[INACTIVE][ADMN] theBasics v0.1

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Raider, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Offline

Raider

TheBasics - TheBasics:
    Version: v0.2
    This is my basic plugin i have just developed. Its still in very early development, The main purpose i designed it
    was so that i could easily create a web interface for it using mysql. Please remember that it is still in early development and
    much more will be added to it in time. But mysql is a requirement as well as the JDBC driver for sql connection

Features:
    • Teleport Requests(can have multiple requests built up)
    • Item spawning
    • Permissions(Similar to how hmod was)
    • Custom Groups
    • home and sethome
    • MOTD
    • Player Bans
    Download The Test Plugin

Source Code

Changelog:
    Version 0.1
    • Official Release of thebasics
    Version 0.2
    • Added in game Banning
    • Done some minor fixes
    • players can now be moved form one group to another
    • users now just have to log out and log back in to update their group information
    • Changed chat slightly. Can now change group name colors the same way it used to be done in hey0
    Version 0.3
    • Removed half of the commands and put them in sqlPermissions
    • Updated to work for version 440 of bukkit
    • Command still available are tpto, tpaccept,item
    Current Commands

Commands and how to use the mod is in theBasicsTutorial

Future plans
    • Add a help
    • Make item use the name of items as well as their id's
    As i stated previously This is still in very early development. I will be releasing another update soon hopefully

the sql file is located inside the mybasics folder, as well as its config file for the mysql database

Using this plugins Permission system..
    I just realized it is easy to add onto this plugin thanks to bukkit.
    Simply import

import com.bukkit.Raider00321.theBasics.permissions;
    and then check if the user has appropriate permissions with this here..

permissions.chk(playername, "permissionString")

Attached Files:

2. Offline

bejay

Where's the download? o.o sounds beast.

3. Offline

belgarion555

I m interressed by your mod can u please make a tutorial for configuring the permission ?

Thank you for your work :)
    (sorry for my english)

4. Offline

br0ad456

do i just throw the files i downloaded into the plugins folder???

5. Offline

Saturisk

You take the 'pluginname.jar' that you downloaded and put it in the plugins folder yes. But this one may require permissions so wait to see if he posts anything else about it

6. Offline

Raider

sorry for the late reply. Been busy. No it does not involve permissions, it has its own permissions but it uses a mysql database. I will make a detailed installation instructions for it very soon (including some troubleshooting if you cannot get it to work)

*edit*
    Tutorial added. Going to try to get the next part of the mod finished and upload it tonight hopefully
    --- merged: Mar 1, 2011 11:17 AM ---
    A new version has now been released. Involving several fixes, banning and player group swapping

7. Offline

ToXicFRaGz

8. Offline

Raider

Done a change. Decided to bring sqlPermissions to be standalone mostly to be plugged into by other plugins. This now just needs to but put into the plugins folder to work now (as long as sqlPermissions is installed aswell)

Also.. to any admin in the forum... How do i update the heading to the current version -.-

9. Offline

Lead_poisoning

There's a couple bits of the tutorial that I can't figure out, probably because I'm a n00b at this kind of thing.

First, under Importing the database: "This will take you to a login page for phpmyadmin, where you need to put in the username and password. Create a database called thebasics, then go into is and import the tabled into that database. Once you have entered it correctly and are in the main page."

Which table am I supposed to import, and from where?

Second, also under Importing the database: "This will bring you to another area where it asks you to find a sql file. Simply find the sql file provided and upload it there. This will create the database, and add the tables to it. That simple."

Which sql file am I supposed to upload, and again, from where? I notice in the OP you said the sql file is located in a folder called "mybasics," which I can't find either.

I'm a complete neophyte at anything related to sql, and most things related to Bukkit, and I sincerely appreciate your patience in dealing with my total cluelessness. This looks like a fantastic plugin you've got running here, and I'm really looking forward to being able to use it.

EDIT: Also, is sqlPermissions another plugin I need to install for this to work? I am badly lost here.

10. Offline

Raider

sqlPermissions pretty much now is just the permissions for theBasics, which is why you cant find it now. So you jsut install that and theBasics now plugs into it the text file is called sql, which you import. And that is the entire database.