[INACTIVE][ADMN/SEC] NoGrief v1.1 - A lightweight, flexible solution to griefing [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Arkel, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Offline

Arkel

[​IMG]

NoGrief - A lightweight, flexible solution to griefing.​
    Version 1.1.1

NoGrief (Successor to NoTNT) aims to provide a lightweight yet flexible solution to griefing. It is capable of preventing TNT and Lava placement as well as ignition using flint and steel, and also contains a 'Honey Pots' module which allows the user to define a Honey Pot block in your world that will punish anyone trying to destroy it. The way in which NoGrief punishes players is highly customisable, players can be kicked, burnt, killed, slapped, rocketed (commandbook style) or slapped. With the additional options of clearing their inventories and announcing their punishment to the server. It also has permissions support so you can decide who gets booted and who doesn't, but it doesn't require it (it will default to OP if it can't find permissions).

Features:
    • Automated boot of griefers if they hold grief blocks, before they can do any damage.
    • Immunity - control over who gets booted.
    • Support for permissions. (Tested with Permissions 3)
    • Completely configurable ways in which to punish players.
    • You choose which modules you want to run
    All instructions are included in the README, but they are repeated here for your benefit.
    Installation (open)

How to Install:

1. Delete the modules you will not be using, do not delete NoGrief.jar
    2. Copy the remaining modules and the NoGrief folder into [bukkit directory]/plugins/
    3. Edit the configuration file at [bukkit directory]/plugins/NoGrief/config.yml
    4. Adjust your Permissions file if you are using permissions
    Configuration:

• 'Punish_Method' - What method to use to punish griefers. Acceptable methods are "burn", "kill", "zap", "kick", "rocket" and "slap". Methods must be surrounded in speech marks!
    • 'Punish_Message' - The message NoGrief will broadcast to the server when it detects someone griefing. The word %PLAYER% will be replaced with the player's name, and the word %TYPE% will be replaced with the punishment method. For example: Punish_Message: '%PLAYER% was punished by NoGrief (%TYPE%) for griefing!' would broadcast 'Arkel4 was punished by NoGrief (slap) for griefing!'.
    • 'Message_To_Griefer' - The message sent to a griefer if NoGrief kicks them.
    • 'Announce_Punishment' - If set to true, NoGref will announce when it punishes a player.
    • 'Clear_Whole_Inventory' - If set to true, NoGrief will clear all of the griefer's inventory.
    • 'Clear_Grief_Items' - If set to true, NoGrief will remove items relating to the modules you have loaded from the griefer's inventory.
    Description of Modules:

• NoGrief.jar - The core modules, all other modules depend upon this plugin, it gives them everything they need to work correctly.
    • NoGriefTNT.jar - Detects griefers attempting to use TNT
    • NoGriefLava.jar - Detects griefers attempting to use Lava
    • NoGriefIgnite.jar - Detects griefers attempting to ignite blocks
    • NoGriefHoneyPots.jar - Allows the user to create a 'Honey Pot' block. Whenever this block is broken, NoGrief will punish the griefer responsible.
    Permission Nodes:

• 'NoGrief.immune.*' - Grants the user/group complete immunity from all of NoGrief.
    • 'NoGrief.immune.TNT' - Grants the user/group complete immunity from the TNT module.
    • 'NoGrief.immune.Lava' - Grants the user/group complete immunity from the Lava module.
    • 'NoGrief.immune.Ignite' - Grants the user/group complete immunity from the Ignite module.
    • 'NoGrief.immune.Honeypots' - Grants the user/group complete immunity from the HoneyPots module.
    • 'NoGrief.admin' - Grants the user/group the ability to access Admin commands (see below).
    Commands:

Highlighted commands require the 'NoGrief.admin' permission.
    • '/nogrief modules' - Lists currently running Modules.
    • '/nogrief reload' - Reloads NoGrief's Configuration file.
    • '/nogrief info' - Returns information about NoGrief.
    • '/nogrief punish [player]' - Manually punishes the specified player.
    • '/nogrief setmethod [method]' - Sets the punishment method to what you specify.
    • '/nogrief help' - Returns a list of commands.
    • '/hpot create' - Enables HoneyPot creation mode.
    • '/hpot delete' - Enables HoneyPot removal mode.
    • '/hpot help' - Returns a list of HoneyPot commands.
    Thank-you for using NoGrief!

Planned Features (open)

Planned Features:
    • Custom block module - punish any players holding blocks you choose.
    • Further customisation for punishment - You configure fire ticks, damage amount, whether to strike lightning.etc

Changelog:
    Version 1.1.1 - Current

• Fixed major bug that meant NoGriefLava would stop players from building
    Version 1.1.0
    • Fixed a bug in NoGriefIgnite that would fill the console with NullPointerExceptions if fires weren't started by players.
    • Made the boot/broadcast message configurable.
    • A few efficiency improvements.
    • Added ability to only remove items related to griefing from player.
    Version 1.0.0

• Released

Ghost or Tron ® and JWhy like this.
  2. Offline

Plague

please move the changelog to the bottom of your post

3. Offline

Arkel

Done.

4. Offline

Dr Danco

tested it and it seems to work fine
    one suggestion though it would be cool to be able to configure the text it shows when you get kicked.

5. Offline

weepingboil

Should this work against lava buckets? Doesn't seem to for me...?!??!?

6. Offline

Arkel

This will go in the next release, along with a customisable boot message.

7. I've got this error already with NoTNT .. and now NoGrief.

8. Offline

Denney

I'm having the same issue. Was looking forward to a quick and simple griefing plugin. Hope this get's fixed soon.

9. Offline

barrbossa

As a third "sufferer of the error" I too am having the same thing crop up every now and then in my server window, despite doing nothing but standing there. Simply removing the NoGriefIgnite.Jar has been how I solved it so far, just waiting on some sort of fix to it to be posted up. Lovely little tool though, very useful in enforcing the rules of not having specific items, since many anti-tools just catch the users after they have Griefed, which is a pain.

10. Offline

Arkel

Thanks for the further detail - I now know the cause, and should have a new release within the next hour or two (I'm finishing up on the extra features I promised).

Edit: Released version 1.1

11. Offline

Denney

I have another problem with this mod now. I have Permissions v3.1.5b installed on a CraftBukkit #860 server. Everything is fine until I install this plugin.

After I install it, nobody can destroy blocks! It just re-appears as though the user has build: false enabled. I can assure you they have build: true as it works fine when this plugin is disabled. I was able to reduce it down to a problem with the NoGriefLava.jar file. Without it installed, everything's fine. Install it and nobody can build.

There are no error messages and nothing reported to the user or the console.

12. Offline

Arkel

My apologies, fixed this now.

13. Offline

mnpeep

got an error running on bukkit 1000
    Code:
    2011-07-21 11:46:49 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'hpot' in plugin NoGriefHoneyPots v1.0
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:129)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:320)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:713)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:677)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:670)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:85)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at main.java.com.Arkel.NoGriefHoneyPots.NoGriefHoneyPots.doCommand(NoGriefHoneyPots.java:76)
        at main.java.com.Arkel.NoGriefHoneyPots.NoGriefHoneyPots.onCommand(NoGriefHoneyPots.java:60)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
        ... 12 more

14. Offline

Arkel

Could you describe what you're doing when this happens? I've been unable to recreate it.

15. Offline

gogorot

It would be great if you could add an option to block lava/water/TNT only for new members. They will be automatically granted the permission to use these items only after they have spent a configurable amount of time in the server.
    This will allow regular players to use these blocks, and griefers will be blocked.

16. Offline

Boof

I was recently griefed by a clever hacker who by-passed my white-list and opped himself. Now I am in search for anti-grief plug-ins and I'm happy to say that I have chosen your plugin. It would be soooo helpful to me if you added the ability to block Bedrock placement as well. Thank you very much for your intuitive plug-in!

Edit: After testing your plug-in, I am very impressed! Good job! However, it would also be very nice to have a feature where the plug-in counts how many times a player has been kicked for holding a "griefing" item and once the player reaches a limit, they become ip-banned. I hope you work on this plug-in more and develop it further!

17. Offline

Junrall

Please add the ability to have honeypot run "any" command we wish
    and perhaps allow it the ability to run multiple commands.

Thank you :p

18. Offline

RchGrav

That would be cool... Imagine selecting a vert region defined where they are standing, setting it to 0, pause 10 seconds and then running undo and then ban. lol Plummet into the void much?

19. Offline

Massimo1993

@Arkel
    hi excuse me but the link for download are of version 1.0 not 1.1

20. Offline

dog.big

Hello,
    found bug it the lates Honey module, simply get hpot-tool (using /hpot create or /hpot delete) and left-click, it will kick you and cause internal error.

Code:
    2011-08-22 15:28:25 [WARNING] Failed to handle packet: java.lang.NullPointerException
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at net.minecraft.server.ItemStack.a(ItemStack.java:66)
        at net.minecraft.server.InventoryPlayer.a(InventoryPlayer.java:205)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.a(EntityHuman.java:315)
        at net.minecraft.server.Block.getDamage(Block.java:286)
        at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.dig(ItemInWorldManager.java:82)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:478)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet14BlockDig.a(SourceFile:42)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:89)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:453)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:363)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-08-22 15:28:30 [INFO] Whitelist: Player dogbig is trying to join...

21. Offline

Arkel

I'm discontinuing this plugin. Anti-griefing has been done so many times before, so it's a waste of effort.

22. Offline

mineykong

can this block water?

23. Offline

dog.big