[INACTIVE][ADMN] SimpleSave v3.25 Simple automatic saving! [000] - Backups!

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by desmin88, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Offline

desmin88

2. Offline

Vincent1468

Thanks ill try it!

3. Offline

ownerek

You have propably incorrect backup.date.format in config.properties
    Set to backup.date.format=yyyy-MM-dd hh-mm-ss, the best format x.x

4. Offline

MetalMadness

Code:
    save.interval=30
    save.use=true
    backup.message.ending=Backup done!
    backup.message.starting=World backing up!
    backup.directory=C:\Minecraft\Backup
    backup.history.length=5
    save.message.send=true
    backup.use=true
    plugin.send.saveoff-on=false
    backup.interval=60
    plugin.ignore.noplayers=false
    backup.world.filter=
    save.message.color=RED
    backup.message.color=RED
    plugin.version=3.1
    backup.message.send=false
    save.message.starting=[SimpleSave] Beginning world save
    save.message.ending=[SimpleSave] Ending world save
    backup.date.format=yyyy-MM-dd hh-mm-ss

Is it ok? It wont save to the directory

5. Offline

ACStache

you have to use 2x "\" when setting the backup directory I believe

6. Offline

willystylee

Not trying to be disrespectful but the whole "not smart enough" thing is pretty lame. I've been running a server 24/7 since before Beta, and i've never had to do save-all untill using this plug. How was i supposed to know? Just seems kinda rude to those of us who do have lots of admin'ing under our belt. Your plugin was nice when it worked but it caused some serious damage to our world and i'm pretty sure that was before you put that text at the top of page.

Madmusk likes this.
  7. Offline

desmin88

8. Offline

7eggert

1) If I want a backup after 8 hours (three times a day) and if my friends are on for less than 8 hours, a timer depending on somebody being logged in will not trigger. Reading the docs and the thead did suggest that your plugin would not make any backup unless somebody plays for a complete backup interval.
    OTOH, I don't want to have backups unless a player did something in the world. Therefore I should opt to not backup unless a player is online. But if I did some work and left the server, I'd want to have a backup if 8 hours have passed since the last backup even if the server was empty. If the backup is done on the first join, I'll be happy.

1b) The new changelog does suggest that I'd get a lot of backups if the only player disconnects frequently. Or to make it short, I'm confused by the documentation.

2) Pretending a backup happend in 1970 is a way to simplify programming logic. You don't need to check for the first backup and do things differently.
    3) Why do you default to an unsafe setting? What's the advantage of disallowing the server to safe the worlds automatically?

9. Offline

desmin88

@7eggert
    1b) You'd get a lot of backups if players leave and disconnect rapidly when they are the only people on the server
    2) Still don't understand this
    3) It's not unsafe. It prevents incremental saving by the minecraft server inbetween save intervals.

10. Offline

Kain888

On server I play we have same problem people described here, we lost everything we were doing for few hour at morning (like after long pause without players on server), It happens not always but very often. Hope you will find the issue, but I would suggest mentioning that something may be wrong in first post to stop even more flame that there already is in this topic. :)

11. Offline

7eggert

That's what I guessed. You should look at the time of the last backup and don't do a backup if it's not time yet.
    If you are comparing the current time to the time of the last backup, you'll need a last backup time. Either you'll put an "if(have_backup)" around the part that checks it, or you let the time of the backup default to long_long_ago if there is no backup.
    If the server goes down, it should safe. Can you do a safe on plugin unload? It will also safe when reloading plugins, but that woulf be OK for me.

12. Offline

Fabis94

Never mind found it. Is there a way to restore deleted backups?

13. Offline

desmin88

@7eggert
    It's generally advised to do save-all before stop anyway.
    @Kain888
    See first post red warning at the top
    @Fabis94
    What?

14. Offline

willystylee

Yeah it is... how is it not? Might i suggest you look up the definition of rude?

15. Offline

Fabis94

The plugin deleted some of my backups. Can I restore them?

16. Offline

desmin88

@Fabis94
    No, you had your backup history too low then.

17. Offline

Fabis94

Why is the default so low then? :/

18. Offline

desmin88

@Fabis94
    Because you're supposed to change it.

19. Offline

Minnich

12:08:24 [INFO] SimpleSave: Current save interval is 5 minute(s)
    12:08:24 [INFO] SimpleSave: Current backup interval is 60 minute(s)
    12:08:24 [INFO] player join, heres var s 2
    12:08:26 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server o
    verloaded?
    12:08:32 [INFO] SimpleSave: Deleting old backups
    12:08:32 [INFO] [SimpleSave] Ending world backup
    12:08:41 [SEVERE] SimpleSave: Error when copying files!
    12:08:41 [SEVERE] SimpleSave: This means a plugin you have is not acting nice, o
    r isn't threadsafe
    12:08:41 [SEVERE] SimpleSave: Go to my thread and post the following information

12:08:41 [INFO] Unable to delete directory backup\Zeta-Craft_nether\DIM-1\region
    .null
    12:08:41 [SEVERE] java.io.IOException: Unable to delete directory backup\Zeta-Cr
    aft_nether\DIM-1\region.
    12:08:41 [SEVERE] at com.apache.commons.FileUtils.deleteDirectory(FileUtil
    s.java:365)
    12:08:41 [SEVERE] at com.apache.commons.FileUtils.forceDelete(FileUtils.ja
    va:454)
    12:08:41 [SEVERE] at com.apache.commons.FileUtils.cleanDirectory(FileUtils
    .java:426)
    s.java:360)
    12:08:41 [SEVERE] at com.apache.commons.FileUtils.forceDelete(FileUtils.ja
    va:454)
    12:08:41 [SEVERE] at com.apache.commons.FileUtils.cleanDirectory(FileUtils
    .java:426)
    s.java:360)
    12:08:41 [SEVERE] at org.desmin88.simplesave.Backup.backup(Backup.java:52)

12:08:41 [SEVERE] at org.desmin88.simplesave.SimpleSave$BackupMethod.run(S
    impleSave.java:151)
    12:08:41 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftWorker.run(Craf
    tWorker.java:34)
    12:08:41 [SEVERE] at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    12:08:41 [INFO] SimpleSave: Deleting old backups
    12:08:41 [INFO] [SimpleSave] Ending world backup

The thing says to post this in the thread so I did.

20. Offline

JukeboxJohnny

I've been having a problem recently where the plugin continuously backs up over and over even though the timer is set to 90 minutes. It will work fine for about the first 24 hours, then after that this problem will begin. Here is my configuration:
    Code:
    #SimpleSave Config File
    #Sun Jul 10 12:55:56 EDT 2011
    save.interval=30
    save.use=true
    backup.message.ending=Backup complete.
    backup.message.starting=Hourly world backup commencing.
    backup.directory=*redacted*
    backup.history.length=24
    save.message.send=false
    backup.use=true
    plugin.send.saveoff-on=true
    backup.interval=90
    plugin.ignore.noplayers=true
    backup.world.filter=;
    save.message.color=RED
    backup.message.color=RED
    plugin.version=3.1
    backup.message.send=true
    save.message.starting=Beginning world save
    save.message.ending=Ending world save
    backup.date.format=yyyy-MM-dd hh-mm-ss

Any ideas?

21. Offline

desmin88

@Minnich
    Conflicting plugin, or you turned on 'save-on'
    @JukeboxJohnny
    Known error, tests being done to fix it.

22. Offline

masasuka

checked the thread quickly, couldn't see an answer, so.

is there a max you can set for backup.history.length? if so, what is the limit?

23. Offline

JukeboxJohnny

However much your hard drive will hold, though this certainly isn't advisable.

24. Offline

Madmusk

Same problem here. My backups end up only spanning a couple of hours even though they should span most of a day. This is really an issue that should be known to anyone downloading the plugin. Since the issue creeps in after everything working normally for a while this could cause some serious problems for unsuspecting admins.

25. Offline

Nitnelave

In the next version, could you remove the "player join, heres var s 3" please?

26. Offline

cidiantoby

I am having the same back up problem as everyone else... i want it to be every 12 hours but it is now doing it abou1 1 every 5 minutes.. very annoying...

Also I'm with Nitnelave only i would add to remove the simple save notification on every player join altogether.. I KNOW what the current save and backup interval is... I SET IT!

27. Offline

desmin88

28. Offline

cidiantoby

@desmin88
    Sorry didn't want to read through 36 pages to see if it was. Also I didnt want to seem rude but i do fail at getting points across in text.

Anyway... is it possible to fix ( again, not reading through 36 pages...) the backup issue by instead of having it set to every so many minutes to recoding it to backup at specified times? Or would that not be plausible?

29. Offline

desmin88

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016
  30. Offline

Lord_Crusher

I'm having a problem with the /ssBackup command. It says only OPs can use the command but for some reason everyone can use it, op or not. I removed myself as an op to be sure and i can still use the command. To test further i put myself in the default group in my permissions and for some reason they can still use it.

Am i missing something really basic here?

31. Offline

Mike Geitz

I noticed a problem with this plugin after installing BigBrother, if your already aware of this issue forgive me. Regardless of how I set the back-up feature (either off or VERY [960] long intervals) it attempts to backup, runs into errors, and kicks the populace of my server into digital oblivion.

Otherwise, I've been using this plugin for a long time and its great :p I may just abandon the mem heavy bigbrother to retain the use of this plugin.