[INACTIVE][ADMIN/TP] Wormhole X-Treme Worlds v0.4 - Multi-World Management & Protection [740/766]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by alron, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Offline

alron

Wormhole X-Treme Worlds - Lightweight multi-world management & protection.

Current Version: v0.4 (RB733/740/766) ( ZIP | JAR) CHANGELOG | README
    Requires: Sun/Oracle Java 1.6.0_20+. (OpenJDK/JRE is missing the XML Libraries we depend upon)

Remember to rename jar file to 'WormholeXTremeWorlds.jar' if downloading just the jar.

Donate: I don't want your money. If you still feel you need to donate money, give it to the Red Cross. Really. There are people out there who need it much more than I.

General Information:
    This is an early release for Wormhole X-Treme Worlds. Consider it extremely beta. I have tested it as much as I could. It seems stable and works as intended, though I am sure there are still bugs kicking around.

This plugin is designed to manage multiple worlds and provide basic world and player protection functionality. In the long run there will be tight, but optional, integration between it and Wormhole X-Treme itself, as this plugin was created to scratch the multiple world management itch that Wormhole X-Treme users have brought up time and time again.

Please be aware, improper command use on existing worlds does have the remote possibility to destroy or badly damage that world. Mostly if you set a normal world to nether.

In it's current form this plugin can create new worlds (with or without custom seed), set the custom world spawn point, autoload worlds at server start, teleport authorized players to specified world spawn, and teleport players to current world spawn, provide world protection (fire, lava, lightning, water) and provide player protection (fire, lava, drowning, pvp, falling, and all). It uses no database and stores all its important data in XML files. The spawn point you get for normal worlds is exactly what CraftBukkit hands the plugin at world creation or load. The spawn point for generated nether worlds is found dynamically.

Currently this plugin is able to make use of the Permissions plugin and the Help plugin (no link at current due to plugin author being inactive). When permissions is not enabled, all commands require a user to be an op.

Features:
    • Basic Multiple World Management.
    • World Specific Spawn and Setspawn capabilities.
    • Permissions support.
      • Note: Without permissions we fall back to doing isOp() checks. For every command.
    • Seed saving to world config file. If a world is loaded with WXW once, we'll have the seed saved. Also uses this seed to generate worlds if they have a WXW config but no world data on disk.
    • Basic creature spawn controls. Ability to disable hostile or neutral mobs on a world by world basis.
    • Honoring of spawn change events external to WXW.
    • The ability to use text seeds in both the 'wxw create' command as well as in the world xml config files.
      • Note: String data will be converted to long using the character integer values appended.
    • Advanced safe teleportation for spawn and go commands.
      • Note: The spawn and go commands both check if the destination blocks are safe (at, above, and below). If they aren't they either run the safe spawn finder (for nether) or the highest yAxis block finder (normal) and place the player appropriately
    • Ghasts are now considered hostile monsters, and are dealt with as such.
      • Note: Ghasts don't seem to disappear, they ghost (sometimes). But they don't move or attack the player, and are unable to be interacted with, so... kind of works?
    • Nether World safe spawn creation.
      • Note: We scan up to 19773 (9 * 13^3) blocks to find a safe spawn point. If we don't find one... sorry. It is solid rock (or lava or whatever) for you.
    • World specific player damage, fire, drowning, falling, lava, lightning and pvp protection controls.
    • World specific world fire spread, lava spread, water spread, lightning fire and lava fire protection controls.
    • Wold specific time locking controls. Three options, day, night, and none. Along with this functionality comes the ability to globally hard disable it in the config.xml.
      • Note: We don't default to any type of time locking on any world due to potential redstone circuit issues caused by time changes.
    New features/fixes in repo for v0.5:
    • On death re-spawn event catching. If you have the 'serverOptionSpawnCommand' set to true in config.xml, we now catch player respawns and send them to the exact spawn location.
      • Note: This and the '/spawn' command have been moved into their own plugin.
    • Fix to allow users to specify a negative long value for the seed. Previously it'd consider a '-seed -32493532454' as two different commands. Now it will do a number format check and decided properly if it is an arg or a command. :)
    • Weather locking on a world by world basis. None, Clear, Rain, Storm. None being the default and disabling no weather functions. Clear disables rain. Rain is well, rainy, but has no lightning. Storm is rainy with lightning.
      • Note: Currently the weather selection for the main world directly effects all worlds. This is a Craftbukkit bug, and there is nothing I can do about it.
    • Now on initial run (or run with no or empty worlds folder) we add the default loaded world as a wormhole world with default options (in a environment aware way).
    • Added more player protection options. Explosion, void, suffocation, and contact.
    • Added world protection options to disallow players starting fires and disable fire all together.
      • Note: We do not remove existing fire. Too costly to scan for.
    • World xml file option name changes (yes, we still read in the old names; the config file is regenerated at server shutdown with the new names).
    Planned Features:
    • World creation in a thread, as to not block the WXW process during generation.
    • Automated world backups. (In a thread, if possible, so it can block all it wants.). I'm doing a bit of everything else, why not add backups, right? Planned to be on a world by world basis, of course.
      • Hrm, lets back burner that feature for a while. Other things more pressing.
    • In game core plugin configuration commands. So players don't have to edit the XML file if they don't want to.
    • Full cleanup of output for commands, to be more like 'wxw info' or 'wxw modify'. Color coding, screen width formatting, and other general textual goodies.
    README (open)

To Install:
    1. Extract WormholeXTremeWorlds.jar into your plugins/ folder.
    2. Start server.
    3. Add all existing worlds to WXW via the '/wxw create' command.
    To Upgrade:
    1. Extract updated WormholwXtremeWorlds.jar into your plugins/ folder.
    2. Start Server.

COMMANDS (open)

Command List with Permissions Nodes:
    • '/wxw go [world]' - Go to spawn of specified world. - wxw.admin.go
    • '/wxw list' - List all loaded and configured worlds. - wxw.admin.list
    • '/wxw remove [world]' - Remove world from configuration. - wxw.admin.remove
    • '/wxw load [world]' - Load unloaded world. - wxw.admin.load
    • '/wxw modify [args]' - Modify settings of specified world. - wxw.admin.modify
      • Required args: -name <world>
      • Optional args: -owner <player>, -daylock, -nightlock, -notimelock, -(no)autoload, -(no)lavaspread, -(no)neutrals, -(no)firespread, -(no)lavafire, -(no)hostiles, -(no)waterspread, -(no)lightningfire, -(no)lightningdamage, -(no)damage, -(no)drown, -(no)pvp, -(no)lavadamage, -(no)falldamage, -(no)firedamage
    • '/wxw info [world]' - Get info about specified world. - wxw.admin.info
    • '/wxw setspawn' - Set spawn of current world to current location. - wxw.admin.setspawn
    • '/wxw create [args]' - Create new world with specified args. - wxw.admin.create
      • Required args: -name <world>
      • Optional args: -owner <player>, -seed <num>, -nether, -noautoload, -nohostiles, -noneutrals, -nopvp, -daylock, -nightlock, -nolavaspread, -nodrown, -nofirespread, -nolavafire, -nowaterspread, -nolightningfire, -nolightningdamage, -nodamage, -nolavadamage, -nofalldamage, -nofiredamage
    • '/wxw spawn' - Go to spawn of current world. - wxw.spawn
    • '/spawn' - Go to spawn of current world. - wxw.spawn
      • Note: This command is hard disabled in config by default.

CONFIG (open)
    Config.xml options with defaults:
    • serverOptionPermissions - Enable or disable Permissions plugin support. Default: true
    • serverOptionOpsBypassPermissions - Ops bypass Permissions plugin access checks. Default: true
    • serverOptionHelp - Enable or disable Help plugin support. Default: true
    • serverOptionSpawnCommand - Enable or disable '/spwawn' command. Does not disable '/wxw spawn'. Default: false
    • serverOptionTimelock - Option: Enable or disable timelock functionality. Default: true

CHANGELOG (open)

Important changes in bold.

v0.4 2011.04.24 09:20 PST:
    • Initial sticky chunk support. We allow plugins to register chunks that do not unload. When the chunk is no longer sticky, we schedule it for unloading. We properly catch and cancel the required chunk unload events.
      • Note: This is really only useful for v0.850 of wormhole x-treme I am working on currently.
    • Added support for player protections on a world by world basis. Drowning, burning, lava swiming, lightning strikes, falling damage, and all player damage. Controlled via the wxw modify and wxw create commands.
    • Added support for world protections on a world by world basis. Fire spread, lava spread, water spread, lightning fire, and lava fire. Controlled via the wxw modify and wxw create commands.
    • Updated wxw info ... to be more useful. Colorized it. Now when called without a world, shows info on current world.
    • Updated help output for wxw modify and wxw create to be slightly more useful.
    • Fixed typo in config loader for Neutral monster disable.
    v0.3 2011.04.21 02:17 PST:
    • Added timelock. Uses scheduler. Now users can lock their worlds to day or night. Worlds default to normal time schedules.
    • Added config.xml option to disable timelock and its scheduler. Defaults to scheduler enabled.
    v0.2.1 2011.04.20 04:38 PST:
    • World specific PvP controls. True or false.
    • Updated safe spawn code for normal worlds to only use highest y if spawn is covered. This allows indoor spawn locations. Also now retain player pitch and yaw on spawn or go.
    • Updated the find safe spawn location code to be modular. Can be used for more than just finding initial spawn locations now, with small enough xyz numbers ;)
    • Used new modular safespawn in a 3^3*9 setup for finding a safe location to drop player if nether spawn location is built over. Overkill, but ...
    v0.2 - 2011.04.19 01:39 PST :
    • Nether safe spawn generation has been completed. We scan up to (13^3)9 blocks for a safe place. Only used when world is first generated.
    • Added '/spawn' command with default hard disable via config file.
    • Normal world safe spawn teleport. We'll drop the player on top of the highest block at the spawn location. If users build to the skybox at spawn, it is not our problem. Nether still has no such thing. If a player builds over where spawn is on nether worlds, players will /spawn themselves into solid rock.
    • Text seeds, you can use them. Not sure if they work the same as with vanilla... but. :)
    • Ghasts are now considered to be hostile mobs, and dealt with as they should be.
    • Squids are now considered to be neutral mobs, and dealt with as they should be.
    v0.1.2 - 2011.04.17 08:41 PST :
    • Reverted optimization in prettyLog. Apparently causes NPE problems on some setups.
    v0.1.1 - 2011.04.17 07:15 PST :
    • We now store the world seed in our world config files. The seed value is based on what the world actually uses. This allows users to add worlds and have a valid seed stored in their config for later use. When the seed is a valid seed number (non 0) we call the world load with the specific seed. This way if someone wants to reset a world, all they have to do is delete the world folder on disk before starting the server.
    • We now pay attention to external spawn change events and update our internal spawn location references as appropriate.
    • We now properly honor the creature spawn restriction options. We clear banned types of creatures at world load as well as any time a world is connected. We also cancel creature spawn events as needed.
    • Minor performance change to our internal prettyLog method. Check to make sure system log even is appropriate for the log type we are generating.
    • Changed connect command to load. Kept connect as alias for compatibility.
    • Fixed a few NPE when trying to teleport to a world that is not loaded.
    • Info command now shows world seed.
    v0.1 - 2011.04.16 06:48 PST :
    • Initial plugin release.

World Management Examples (open)

In this example, the world name is 'world' and the player name is 'player'.

To add an existing normal world set to auto load at start with time locked to day:
    • /wxw create -name world -owner player -daylock
    To add an existing nether world set to not autoload at start with time locked to night:
    • /wxw create -name world -owner player -nether -noautoload -nightlock
    To create a new normal world with custom seed.
    • /wxw create -name world -owner player -seed 5677344492879191995
    To remove a world configuration from disk. Note: actual world will not be deleted from disk.
    • /wxw remove world
    To modify an existing worlds owner and set it to autoload, disable PvP, and disable Hostile monsters.
    • /wxw modify -name world -owner player -autoload -nopvp -nohostiles
    To connect/load a world set to not autoload at server start.
    • /wxw load world
    To teleport to spawn of managed world.
    • /wxw go world
    To teleport to spawn of current managed world.
    • /wxw spawn
    To set the spawn of current managed world to current location.
    • /wxw setspawn

Github Repo: Wormhole X-Treme Worlds
    Release RSS Feed: Wormhole-X-Treme-Worlds.rss
    Dev: alron

cj89898, Mijoja, Xaostica and 3 others like this.
  2. Offline

alron

Yep. I'll additionally have a testing build out the second I see the 1.5_01 based CraftBukkit.

I'm just trying to push and test features as quick as I can. Want to get this plugin to a point where I can start adding external hooks so I can start adding support for it into Wormhole X-Treme.

Also, I've been keeping the planned features list in the OP updated as I think of things I will be adding in the near future. :)

3. sounds goood :) i do like the idea of backup.

one question.. the seed. if its an already created world and your simply adding it.
    does it generate a random seed?

4. Offline

alron

It pulls the seed from the actual world files, and saves that. :)

5. brill! cos mv seems to have broken on of my worlds! chunks dont match!

6. Offline

alron

Ok, I've got all of the safe spawn code finished.

Any time that a player ends up in solid rock from the spawn or go commands... will most likely be the server admins fault. :)

Oh, what the heck. Have a v0.2.1. Has the new safe '/spawn' and safe '/wxw go' code as well as the world pvp controls.

Will be last release until the new bukkit drops. (unless y'all find some nasty bug I've gotta fix ASAP).

Cheers.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  7. i found a creeper mooching around the spawn point ... does that count as a bug?

8. Offline

Redyugi

No, that is a present :)

9. Offline

alron

With -nohostiles? Default world? Or a loaded world?

10. lol no not a bug :) just a sneaky creeper.. hostlies are on!

note to self: make spawn safer:) and out of bedrock maybe !

11. Offline

alron

Hahaha. You had me worried that I had a bug in my hostile creature prevention code.

12. heheh no :)

seems to be working fine! i have it on my test server atm.

only problem i have is that the seed seems to have changed.

happens in both WXW and MV... so its summat to do with the world not the plugins.

13. Offline

alron

Ok, got the world time locking capabilities all working and as reliable as I can expect them to be just testing them myself. :)

They'll be in v0.3.

14. brilliant!

workshop world here i come :)
    question tho.. if i as an admin goto said world.. and its forevernight... would /time 0 make it daylight? or are you somehow disabling that ?

15. Offline

alron

Ummm, it'll reset a change that goes against the world rules within 10 seconds. I have a recurring event that checks the time status every 10 seconds and only sets the time if its outside of the time range it should be in. Per world, of course.

I'll be adding in a hard config disable for this stuff too.

16. now that i like.. stops my ops from going in a forever night world and making it day!

17. Offline

alron

Ok, have a 0.3. It has the time functionality.

Backup functionality (slated for 0.4) is going to take a bit of thought. No point in waiting to release a feature because of that. :)

Also, a note; Worlds seems to work fine with CB689 (the first MC 1.5.x CraftBukkit build). Unless there is an api change anytime soon, I don't see Worlds having any major problems with 1.5.

18. Offline

Pitr

Nothing to apologise for. I take it as a promise. More plugins could benefit from a proper separation of concerns. You just made this plugin my number one choice for world management. :)

19. Offline

Lars1011

Hey for some reason when i chat, i cant see it in all Worlds.. Can you tell me how i would be able to make the Chat MultiWorld?

EDIT:

Nvm i just was Lagging a little :) Ignore that post :) btw U ROCK

20. Offline

alron

Haha. I hate lag.
    Glad you like my plugin.

21. Offline

Lars1011

lol, its probably because that im running the server on a crappy computer

22. Offline

Drakonas

What I would like to see for this plugin is some features that are holding me close to WorldGuard still. One is separate god permissions as default for a world, like so:

damage-underwater: true/false
    damage-fall: true/false
    damage-entity: true/false
    damage-suffocation: true/false

I use most of these features differently with separate worlds. (I have a vanilla minecraft normal/nether world, a no-fall damage normal/nether world, and a creative world [meaning no damage at all])

WorldGuard was perfect for this, but I am tired of using WorldGuard for that simple reason. It is hurting my dream of a seamless God command integration, because WorldGuard overrides the Essentials God command. If you could add this, I would be in your debt.

Thanks,
    Drakonas

23. Offline

EvilPlushToy

Is there a way to create a world without a owner? once a world is created it seems no one can build in it unless they are made an OP? My users tend to abuse bein an op lol so id like for it to be possible for them to build without it if there is any way and im just missing it.

24. Offline

alron

The owner variable is not actually used at the moment. It is just there because I plan to use it in the future and it is easier to have people have to set an owner now rather than have people have to convert their world files to add owner support when that time comes.

As for your players not being able to build, are you sure that this isn't because they are trying to build at/in a spawn protected area? Worlds has no build restrictions enabled. At all. (at the moment)

:)

25. Offline

xsolar66

Just installed your mod - WORKS BRILLIANTLY.

Only thing that concerns me is: For the base world, when hostiles are turned off normally, the Player regenerates health, but;
    When I change worlds to a place with -nohostiles, There is no health regeneration ;

My server is a building world - however, I don't particularly want things like no falling damage or no suffocation. The thrill of building something really high in the sky and accidently falling off and dying is great; but for small bumps and bruises when jumping down a steep hill - it would be great to have the health regeneration from the "base" world carry over :)

Is this possibly to implement?

26. Offline

EvilPlushToy

Hmm i suppose i don't really know then >.>
    I'm still pretty new to running a server (i think tomorrow makes a whole week lol) And because of some plugins ive been trying to make work a few things are broken, so i have to use /give often and i tend to op my users so they bug me less lol. But i keep getting reports of them not being able to place or break blocks in any worlds besides the main world when deoped. Do you think deopping is whats causing the problem to begin with? Anyway, knowing that the owner property of the worlds isn't causing it is an enormous help, thank you a lot for taking the time to answer my question.
    Also, since i am being long winded already i will just say that i really love this plugin it perfectly suits my needs for simple multi-world creation and management.

27. Offline

whitehooder

Awesome plugin:D Keep up the good work!

Just wondering about what the permission nodes would be. im quite new to this kinda server. would it be "wxw.*" or something to have permission to all the commands this plugin offer?

28. Offline

xsolar66

Just tested it - "wxw.*" allows access to all commands on this mod."

29. Offline

alron

wxw.admin.* and wxw.*

30. Offline

unusualbob

Oh cool to see you got this ball rolling alron, just one question as its bugging me right now in-game and I haven't yet installed this plugin. Does it support an exact spawn? Like if I set it will I always spawn at that exact coordinate unless there is some rock I might inhale? MC/bukkit seems to default to a radius which means for now I am spawning on and around random locations in my spawn building. D: Even though I'm not running multiworld yet I would probably consider running this if it means I get a nice spawnpoint :D

31. Offline

alron

Not only does it support exact spawn, on a world by world basis, it has pretty robust safe spawn capabilities (I.E. protecting user from being teleported into blocks built over spawn). Of course, I don't have a death spawn added yet. So that is still handled by the randomish vanilla spawn code. But the vanilla stuff does use the spawn that Worlds sets, so you at least end up in the right general location.

I'll see about adding in a death spawn. If I can.