[Inactive] DispNameChanger 3.0 - Change Names! + Spout [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by captainawesome7, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Offline

captainawesome7

Inactive. Being replaced by:
    DispNameChanger 3.o - Change anybody's display name!

Version: 3.0
    DispNameChanger is a plugin that lets you easily change your display name or any other player's display name. I know there are other plugins that do this, but I think this is the only one (aside from /nick in essentials) that allows you to change YOUR name and ANYONE's name and permissions support. It now saves your name after you leave and loads it when you come back! *NEW* With Spout, this plugin also changes the name above the player's head and sends you a fancy notification!

Features:
    • Change the display name of a specified player, including yourself
    • Spout: If installed, changes player's names above heads
    • Permissions Support (Default is Permissions 2.7.x or 3.x) if not found, uses SuperPerms
    • PERSISTENCE! (Thanks to @Sammy for that one, he helped me a TON)
    • Supports Colors! (Thanks to @itsatacoshop247)
    • IMPORTANT: This plugin conflicts with Essentials, it doesn't work with this plugin. If you have essentials, you can just use /nick and change the nickname character to '' in the config, so it basically does the same thing :)
    Commands:
    Commands (open)
    Commands (open)

The permissions default to the Permissions Plugin 2.7.x or 3.x
    If you don't have it installed it uses SuperPerms(PermissionsBukkit, bPermissions)
    Commands:
    • /rename <player> <new> - Changes the specified player to the specified name
    • /rename <player> - Resets the player's name
    • /rename - Reset's your own name
    • /checkname <player> - Checks the player's name (Not really working)

Downloads
    The source code is included in the .jar (/me/captain/dnc/)

Planned Changes
    None so far

Changelog:
    Version 3.0
    • This one was largely a community update.
    • New Features by Daxiongmao87:
      • New Permission nodes.
        • dispname.change for regular changing of your own name
        • dispname.changeother for regular changing of other's names (requires dispname.change)
        • dispname.changespace for changing names w/ spaces in them (requires dispname.change)
        • dispname.check for checking names (not really working)
    • New Features by Luke Zwekii:
      • Spout support!
    • If you run into any problems, be sure to let me know!
    Version 2.0
    • Added name above head changing support with BukkitContrib. If it isn't installed nothing will happen in regard to names above heads. Also, you have to have the BukkitContrib client mod installed to be able to see the changes.
    • Made join messages and leave messages use display name
    Changelog Cont. (open)
    Changelog Cont. (open)

Version 1.4.2
    • Added the spaces into the name again, if you are using the iJobs plugin, don't update
    Version 1.4.1
    • Fixed the 'could not pass player join' error.
    Version 1.4
    • Fixed the conflict with iJobs, the plugin will no longer load your name if there is a space in it :)
    Version 1.3
    • PERSISTENCE YEEEAAAAHHHH (thanks to @Sammy)
    • ^Saves your name when you leave and loads it when you return :p ^
    Version 1.2
    • Added your name reset when you type /rename with no parameters, I will change this to /resetname soon
    Version 1.1
    Version 1.0
    • Original Release!

[​IMG] To me to support my plugins :)
    Share the love with @Daxiongmao87 and @Luke Zwekii , They earned it!

2. Offline

Zorigami

I get this error when I try to rename someone from the console:
    Code:
    17:21:43 [WARNING] Unexpected exception while parsing console command
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'rename' in plugin DispNameChanger v3.0
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:41)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:163)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:353)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:349)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:499)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:478)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bukkit.craftbukkit.command.ColouredConsoleSender cannot be cast to org.bukkit.entity.Player
        at me.captain.dnc.DispNameChanger.onCommand(DispNameChanger.java:129)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:39)
        ... 7 more

3. Offline

captainawesome7

I'll fix console stuff later, I'm lazy + busy.

4. Offline

xAsianZombie

It says I dont have permission even though im the admin...

5. Offline

captainawesome7

You need superperms or Permissions 2.7.x/3.x

6. Offline

Jordy97

Could you add this to PermissionsBukkit 1.2? please

7. Offline

captainawesome7

No?

8. Offline

Jordy97

Ok well thanks for your help.. ill remove this plugin from my server

9. Offline

captainawesome7

What are you even talking about? I'm not adding this to PermissionsBukkit, use superperms or Permissions 2.7.x/3.x, it isn't my job to add support for every plugin that you want, I really don't care.

10. Offline

ENDG4MER

I liked this plugin a lot better when having a permissions plugin wasn't mandatory. As it is now, with having to configure another plugin set just to make this one usable? Unfortunately, it's not worth the trouble. Kudos for the fun this plugin has given my server, but I'll wait for something more accessible.

11. DispNameChanger isn't changing my name in chat =/

12. Offline

Gilatar

Right, trying to fire up a server now. Exactly what permissions plugin would you recommend? I can't seem to find it anywhere..

13. Offline

captainawesome7

I would go with bPermissions

14. Offline

Gilatar

Ugh, sorry to be bothering you, but I've tried for about an hour to get this working, but can't. Each time I try the /rename command, "Unknown command. Type "help" for help.", pops up even though the admin group has '*' as a node, so it should be working right?

15. Offline

captainawesome7

Errors? Info?

16. Offline

xZise

Ehm I would guess, that not the permissions plugin is the problem. Instead DispNameChanger one isn't running (for some reason). To help the developer you should look in your log and search for the error. Mostly on server start or command execution.

Fabian

17. Offline

captainawesome7

^This

18. Offline

emericask8ur

When you getting on Mw2?

19. Offline

captainawesome7

probably later today

20. Offline

Gilatar

Oh, sorry. I'm such an idiot..

21. Offline

EnergyCreator

Is it works without permissions?

22. Offline

PAL-18

Rename doesnt work. I have spout installed, and the new name doesnt appear in chat nor above player's head.

23. Offline

Link2356

Um am I doing something wrong here? Im a Op but when I try to change my name it says I dont have Permission?

24. Offline

brachiatecub

I have spout installed, but it still only changes the name in chat. What's up with that?

25. Offline

xZise

You need to use SpoutCraft to SEE the changes ;) Spout (the plugin) only enables the support, that players using SpoutCraft could see the changes.

Fabian

26. Offline

brachiatecub

Thanks xZise, but I'm using SpoutCraft. It still doesn't show changes. For some reason I also get an error when I change the name: "An internal error occurred while attempting to perform this command." What is that all about?

27. Offline

scriptsrfun

Im using Bukkit 1185 and Permissions Ex and CommandBook. DispNameChanger only seems to work when using the say command.

28. Offline

xZise

Could you please post the error here to help the dev to locate the problem?

Fabian

29. Offline

daemitus

http://pastie.org/2621006

1. Clarify that you need spoutcraft to see changes made by spout for displayed name

2. /rename daemitus doctor_dae
    /checkname doctor
    error#1 in the pastie.

3. In console, "rename daemitus dae"
    error #2 in the pastie

Excellent otherwise, It was a surprising amount of work to find a setDisplayedName plugin even close to the 1000+ RBs

edit: almost forgot. Add isOp() in your permissions checking.

30. Offline

TheDavidSoren

But there's not a command which one the player could change his name himself? How, for example, with permissions for groups "Members": /name [Name you want] and simply /nameback for back your really name.

And, Does anyone know any plugin that allows to modify /me (color), as well as to add commands to complement the action? A brief example would be: "*Name press the power button on your computer * *[The computer turn on] *
    (Course, to make a Roleplay server in conditions, I would like to help me in this type of command, as well as I added with HeroChat a channel to talk OOC, although I would like a command like/b text that you want, and enough to speak for an OOC channel with the tag [OOC] name: )

Sorry, my English is bad

31. Offline

zethak912

hmmm. When I type /rename <playername> <newname> it says "you do not have permission to change names"
    I'm not using any permissions plugins and usualy that means everyone can use commands, in this case, no one can!