mob-Spawner-Message-Enabled: true

v1.0 BETA CONFIG FILE CHANGES - Either Delete your config and let it create a new one, or add THESE values to your config!

Reward-Kills-With-Bow: true
    RewardKillsWithBowDisabledMessageEnabled: true
    RewardKillsWithBowDisabledMessage: "$cNo Reward for camping with a bow go out and fight!"

Mob-Spawner-Camping-Message-Enabled: true
    Mob-Spawner-Camping-Message: "$cNo Reward for %m camping near the spawner."

iConomy-Kill-Deposit-Message-Enabled: true
    iConomy-Kill-Deposit-Message: "$e%m Killed - %c deposited into your iConomy Account."

iConomy-Protected-Kill-Message-Enabled: true
    iConomy-Protected-Kill-Message: "$cProtected %m Killed - %c removed from your iConomy Account."

iConomy-Protected-Kill-No-Money-Message-Enabled: true
    iConomy-Protected-Kill-No-Money-Message: "$4Protected %m, you don't have the money for the fine. %m resurecting >.< "

Attached Files:

zani007 likes this.
  2. Offline

Tearlow

This might not be a solution, but could you stop the server and rename the config file for this to "config.ylm.old" and start again- Stop the server right away once the new config is generated. You'll notice that theres a whole bunch new parameters other then what you got. Just copy/paste your old values as you please and start up agian.

Hopefully that will do it :)

EDIT: You could also look at my previous post- It contains a defaulted *Facepalm* Config file in Spoiler tag- You'll see what your missing.

3. Offline

ZeroDPS

Thank tearlow for helping while I was away

4. Offline

Cubox

Thanks a million for fixing the Ghast :)

5. Offline

pixelbat

So are the percents actually working? I get something almost every single time I kill something, and I have my percents set really low. Like 1% on most stuff. Out of 5 zombies I just spawned and killed, 2 of them dropped the same item that has a 2% rate.
    --- merged: Feb 12, 2011 12:52 PM ---
    Another feature request... Would it be possible to get animals added to this? Was thinking of a way to increase the amount of goods they drop, like 10 leathers off a cow instead of 1, etc.

6. Offline

ZeroDPS

@Arisilde you just need to update to the newest version. the version your running still has the creeper bug where it pays creepercoin for every mob
    --- merged: Feb 12, 2011 1:05 PM ---
    @pixelbat as far as i can tell the percentages are working. the way it works is i use a function called math.random i have seen times when you get lucky and get a drop 3 times in a row, then i have seen times when i killed a spider set at 10% drop rate 27 times without a single drop
    --- merged: Feb 12, 2011 1:12 PM ---
    @pixelbat regarding animal drops, you can use BlockDrops to configure animals, if people think it would be something i should add to this plugin i could fairly easy, but i try not to duplicate exsiting functionality as much as possible because these other developers are working hard on their plugins too andi am always going to do my best to respect that.

7. Offline

Arisilde

Yeah that fixed it. Thanks guys :D

8. Offline

WMisiedjan

What's the diffrence between this and MonsterHunt, Which one works better? And is easier to use for my players?

9. Offline

scar413

monsterhunt is more like a nightly tournament plugin, you cant compare these two

10. Offline

Arisilde

MonsterHunt is like a nightly competition minigame. You set up parameters for when to hold the contest and what the prizes will be. iMonster is a constant payout for every time any player with the permissions node kills a monster, they get paid the designated amount for the monster. They both work fine. just depends on which fits your needs.

11. Offline

xxdilbertxx

any way spells can be supported
    would be nice to get paid for fireball kills

12. Offline

ZeroDPS

I will look into it and see if it is possible. however don't get your hopes up as my first thought is because the spells plugin is doing the killing it might not trigger the events needed to know when/who killed a monster
    --- merged: Feb 13, 2011 9:00 PM ---
    Awsome, thanks for moving this to plugin releases :)

-Zero

13. Offline

Blackstorm72

Great Plugin! Was looking for something exactly like this. For your first plugin, this is amazing :)

14. Offline

ZeroDPS

Thanks for the positive feedback. :)

I have 2 more i am in the middle of devloping and hope to release 1 or both tonight or tomorrow! stay tuned

15. For some reason when I add iMonster.user to any group it doesn't do anything...

16. Offline

Blackstorm72

Same as well, #323 build

17. Offline

ZeroDPS

Is it working with admin? Any console messages?

18. Offline

ddoolin

Indeed it is.

19. I FIGURED IT OUT
    You need a capital U in user

Also monsters give money/drops on the first hit.

And is there any way you could have this display your balance after you kill a monster too?

20. Offline

ddoolin

Dang I was just gonna say that.

21. Offline

Senladar

Anyone know what the permissions tag for this is? I've tried both iMonster.User and iMonster.user and neither work.

As an admin the mod works, but other users do not get the messages/money.

22. Offline

Blackstorm72

Confirmed working here using 'iMonster.User' instead of 'iMonster.user'.

23. Offline

KrisEike

Downloaded. Seems to work fine on my local host. Will install it on my hosted server when i come home. If it works, good bye monsterhunt plugin =P

24. Offline

ZeroDPS

When the monster gives reward before he dies it's because if this bug in bukkit. Hopefully it is fixed soon or the update the death event. http://bugs.bukkit.org/issues/322
    --- merged: Feb 14, 2011 3:21 PM ---
    I will also fix it so the permission node will be case insensitive.

25. Offline

lawless314

I have tried using iMonster.User in the Permissions file, but it does not seem to work at all. It works for the Admins group, and I have tried removing every single other permission just for normal players and using JUST iMonster.User and it still does not work for players.

26. Offline

ZeroDPS

hmmm, are you getting any console errors? what version of bukkit are you using, and what version of iConomy and Permissions are you using?

if it works for admins then it should work for anyone with 'iMonster.User' permissions, there is not anything complicated about how i amd doing them. let me know what versions you have and any erors your getting

also please list other plugins you are running.

Thanks

27. Offline

Dharkk

Getting the same thing, user wasnt getting any credit for kills with the correct permission. When I moved him to admin he got credit, and got credit when I moved him back down. When I reloaded the iMonster plugin it stopped giving him credit but gives me credit.

Currently running: Essentials, Permissions, iConomy, MonsterHunt, iMonster, MinecartManiaCore, MinecartManiaChestControl, MinecartManiaStation, iChat, MultiVerse, WorldEdit, WorldGuard, Achievements, Stats, HeroicDeath, GodMode, SpawnControl, LWC (think I got them all :p)

Also not getting any errors.

Running cb320, and all plugins should be up to date.

28. Offline

Nomadikhan

same issue as above, cb320, Permissions, Essentials, iConomy, iMonster, iChat atm. Except I am the admin and it doesn't give credit/error msg's at all. I'm using the correct casing, iMonster.User

29. Offline

ZeroDPS

it must be something in the new bukkit builds...let me compile with the new one and see what i can find out.

30. Offline

Dharkk

Great :D Everyone seems excited about getting this to work

31. Offline

ZeroDPS

Ok so here is the story...I compiled and tested with ever release of bukkit since 283 that i compiled it on last as well as fresh versions of iConomy and Permissions plugins...

it ABSOLUTLEY works in all versions with - 'iMonster.User' as a permission

It must be exactly like that as aparently the permissions plugin is case sensitive so the following will NOT work

- 'imonster.user'
    - 'iMonster.user'
    - 'imonster.User'
    - 'iMonSter.UseR'
    it must be

- 'iMonster.User'

In the next version release i will add checks to try and make it as easy as possible but currently the permissions plugin is forcing it to match the upper/lowercase of the permissions exactly.

if you have problems, please post your permissions file here so we can see what might be wrong, as well as the name of the user you are using to test.

Thanks,
    Zero
    --- merged: Feb 14, 2011 9:02 PM ---
    also please post you iMonster.yml config file found in /plugins/iMonster/