[INACTIVE][CHAT] AdminChat v1.0 - Private chatting for ops [440]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Infernus, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Offline

Infernus

AdminChat

Version: v1.0

With this little plugin ops are able to chat privately with eachother. The text will only be broadcasted to admins and the console itself, with a little prefix in front of the message.

Features:
    • Private chatting for ops
    Commands:
    Code:
    /a <message> - send message to all ops
    Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

Download:
    Download AdminChat
    Source code available at request

Changelog:
    Version 1.0
    • Release of AdminChat
    If there is anything unclear, please let me know!

2. Offline

Juze

Most likely conflicts with other chat plugins, and HeroChat has this already implemented.

3. Offline

Infernus

I assume it will not conflict as it just calls something on the Player and doesn't enhanche the chatting rules at all.

And about other plugins, I do not always like to have one plugin with multiple functions just to use one function of it, I just wanted this and that's why I coded it ;)

Thanks for your time though!

4. adminchat doesn't work on my minecraft server. i get several error messages on start up, but all my other mods run fine. help?

5. Offline

Infernus

Hi John David Wright!

What version of bukkit are you running for your server? If you run above 440, I can make you a new version which should work on all newest clients. Also, could you please post what error messages it gives?

6. Offline

Terry Tibbs

Hello Infernus,
    I'm running git-Bukkit-0.0.0-506-g4e9d448-b522jnks (MC: 1.3), and get (presumably) the same error John is experiencing. Here is what the server spits at me when I run it.
    Code:
    19:41:44 [ALLVARLIG] PLAYER_COMMAND loading AdminChat v1.0 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: PLAYER_COMMAND
            at com.bukkit.infernus.AdminChat.AChatPlugin.onEnable(AChatPlugin.java:2
    0)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:118)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:451)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:217)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:83)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:61)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:204)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:191)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:131)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:246)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    I'm running the new Permissions 2.5.4, (almost) the entire Essentials package, the Minequery server, and iChat.

Your time is appreciated,
    Oskar

7. Offline

Infernus

Thanks for your interest, Terry Tibs!

Your version is too new for this version of AdminChat, since I know there are users using my plugin, I will recode it so that it will be usable for the newer server packages. I will both send you a private message when the new version is done, this will probably maximally last till monday.

The problem for me is that my external HDD crashed and that I will have to redownload all tools I will need for this, and also lost my code which should be easy to recode though.

- Now let's hope my rank will get changed :p

8. Offline

BindMind

This is exactly what I've been looking for! Just a couple of suggestions:

#1: Update D: Doesn't work with my version.
    #2: It'd be awesome to see some Permissions support with this.

9. Offline

Infernus

Thank you!

I will update this as soon as possible! I have little time now as I am at the start point of my exams.. In the weekend I will sure make some time for this plugin!

I'll try, but I would appreciate it if you were a little more specific :)

10. Offline

BindMind

By permissions I literally mean the plugin called "Permissions". If this were integrated with permissions it would be perfect.

I believe permissions 2.5 has a guide on how to integrate plugins.

11. Offline

SeeD419

Seconded. Looks like a fantastic plugin once updated. I suggest since you have to recode it, you might as well throw the bit of code in there for permissions. If I remember correctly, niji was very detailed about how to add code to your plugin to make it support permissions, plus, nearly everyone is using permissions anyway ;)

12. Offline

Racha

Maybe make this with permissions? Dont want to make all admins ops :(

13. Offline

Waffletastic

I agree with Racha

14. Offline

Infernus

Thank you people, now that gave me some motivation! I recoded it for the new BUKKIT and am now hooking it up with Permissions!

I'm not that quick today as I had 6 hours of sleep three times in a row, so I guess it'll be on the forums tomorow latest.

I can send you all a PM if you want me to when it's done.

15. Offline

Bjourk

Same Bukkit version, same error. Looking forward to the update!

16. Offline

BindMind

17. Offline

Bjourk

Thanks BindMind.
    Can we close and archive this outdated thread please, mods?