[INACTIVE][ADMIN]sqlPermissions working for build 440+

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Raider, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Raider

sqlPermissions - mysql based permissions plugin:
    Version: v1.0
    This is a simple permissions plugin with inbuilt homes. and colored chat.
    This is more of a successor of my previous mod called theBasics with the goal
    to provide more of a permission system.

I built this for a alternative to flat file permissions systems

Features:
    • Gives a Mysql based permissions
    • groups(individual player permissions not working yet)
    • bans(doesnt kick or ban in the same terms, but removes building abilities)
    • inbuilt homes
    • colored chat and group names
    • MOTD
    Changelog:
    Version 1.0
    • Released this
    Installation Requirements
    ------------------------------
    MYSQL
    JDBC driver

How to install
    -----------------
    • Install the jdbc Driver into the java library
    • install mysql
    • Create a database of your choosing and import the sql file into it
    • Copy the zip file contents into the plugins directory for minecraft
    • configure the config file in sqlPermissions to have your mysql information
    • your done!
    You can also plug into this plugin and make your own plugins. For an example plugin for it, download the helloWorld.zip

How to create a plugin for this
    ----------------------------------
    be sure to use sqlPermissions in your development library
    and use the helloWorld.zip source as either a reference or a template

*EDIT*
    Minor correction, is working for 505+ as well

Attached Files:

2. Offline

contex

Could be useful if you like to manage your permissions through a website. The only thing is that I've already convereted "Permissions 2.5.3" to MySQL and it's more widely used . Other than that it's a good plugin, good job.

3. Offline

Raider

really? which plugin is that? Only reason i made it because i couldnt find any one that were properly out and developed

4. Offline

contex

I made it myself but haven't acctualy released it cause the coding is a bit messy.

5. Offline

Incendia

Am I the only one that thinks we don't need -another- permissions system?

6. Offline

kroimon

Nope, me!
    I really really look forward to the official one ;-)

7. Offline

Raider

Honestly, If the permissions weren't in a flatfile. id be using it. I mean, flatfile is a horrible way to store user data as permissions does. Which is why i created my own =P

Also, incendia, perhaps we could collaborate and take the best of each others sql mods, merge them and develop together? two heads are better than one after all =)

8. Offline

contex

As I love MySQL as well, I'll release 2 of the cutom plugins I use tommorow, a custtom build of the newest Permissions system that will use either flatfile or mysql, depending on settings. And a /login /register for PHPBB which is also a custom build of a Auth mod here. Maybe we could work togheter on something? Do you know if there is a way to "inject" a plugin into Permissions? By that I mean you can keep Permissions and only add a seperate plugin that handles the MySQL.

9. Offline

Raider

it sounds good. Ironically, I have also been working on a Authorization mod, which i was planning on releasing tomorrow on myserver, and if it works well. Then to the forums here.
    Mine works on my own custom web login and registration though
    (being designed so that we dont have to rely on notch's authentication for when that goes down)

Also, im not sure about if there is some thing that can inject into permissions or how easy it would be if it was possible. But its probably worth experimenting with

10. Offline

MBoffin

Can the message be slimmed down? Something along the lines of:

Suspect: MBoffin | Server Time: 29m | Logins: 12 | Warnings: 10

Maybe make a "terse" configuration option that slims it down?

11. Offline

contex

This is what I am currently planning:
    To create an authorization mod that can handle the authorizations of different forum boards (such as phpBB1-3, SMF, myBB and more). I've already fixed the phpBB3 with a hack to the PHP code, but I'm currently trying to create the phpBB3's encyrption function in Java so there is no hack needed on the PHP side.

12. Offline

Raider

i havent looked at phpBB's encrytion to be honest. I've always thought it just used md5 encryption. If that's the case, you might be interested in this..
    http://www.spiration.co.uk/post/1199/Java md5 example with MessageDigest

Anyway, i finished my authentication. Nothing as complex as yours however. Mine simply checks the registered IP of the user and the one stored in the database(users update it by logging in with a username and password) and if correct, it logs them in. If it doesnt, it boots them. Works like a charm so far. Going to turn off notch's authentication now and see how it goes for the week. If it works as well as it has so far. it'll be ready for release =D

13. Offline

contex

Thank you for the example.
    Sounds interesting, that's what I was working on the side as well. Tell me how it goes!

14. Offline

Rocky

I am curious, or maybe i just didnt read it carefully, or maybe i am just too n00b to get it. How would we be adding people and modifying groups with this plugin, are there commands we can use to do this? or would we have to use something like phpmyadmin to change EACH value for EACH person.

and what about reloading the permissions? is this an active plugin where you change a value and it automatically refreshes?

15. Offline

Raider

Ok, currently, Groups and their permissions have to be added in the sql manually via phpmyadmin or by other means. However, users in the groups can be modifies on the fly in minecraft itself with the command

/changegroup [username] [groupname]

If by chance you did modify a player in the sql database however, all they need to do is log out, then back in for the modification to take affect. The same thing should apply if the group permissions are modified as well. Users will need to log out, then back in for it to take affect.

The server itself however should not need to be restarted for any of this to take affect though.

16. Offline

Plague

To be moved into Plugin Releases please update to newest RB and maybe reformat the post a little bit.

17. Offline

Steve Member

Broken by the Bukkit API changes
    Code:
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:105)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:158)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:106)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:63)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:215)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:202)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:142)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:257)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.bukkit.kingnerd.MCCondom.MCCondom.<init>()
            at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:100)
            ... 8 more

18. Offline

iPhysX

im downloading this for the name. oh and the plugin, of course!

edit: guys, its better than durex and trojan!

19. Offline

Plague

Dunno whether this is even supported, but please update to Recommended CB to be moved to plugin releases

20. Offline

Juze

It's not, so I'll move this to inactive for now.

EDIT: I messed up something.