[INACTIVE][ADMN/INFO] PlayerInfo - GeoIP tool for Bukkit [Permissions] [740]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by gnftoxic, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Offline

gnftoxic

PlayerInfo is used simply to locate where a player is based, e.g. PA, U.S., or Sweden.
    Version: 0.1a
    Download: Download .jar, Source Code

Permissions Support:
    This plugin is a bit more of a invasion of privacy than anything, so this has been restricted to players with op, and players with the permission node "playerinfo.lookup"

How to Install:
    Unfortunately, you need to do more than just download the .jar, so here it goes.
    You need to download the PlayerInfo.jar and place it in your plugins directory.
    Create a directory under plugins named "PlayerInfo"
    Download the geoip.dat file from my website: http://pwnage.me/download/geoip.dat
    Place geoip.dat in the PlayerInfo directory.

Now, I do understand that the geoip.dat file is 30MB, so if you need a compressed version, you can download the zip here (18MB).

Commands:
    /pinfo - Player Info (Main lookup command)
    ... more to come.

This is what it looks like, both in-game and in console.
    Code:
    >pinfo gnftoxic
    12:25:26 [INFO] Player: gnftoxic
    12:25:26 [INFO] IP Address: 70.123.xx.xx
    12:25:26 [INFO] Hostname: cpe-70-123-xx-xx.tx.res.rr.com
    12:25:26 [INFO] Location: City, TX, United States, zipcode
    12:25:26 [INFO] Lat/Longitude: 9001.1884, -9001.5858
    Changelog:
    • 0.1a
      • Initial release

2. Offline

xPaw

You could add support for GeoIPLite base (that small base that doesnt have cities/regions in it)

3. Offline

gnftoxic

GeoIP Lite base? I don't know what that is - I simply downloaded the GeoIP Lite City "binary format" from MaxMind, since it seemed to be what I needed. That and it seemed to be the only thing I could find.

4. Offline

jor956

Is the command /lookup? If it is I suggest you change it, it would conflict with MCBans, if it isn't please tell me what the command is xD

5. Offline

gnftoxic

I literally can't believe I forgot to mention that in the first post. It's /pinfo player-name, I've updated it.

6. Offline

CainFoool

I will find this very handy to my server, thank you. :)

7. Offline

jor956

Haha Ok, Thanks

8. Offline

geek85

very nice plugin! I think it would be great to use GeoIP for spawn points (on the Earth map for example...) :p

9. I have a problem with this mod, I added it to the plugins but I did not create the folder. Somebody tell me why it does not work, I use the version of 740 (bukkit). I will be grateful for your help.

10. Offline

gnftoxic

Any errors in console?

11. Code:
    00:07:30 [INFO] [PlayerInfo] You didn't download the GeoIP database file... shame on you! Disabling plugin.
    00:07:30 [SEVERE] null loading PlayerInfo v0.1a (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at me.pwnage.bukkit.PlayerInfo.PlayerInfo.onDisable(PlayerInfo.java:58)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:129)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.disablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:646)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.disablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:230)
            at me.pwnage.bukkit.PlayerInfo.PlayerInfo.onEnable(PlayerInfo.java:38)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:127)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:632)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:218)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:116)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:94)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:217)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:204)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:144)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:259)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    GeoIP is at the server.

12. Offline

gnftoxic

Please re-read the install instructions.

13. Offline

belfedia

Hello ,

Work good on cb#766 on console !
    But in game i have this issue :
    Code:
    2011-05-11 10:22:29 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'pinfo' in plugin PlayerInfo v0.1a
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:85)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:278)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:682)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:645)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:639)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:196)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:372)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:287)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/nijiko/permissions/PermissionHandler
        at me.pwnage.bukkit.PlayerInfo.PlayerInfo.onCommand(PlayerInfo.java:69)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
        ... 12 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.nijiko.permissions.PermissionHandler
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:36)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:24)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:323)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:268)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:336)
        ... 14 more

14. Offline

MonsieurApple

Considered inactive.

15. Offline

crohakon

Damn, this was useful. =(

16. Offline

Techwiz101

Anyone know where I could get the source to this as the link in the initial post doesn't work anymore :\

17. Offline

Consalvo

The download doesn´t works

18. Offline

ahorner