[Inactive] DispNameChanger 3.0 - Change Names! + Spout [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by captainawesome7, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Offline

captainawesome7

Inactive. Being replaced by:
    DispNameChanger 3.o - Change anybody's display name!

Version: 3.0
    DispNameChanger is a plugin that lets you easily change your display name or any other player's display name. I know there are other plugins that do this, but I think this is the only one (aside from /nick in essentials) that allows you to change YOUR name and ANYONE's name and permissions support. It now saves your name after you leave and loads it when you come back! *NEW* With Spout, this plugin also changes the name above the player's head and sends you a fancy notification!

Features:
    • Change the display name of a specified player, including yourself
    • Spout: If installed, changes player's names above heads
    • Permissions Support (Default is Permissions 2.7.x or 3.x) if not found, uses SuperPerms
    • PERSISTENCE! (Thanks to @Sammy for that one, he helped me a TON)
    • Supports Colors! (Thanks to @itsatacoshop247)
    • IMPORTANT: This plugin conflicts with Essentials, it doesn't work with this plugin. If you have essentials, you can just use /nick and change the nickname character to '' in the config, so it basically does the same thing :)
    Commands:
    Commands (open)
    Commands (open)

The permissions default to the Permissions Plugin 2.7.x or 3.x
    If you don't have it installed it uses SuperPerms(PermissionsBukkit, bPermissions)
    Commands:
    • /rename <player> <new> - Changes the specified player to the specified name
    • /rename <player> - Resets the player's name
    • /rename - Reset's your own name
    • /checkname <player> - Checks the player's name (Not really working)

Downloads
    The source code is included in the .jar (/me/captain/dnc/)

Planned Changes
    None so far

Changelog:
    Version 3.0
    • This one was largely a community update.
    • New Features by Daxiongmao87:
      • New Permission nodes.
        • dispname.change for regular changing of your own name
        • dispname.changeother for regular changing of other's names (requires dispname.change)
        • dispname.changespace for changing names w/ spaces in them (requires dispname.change)
        • dispname.check for checking names (not really working)
    • New Features by Luke Zwekii:
      • Spout support!
    • If you run into any problems, be sure to let me know!
    Version 2.0
    • Added name above head changing support with BukkitContrib. If it isn't installed nothing will happen in regard to names above heads. Also, you have to have the BukkitContrib client mod installed to be able to see the changes.
    • Made join messages and leave messages use display name
    Changelog Cont. (open)
    Changelog Cont. (open)

Version 1.4.2
    • Added the spaces into the name again, if you are using the iJobs plugin, don't update
    Version 1.4.1
    • Fixed the 'could not pass player join' error.
    Version 1.4
    • Fixed the conflict with iJobs, the plugin will no longer load your name if there is a space in it :)
    Version 1.3
    • PERSISTENCE YEEEAAAAHHHH (thanks to @Sammy)
    • ^Saves your name when you leave and loads it when you return :p ^
    Version 1.2
    • Added your name reset when you type /rename with no parameters, I will change this to /resetname soon
    Version 1.1
    Version 1.0
    • Original Release!

[​IMG] To me to support my plugins :)
    Share the love with @Daxiongmao87 and @Luke Zwekii , They earned it!

2. Offline

po24

I'm having issues with players names going back to normal after a restart or crash.
    CB:1060

3. Offline

captainawesome7

If you knew anything about craftbukkit you would know that from 1000 to 1060 there were absolutely no changes regarding players and names.

4. Offline

THG3

That's great it doesn't change what I said at all though. Don't get mad.

5. Offline

xZise

I executed rename of version 3.0 (CB 1060) in the console and I got:
    Code:
    2011-09-06 14:55:03 [WARNING] Unexpected exception while parsing console command
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'rename' in plugin DispNameChanger v3.0
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:129)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:344)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:489)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:468)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:363)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bukkit.craftbukkit.command.ColouredConsoleSender cannot be cast to org.bukkit.entity.Player
            at me.captain.dnc.DispNameChanger.onCommand(DispNameChanger.java:129)
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
            ... 6 more
    I didn't looked in the source code, but not every CommandSender is a Player (only every Player is a CommandSender).

Fabian

6. Offline

captainawesome7

I didn't look at this plugin specifically when I was checking for console usage, I just quickly looked over the code and made the changes that amazing community members made. I'll eventually get to it.

7. Offline

xZise

Please made it compatible. Do you set the display name property of a user? I'm using Essentials too, but I want the Spout feature. If I rename somebody it doesn't changes the nick (afaik). I didn't test without Essentials yet, but I disabled nicknames there.

Fabian

8. Does this work with pex's (PermissionsEX) name system? Because whenever i try to use the name changer it says my name was changed but my chat name is still the same. I typed /rename <my username> <my desired name>

9. Offline

captainawesome7

I don't know anything about pex

10. okay disabled chat manager and it works fine
    rating:
    [diamond][diamond][diamond][diamond][diamond] out of [diamond][diamond][diamond][diamond][diamond]
    :D

11. Offline

Meuktwo

I installed it but I am not sure why the name above the head doesnt change. Do I just need to put spout in the plugin folder and open up the server? Or do I have to do something?

12. Offline

captainawesome7

You need Spout and SpoutCraft...

13. Offline

Meuktwo

But when I connect with SpoutCraft, I get an Internal exception: java.io.IOExceptopn: Bad packet id

14. Offline

captainawesome7

Not my problem.

15. Offline

Superch00b

Could you possibly remove the super permissions? Because I'm sort of a noob when it comes to permissions and i can't get permissions working no matter how hard I try (Not to mention how many bloody hours i have spent researching on youtube). but I would very much appreciate it if you made a version that doesn't automatically Turn on super permissions when a permissions jar is not installed. I have a simple server for me and my friends and it would be good if we actually were able to change our names.

Kind regards,
    Superch00b :D

16. Could you add a 'new line' option ?

17. Offline

captainawesome7

what do you mean?

18. Offline

Meuktwo

Wow.... Thats what I get for posting on the first time on bukkit forums...

19. Offline

xZise

In fact, because it's a problem of Spout? If you don't use this plugin, it still won't work.

Fabian

20. Offline

prang97

Could you please set it so that if reverts to OP if no permissions plugin is found?
    Or at least set an option in a Config

21. Offline

captainawesome7

If you can't get a different plugin working on my server how does that concern me at all?

22. I mean this:
    [​IMG]

23. Offline

Lextao

PLEASE, Add support for heroicDeath, so when you die the plugin shows your changed name :3

Great plugin! Thanks!

24. Offline

captainawesome7

Heroic death will have to support this, not the other way around. They use player.getName() instead of player.getDiplayName(), not my fault.

25. Offline

Escharian

Quick question. If you look at the plugin mobchange, it changes the name above the players head without spout. any reason you cant do that here?

26. Offline

xZise

There is no public interface in (Craft)Bukkit to change the name above the players head. So mobchange is most likely modifying the behavior of CraftBukkit. This is more complex and could cause issues with other plugins/CraftBukkit.

Fabian

27. Offline

captainawesome7

This ↓

28. Offline

Escharian

Okay, thank you.

29. Offline

Zorigami

When will it be updated to 1.8?

30. Offline

captainawesome7

It works now...

31. Offline

Mook

Doesn't appear to be changing the persons name above their head.
    Is this broken or am I not doing something correctly? - Sprout is installed and working fine.

Edit: n/m - Didn't realize you have to had client-mod installed.