[INACTIVE] CrowdControl 0.21 - Simple Creature Control [798]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by NathanWolf, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Offline

NathanWolf

@WinSock has taken over CrowdControl!

Please see the new thread, here.

He has written it as a new plugin from the ground up, integrating features from the old CC as well as his own MobControl (cool things like modifying creature behaviors!)

I'm excited about it, and glad to be focused solely on Magic now :)

Thanks! It was fun, as always.

fifth and davispuh like this.
  2. Offline

NEO

Well i finally have all of your plugins, what can i say im addicted to them.

3. Offline

NathanWolf

Heh :) Glad you're a fan!

You probably have a very similar setup to my public server, then- so hopefully as long as you keep all my plugins up to date, you can expect things to work fairly well, since that's the setup I test the most (and other people test for me regularly...)

Also, once I have a variants system, experience, etc- you can benefit quite directly from my data files and such :)

4. Offline

o0AzzA0o

over complicated i continue to get world unknown unknown world world unknon world nether world unknown it doesnt seem to know anything about the worlds ... tryed zillion different combinations of commands to get this to work even simply crowd control ghast fails to work.

all i want to do is disabled ghast in nether........... bmobs done this very simply by #ghast now bmobs isnt working for latest recommended build anyone have idea of plugin thats not overcomplicated that doesnt use mensa1337 oVerLORd poWer COmmanDS?

5. Offline

NathanWolf

Have you tried just "/crowd control ghast" ?

If that gives you an error, please pastebin.com your server log and I'll take a look.

It's really not meant to be complicated- most of the parameters are optional. Sorry if it's confusing- I plan on making better docs soon.

6. Offline

o0AzzA0o

thanks for quick reply and sorry for my previous ... trolling i tryed /crowd control ghast and it throws unknown world unknown

7. Offline

NathanWolf

Wellll.... boo! :( That sounds like a bug then- it's not supposed to be so frustrating to use.

It may not be registering the default world- I'll bet that's it. I don't see this bug because NetherGate does that for me, and I don't test CC without NG.

I'll get this fixed up ASAP, but- if you're willing to install NetherGate.jar, start up, then do this:
    Code:
    /nether world list
    It should hopefully show you only one world. You can then shut down and delete NetherGate.jar- I'm hoping that'll "kick start" CrowdControl for you :)

Also, it's ok on the "trolling"- quite honestly, I initially wrote you a fairly trolly response, but decided to take the higher road :) We all have bad days...

8. Offline

davr

I have a problem with Squids. I have a world named 'ocean' that's mostly water. I need to disable squids, otherwise it spawns 500+ of them, and totally lags out the clients. But crowd control doesn't seem to stop them from spawning. In addition, nuke only works some of the time, and not other times. I haven't discovered what the pattern is yet.

Code:
    >crowd list rules in ocean
    14:34:57 [INFO] Current rules in world ocean:
    14:34:57 [INFO]  Squid -> Nothing at 100% in ocean

>crowd list population in ocean
    14:35:40 [INFO] Population in world ocean:
    14:35:40 [INFO]  16 Creepers in ocean
    14:35:40 [INFO]  1 Pigs in ocean
    14:35:40 [INFO]  24 Skeletons in ocean
    14:35:40 [INFO]  8 Spiders in ocean
    14:35:40 [INFO]  23 Zombies in ocean
    14:35:40 [INFO]  83 Squids in ocean
    14:35:40 [INFO]  4 Slimes in ocean

>crowd nuke squid ocean
    14:35:47 [INFO] Nuked 83 Squids in ocean!

>crowd list population in ocean
    14:35:49 [INFO] Population in world ocean:
    14:35:49 [INFO]  16 Creepers in ocean
    14:35:49 [INFO]  1 Pigs in ocean
    14:35:49 [INFO]  24 Skeletons in ocean
    14:35:49 [INFO]  8 Spiders in ocean
    14:35:49 [INFO]  23 Zombies in ocean
    14:35:49 [INFO]  83 Squids in ocean
    14:35:49 [INFO]  4 Slimes in ocean

Thanks. I wanted to try Mob Control, as it had a bit more featuers -- but it crashes on startup and nobody can connected to my server. Crowd control works fine in another of my multiworlds, I have all monsters replaced with creepers [​IMG]

9. Offline

NathanWolf

I *think* that CC doesn't work on squids, for some reason- it's an internal bukkit thing. :(

The next CC feature I want to add is a hard limit, as well as the percentage for spawn rate- that may help, but I think the problem is I can't cancel spawning of squid.

10. Offline

raz235

i have the same error of the unknown world but with multiverse hes there, until you fix that i cant use this plugin..
    this plugin is exactly what i need..

11. Offline

NathanWolf

Did anyone try the NG workaround? Let me see if there's something quick I can do to fix this.

12. Offline

raz235

i did install NetherGate and it showed me one world but it gave the same message..
    btw im trying to do this on other world not the default one

13. Offline

NathanWolf

Ok, just 'cause I love you guys so much, here's a crazy-experimental build of CrowdControl I just put together that fixes this issue: CrowdControl.zip

Some caveats:

- This will not yet work with any of my other plugins (including NetherGate), or any other Persistence plugins (there aren't many right now).

- I didn't really test this much, it's using an unreleased version of Persistence, etc
    - Data now lives in "SQLite" instead of "Persistence"- so move your data files if you want to keep your data

That's all I can think for now... let me know how you fare. I was able to start up my server and issue "crowd control ghast" (from the server console- no login required) and it worked. I did a "persist save" after that, data saved, and I shut down.

It all looked good, but I never actually logged in, it may blow up when you do that... crazy experimental. Let me know :)
    [MERGETIME="1300108554"][/MERGETIME]
    Oh- well, then the fix above will not fix your issue.

CrowdControl is really not "set up" to play nice with other multiworld plugins.

It should be- if possible, I'll get this locked down in the next release. However, I want to avoid doing something like creating a world if you mis-spell a world name. I would have to add world-creation commands, I think, and I'd really rather not do that.

NetherGate can still save you- just use the "/nether world create normal <yourworldname>" command- if the world already exists, it just gets "loaded"- which will make CrowdControl aware of it.

I need to make this stuff more generalized to CC loads its own worlds. The zip file I published above only loads the default world on startup.
    [MERGETIME="1300108599"][/MERGETIME]
    BTW, once you've created worlds in NetherGate, again, you can just delete the jar.

NetherGate is my multi-world management plugin, it's not just for portalling. I have no idea how other plugins work, but I can try to get CrowdControl to stand on its own, be able to create worlds, etc- that feels a bit out of scope to me, though.
    [MERGETIME="1300108773"][/MERGETIME]
    Hm- I need to make a distinction between creating worlds in bukkit/mcserver, and creating Persistence worlds.

I think I can make CC auto-create Persistence worlds, as long as Persistence makes sure that the world is loaded in Bukkit first.

This would mean that your multi-world plugin is responsible for loading worlds before you can control them- but I think that's ok.

I'll see if I can make this happen in CC 0.21 when I officially release it. That's a bit more work, though- not something I'm going to just slap together and publish in a zip :)

14. Offline

raz235

thank you for all of your help
    i know you said squids arent working but chickens isnt working for me either
    i did nuke all and /crowd control chicken and they keep respawning
    do u know anything about that?

15. Offline

NathanWolf

Does "nether nuke chicken" work? I *feel* like "all" may be broken- I know it says it killed ghasts, which isn't a great sign :)

16. Offline

raz235

i think u meant to /crowd nuke chicken and its saying its chicken free but they are still there..
    the problem is not the nuke command is that they are keep coming back altough i did /crowd control chicken

17. Offline

NathanWolf

Heh- yeah, sorry :) "nuke" started life as a "nether" command...

Anyway, have you tried "crowd list population" right after you nuke?

In the bug I speak of, they would appear to get nuked (they'd be removed client-side), but they still exist on the server. They'll show up in the population list if this is the case.

If not- then the controlling itself must be broken- are you using that zip, or the released version?
    [MERGETIME="1300110963"][/MERGETIME]
    Ok, I updated CrowdControl.zip - same caveats as above apply, but I *think* it will auto-load worlds created or loaded by other plugins (not just on startup- was easier than I thought...). Let me know!

18. Offline

raz235

im using the released version because the zip one didnt work for me at all, the command did nothing

19. Offline

TheNander

There are no mobs left on my server besides slimes and squids. I'm not 100% sure, but I think it is this plugin's doing. Is there any way to fix it? i removed all of the plugin's files, yet there are still no mobs other than squids and slimes.

20. I am not actually using this plugin, and your reference to bmobs not working ? I'm using bukkit build #552 and bmobs is working with that ok for me.
    Anyway, I am hoping to assist with your worlds not being known to Crowdcontrol. I have had this issue with a couple of plugins. Here's my solution - hope it works for you :
    Bukkit loads plugins alphabetically by name when your server starts. In my plugins list, WorldWarp loads my worlds into bukkit, however, when I first used bmobs, the plugin load went like this :
    1) bmobs
    2) worldwarp
    Of course, bmobs was looking for my worlds, and because Worldwarp hadn't yet loaded, it couldn't find them, so I renamed 'bmobs.jar' to 'xbmobs.jar' in the plugins folder. X comes after W in the alphabet, so now as my server loads the plugin list it now goes like this :
    1) worldwarp
    2) xbmobs
    Because Worldwarp is now loading first, my worlds are loaded into bukkit and bmobs can find them. I am hopeful that the same solution can work here ...... Changing the .jar name won't stop the plugin from working (as long as you leave the .jar file extension. If you are using something like Nethergate to load your worlds, then Crowdcontrol will have loaded first before Nethergate and Crowdcontrol probably won't find your worlds (just an example)

......... here's hoping ............. (and forgive me @NathanWolf for the reference to bmobs in your post)

21. Offline

MindDefect

Sorry if a noob question, but is there anyway possible to have these commands autorun after the plugin loads? Is there other plugins out there can do this for me, or does bukkit have a feature like this I don't know about?

If not, it would be great if you can add an autorun feature, as I'd like to tweak the monster settings quite a bit every time at startup :)

EDIT: Nevermind, didn't realize it already does save the changes after loading the server again. Silly me!

22. Offline

Arkona

Idea: I play on a server where no animals spawn because they produce lag. A good fix for this server would be to only have it spawn pigs, cows, and sheep, and only at a 60% rate compared to a regular server. Think this is possible?

23. Offline

o0AzzA0o

Great Tip! didnt know i could just rename plugin to change loading order didnt pay any attention to it at all thanks !!!!

24. Offline

QQCucumber

So I decided to give this a try to get rid of the whole slime problem, they're so damn glitchy on SMP. I tried..

crowd control slime

And it said World unknown is unknown.

So I thought, okay, easy fix, I'll just specify. So then I tried..

crowd control slime 100 flatearth

World flatearth is unknown.

The hell? I know for a fact it's flatearth.. I don't know why this isn't working for me. It's my only world.

Edit: Okay, I see, apparently you put out a special build to try to get rid of this bug. Unfortunately I can't use it with Spells so I'm going to have to pass on it. :(

25. Offline

o0AzzA0o

can anyone give me a link to bmobs ? its dead link in actual thread :-

26. Offline

NathanWolf

Geez- sometimes I just totally don't get alerts on thread updates. It's weird and lame...

Nope- if you've removed the plugin's jar, it's not doing anything anymore.

:)

All of my plugins rely on Persistence.jar, which is there for automatic saving and loading of data- for just this reason.

Yes- just use the "control" command on all other mob types, and then "control <mobtype> 60" for pig/cows/sheep.

I'm going to add an "all" option (or maybe "default"?) for mobtype, so you can affect all mobs. You could set them all to 60 to begin with, and then individually turn off the ones you don't want at all. Not implemented yet though :)

Hmm... I did not fully digest @icephantom's post to be honest (NP on posting here, BTW!), but in this condensed form that does sound like really good advice!

I'll have to try this and see if it makes any difference with my NetherGate/Essentials issues... do I have to release an AwesomeNetherGate.jar? :D

Yeah, I know, me too! :(

I'm working very hard to get this resolved in my limited time...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
  27. Offline

lazy_architect

0.20 looked to be working good with Nether - Super-Simple Nether Portals Version: v1.1 and bukkit build 556 But after about 4 hours eats up all the free ram. Not real sure if its the nether plugin or this one because I can't run the nether without your plugin due to the ghasts I will use NG if I can get it to do a simple command free nether. As I feel any use of commands breaks the feel of the game.
    edit: Set up NG and it looks to be working good it generated a new nether... think I messed up and used Nether not nether... Strange thing is I warped in with just me logged in from the portal in my house walked around some not expecting to see anything but I find a portal in the air stack up to it and it pops me out in front of my house and generated a portal not far from my front door. Very strange don't have time to figure it out tonight but its not eating up memory anymore.

28. Offline

NathanWolf

Hm- I believe there's a pretty nasty CB memory leak right now and/or cpu load issue right now- though I'm guessing if 556 is an RB, that should be fixed. I have not had a chance to play (or dev) any MC at all this week...

Also, I'm terrified to ask, but ... why are you using two different nether portal plugins together? I understand "needing" essentials, but this seems like you're just asking for trouble here:

Oops, wrong thread! CC was originally a NG add-on, I sometimes forget the two are separate.

So, yeah, CC does very very little- if your nether junk is not working, then that's your nether plugin's fault :)

29. Offline

NeoEvil

First off, I love your plug-ins, even if you made me install permissions.

Full disclosure, i'm still running 0.18 of this plugin, but i really didn't see this issue in the forums here or on the change log.

I have 4 worlds running, technically 5, but the last one isn't in use. When i use commands, it applies to all world, not just the one specified.

I only use:
    /crowd control ghast hell
    /crowd control slime world

I did restrict creepers in one world, but it spilled over at affected all worlds so i have to remove it.
    Now, the errors. First off, the name of the world is never right. It just seems to pick a random world and use that for the name. when i list rules it always says the same random name.

Secondly, when i create a rule, even though i specify which world, it always applies to all of them.
    You can see below at server start-up, i apply just those two rules to two worlds and it applies them several times.

Code:
    09:25:17 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.3
    09:25:17 [INFO] Loading properties
    09:25:17 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    09:25:18 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-493-
    g8b5496e-b493jnks (MC: 1.3)
    09:25:18 [INFO] Preparing level "world"
    09:25:18 [INFO] Preparing start region
    09:25:19 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 20%
    09:25:20 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 89%
    09:25:21 [INFO] [Permissions] version [2.5.3] (Phoenix) was Initialized.
    09:25:21 [INFO] CrowdControl version 0.18 is enabled
    09:25:21 [INFO] KitPlugin version 1.1 is enabled!
    09:25:21 [INFO] [LimitSpawnsLite] version 1.01 by lonelydime is enabled!
    09:25:23 [INFO] Preparing spawn area for Planetoid, 61%
    09:25:24 [INFO] Preparing spawn area for Island, 77%
    09:25:25 [INFO] Preparing spawn area for nether, 57%
    >crowd control ghast
    09:25:27 [INFO] NetherGate version 0.52 is enabled
    09:25:27 [INFO] [Permissions] version [2.5.3] (Phoenix)  loaded
    09:25:27 [INFO] Persistence: Create a plugins/Persistence/permissions.yml to use
     internal permissions
    09:25:27 [INFO] PermissionsSupport: Found Permissions, using it for permissions.

09:25:27 [INFO] PermissionsSupport version 0.1 is enabled
    09:25:27 [INFO] Persistence version 0.56 is enabled
    09:25:27 [INFO] Tombstone v.1.04 is enabled.
    09:25:27 [INFO] [Tombstone] Using Permissions 2.5 (2.5.3) for permissions
    09:25:27 [INFO] TravelPortals version 1.41 is enabled!
    09:25:27 [INFO] Done (0.910s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    >crowd control ghast hell
    09:25:47 [INFO] Disabled spawning of Ghast in Planetoid
    >crowd control slime world
    09:25:59 [INFO] Disabled spawning of Slime in Planetoid
    >crowd control list
    09:26:06 [INFO] Creature type list is unknown
    09:26:09 [INFO] 143 recipes

>crowd list rules
    09:26:20 [INFO] Current rules in world Planetoid:
    09:26:20 [INFO]  Slime -> Nothing at 100% in Planetoid
    09:26:20 [INFO]  Ghast -> Nothing at 100% in Planetoid
    09:26:20 [INFO]  Creeper -> Nothing at 100% in Planetoid
    09:26:20 [INFO]  Creeper -> Nothing at 100% in Planetoid

>

30. Offline

NathanWolf

Well, thanks you very much! :D

But... I did no such thing! I hate the Permissions plugin :p

There is an internal permissions system you can use if you ever want to purge that from your server, FYI- should be some info on the wiki about that.

Always good to run latest! Lots of bug fixes since 0.20, and it's the only version I've tested on anything close to a recent RB. All bets are more or less off until you update :)

That said, the "control" command changed pretty drastically in the last two releases, so I'm not totally sure which form you're working with. Make sure you're following /phelp, not what it says in the OP, if you're going to stay out of date!

And, finally, even without a world parameter, "control" only affects one world at a time, unless something is really, truly broken. Rules are stored per-world, and I have no "all" option.

This, btw, is Persistence hinting at you that you don't need Permissions ;)

Yeah, that looks really broken! Like, either your worlds or rules are duplicated. Sounds very much like something I may have fixed already. Your best bet is to update, and delete "plugins/Persistence/*.db". Let me know!

31. Offline

Spazmic

So maybe this will be the solution to the lag I get whit mobs on... Thank you

NathanWolf likes this.