[INACTIVE][ADMIN/SEC] OPBlock v0.2 - Make certain blocks indestructible [677]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by bob3695, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Offline

bob3695

OPBlock - Make certain blocks indestructible:
    Version: v0.2

Ops will have the ability to place blocks that can't be destroyed by anyone except other Ops. Tested in Craftbukkit 677. This uses the new persistence system that was added so please make sure you set that up (bukkit.yml) If you need help with that I should be able to provide a little help. The code to this plugin is very basic and easy to figure out if you want to implement it into a different plugin.

Features:
    Type "/opblock" before you place a block that you don't want destroyed then place it. Type "/opblock" again to turn it off.

Download: https://bitbucket.org/bob3695/opblock/downloads/OPBlock.jar
    Source: https://bitbucket.org/bob3695/opblock/overview

Changelog:
    Version 0.2
    • Fixed it so non-ops can no longer break the opblocks (sorry about that!)
    • Added Permissions 2.7 support (optional, defaults to if the player is op if permissions isn't installed). Permission: opblock.use
    Version 0.1b
    • Re-uploaded a file that didn't spam chat (I believe the first release had some debug code in)
    Version 0.1
    • First release

surferbrig231 and godgodgodgo like this.
  2. Offline

Juze

3. Offline

godgodgodgo

Still spamming the chat with the:

godgodgodgo
    false

4. Offline

bob3695

Will look into it after work

5. Offline

surferbrig231

I downloaded the jar file and placed it in my plugins in folder. I need help because i don't understand the persistence part because with out that, the plugin isn't working for me.

6. Offline

retrogrymlyn

hehe im getting this annoying False. False. False. everytime i place a block without opblock on
    im guessing thats what godgodgodgo is talking about

7. Offline

surferbrig231

yo can you help me?

8. Offline

doesnotexist

I want to make iron doors universally unbreakable. Is that possible with this mod?

9. Offline

retrogrymlyn

yes it is possible

yeah with what?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  10. Offline

surferbrig231

With the downloading it. Because when i do it, i put the jar file into the plugin folder but i dont understand the next step. would you mind helping me out

11. Offline

bob3695

Sorry for the absence guys. I will upload a fixed version that doesn't spam chat tomorrow morning or after work depending on when i get the chance.

It is if you use this when placing all the iron doors...it will not work on already placed doors.

Have you setup bukkit.yml at the top level of your server? You can either have it work with sqlite or MySQL (I personally have it setup for MySQL, but sqlite is as easy as changing the name of the file on the last line of the file. (it has something like {dir} {file} or somethig like that...just replace that with a database name. If you need more help then that you can post here or PM me

12. Offline

surferbrig231

Im still confused because I'm not good with servers too much. So i have to download the plugin: mysql? If so can u post the link on here? but i'm confused after that with changing the file name and anything after that

13. Offline

bob3695

mysql isnt a plugin, it is a database engine. you can use that or sqlite. If you don't already have a mysql db I highly suggest you go with the sqlite in which case all you got to do is open bukkit.yml and change the last line to have a valid name. I don't have access to a bukkit.yml at this moment so I can't really help much as I don't recall the exact names. But if you PM me the contents of the file I can reply showing you which line you need modify to get this working.

14. Offline

surferbrig231

The problem is i dont see bukkit.yml. would it be in my server directory?

15. Offline

bob3695

What version of bukkit are you running?

16. Offline

surferbrig231

thats gotta be the problem i think its an earlier version. ill reinstall the server tomorrow and copy the data tomorrow too. than ill see if i can get it but if not ill let you know. i really appreciate it bob. im sorry for asking ridiculous questions.

17. Offline

TheArcher

Great plugin, I've been waiting for this to become available to Bukkit!

18. Offline

bob3695

No question is ridiculous unless its asked over and over ;) It should be created on first run of the server. Not sure exactly which version persistence was introduced into but the latest recommended build will have it.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

Keep in mind everyone, I will be uploading the fixed (no more spam!) version tomorrow.

19. Offline

retrogrymlyn

thanks for fixing the spam :)
    However i have 1 more request... i have like a billion greifers every morning and i really like this plugin... however it conflicts with permissions... could you possibly add permissions support? THX

20. Offline

godgodgodgo

It conflicts with permissions? What do you mean? Mine works fine

21. Offline

MeHasDagger

What do you use for a code?

EDIT: To the permissions file.

22. Offline

godgodgodgo

Code?
    If you are talking about the permissions nodes then I don't put one in because I am the admin and in the ops list so it works.
    Thats why it's called op block ;) It checks if you're an op

23. Offline

MeHasDagger

Oh... :(

I'm using permissions, and if I'm using OPs I can't have anything in between, a semi-admin with just some commands, not all.

24. Offline

godgodgodgo

I am not planning on giving anyone else the command so.... :/
    bob3695 should be on in like 5 hours XD

25. Offline

bob3695

About 2-3 actually. I wasn't really planning on hooking into permissions as this was meant to be very simplistic but if that is what you guys want then I can release a permissions version.

godgodgodgo likes this.
  26. Offline

godgodgodgo

I don't mind whether u have permissions. Seems that other people do though.
    I hang my head in shame for getting the time wrong

27. Offline

TheOneHamster

Tested it on my server, works great so far! But i realized that my players are able to destroy certain "blocks" like torches. Would be nice if really EVERYTHING i place in the world is indestructable! :)

28. Offline

godgodgodgo

Could Place glowstone instead XD or light some netherrack

29. Offline

bob3695

It isn't working for torches? Interesting...I will have to look into it!

Also I will most likely be working on this, this weekend and hopefully be able to get permissions in

30. Offline

retrogrymlyn

thanks bob3696 your the coolest