[INACTIVE][ADMIN/MECH/GEN] RestartNow v0.3_2 - Full server restarts [818 - 1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by aidan matzko, Jun 5, 2011.

1. RestartNow - Complete Restarts:
    Version: v0.3_2

When i first joined bukkit, I was very surprised by the fact that there was no way to restart the server. Yes, there are toolkits and modified .bat's or .sh's, but why isn't there just a plugin? That's what this is for.

Features:
    • Full Server Restarts.
    • Compatible with any OS!
    • Compatible with any startup script.
    • Automatic restarts every x minute(s)!
    • Restart the server when there are no players on the server!
    • Reload the server when there are no players on the server!
    • Permissions/Group Manager support
    • Commands include:
      • /restart -- restarts the server
      • /schedulerestart <time + time unit> -- cancels all planned restarts and schedules the server to be restart in <time + time unit>
      • /resettimers -- cancels every planned restart
      • /kickall -- kicks everyone from the server, including yourself if its not from the console
      • /saveworlds -- saves all worlds
      • /reloadplugin <plugin> -- reload plugin X
      • /restartnow <update> -- displays general information and updates the server
    To Do

• Wrapper -- High
    Known Bugs

• After a restart linux users can't see the gui(it's still running!)
    • Does not work with MCMA(use its /restart command, not fixable by me)
    • /restartnow update does not download 0.3_1, please manually update till i get back
    • Update times are slightly screwed up (sorry :/) Will be fixed ASAP
    • You can't have a space from C:/(or your default drive) to craftbukkit.jar. A fix will be out soon
    • Configuration options still give an error when the config is setup wrong...
    Downloads

Jar
    Source Code

How to Install:
    There is now a semi-complete wiki! hopefully this helps clear up any confusion.
    Wiki Here
    LINUX BUG
    In linux if you restart the server, there will be NO console gui to type commands into. The server is still running, there is just no GUI. I can make it a simple light weight wrapper, comment on if you would rather have a console gui or a wrapper!

Changelog:
    • Version 0.3_2
      • Very important bug fix in restartNowMain.jar
    • Version 0.3_1
      • Fix notification times(again!)
      • Test updating from the console! Type /restartnow update ;)
    • Version 0.3
      • Huge update! Please delete your configuration file
      • API! Check the wiki for more information
      • Auto updating!(Give a huge thanks to @Adamki11 , he created the lib, and I modified to suit my needs)
      • Auto extracting! No more pesky zip file
      • Completely reworked structure.
      • Broadcast times FIXED!
      • Other various bug fixes
      • Added a github wikipedia
    • Version 0.2_1
      • Fix the Reload-Server problem
    • Version 0.2
      • New command. /reloadplugin <plugin name>. Pretty simple, reloads that plugin. Must be the same exactly spelling as the plugin when listed in /plugins
      • The command /schedulerestart <time> is changed to /schedulerestart <time + time unit> the time units are same for config as they are for this command.
      • Huge update for the config. Look at the documentation again ;)
      • Broadcast with X minutes left till restart!
      • The linux server is kinda fixed. Checkout above
      • No player reload.
      • Much more stable.
    • Version 0.1_2 -- Note quick reupload for Ubuntu users to change the way the .sh is opened
      • Full fix for Windows users. Upload now includes a bat file(windowsonly.bat) that is required for windows users.
    • Version 0.1_1
      • Fixed the duplicate command prompt error on Windows.
    • Version 0.1
      • It's out!
      • Added some changes from the beta version such as more commands, another safeguard, and improved permissions handling.
    Error Reports:
    • Please post feature requests/bugs to github, makes it easier to get them all!
    • If you would like to submit a bug(github/forum), please use this method:
    • Before you do anything, open a command line
    • cd to the server directory
    • type java -jar restartNowMain.jar "<name of bat or sh>" "<os name> "1"
    • Code:
      Config File

The .sh or .bat you use to start the server

What happened when you did the steps above with a command line?

2. Offline

davvem

Um..... I dont get it to work either, my console is called start.bat, start.bat is also in config, i've configured time settings a bit, nothing happens, help?

Maybe i dont understand the config... Can you send me a config, where the server restarts every 30 min , and the server opens again after 2 min, and players can connect in 3? Maybe? becuse i dont get it to work.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  3. Offline

Suembeaux

so this plugin used to completely shut down and restart my server...(specifically i noticed a new CMD window come up every time it did) and now it does not...since then i have been getting a java memory error after it has been on for a day or two, which i used to let it stay on 24/7 and never had a problem beyond having to close dozens of cmd windows, i have never gotten before that means i have used too much memory for the java program...this wouldn't bother me if i didn't have 4 gigs dedicated to my server...what is going on? should i redownload the older version and see if it will work with the newer CB build?

4. Offline

dannywillem

hello tips48, the plugin dont start, can you help me?
    error: http://pastebin.com/7G12V8iL
    system: linux debian 5
    minecraft start file: sh

5. Offline

Astridae

The plugin doesn't fully shut down my server before attempting to restart it. It leaves the last instance of the server running and bound to the port so that the restarted server gets errors. I have to use the task manager to kill it.

it's running on Windows Vista 32 bit.

Edit: I've tested it in other spots and it doesn't seem to be the Plugin. Any suggestions?

6. Had little problems with closing servers cmd instances too but figured it out.

Had to tell my server.bat to give name for that instance, just add "TITLE mineserver" or what ever you like it to be called.
    Code:
    server.bat

@ECHO OFF
    TITLE mineserver
    SET BINDIR=%~dp0
    CD /D "%BINDIR%"
    "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx1G -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
    PAUSE
    Edited plugins windowsonly.bat TASKKILL command a little:
    Code:
    windowsonly.bat

TASKKILL /FI "WINDOWTITLE eq Administrator:  mineserver"
    START server.bat
    EXIT

to

TASKKILL /FI "WINDOWTITLE eq Administrator:  mineserver" /IM cmd.exe
    START server.bat
    EXIT
    ...and voila it kills old instances every restart.

Hope it helps :)

CraftBukkit 1060
    RestartNow v0.3_2
    Windows 7 SP1 64bit

7. Offline

Skyline969

Well, I had some issue where files weren't extracting, so I had to do some manual work. I think it's done right now. This is the exception I get upon server launch:

Code:
    >17:13:49 [INFO] [RestartNow] Version 0.3_2 ready to restart!

>17:13:49 [INFO] [RestartNow] Permissions not detected.

>17:13:49 [SEVERE] java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file

>17:13:49 [SEVERE] at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)

>17:13:49 [SEVERE] at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)

>17:13:49 [SEVERE] at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)

>17:13:49 [SEVERE] at com.tips48.restartNow.RestartNowExtractor.extractFile(RestartNowExtractor.java:23)

>17:13:49 [SEVERE] at com.tips48.restartNow.RestartNow.onEnable(RestartNow.java:192)

>17:13:49 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)

>17:13:49 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:885)

>17:13:49 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:278)

>17:13:49 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:178)

>17:13:49 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:161)

>17:13:49 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:286)

>17:13:49 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:273)

>17:13:49 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:149)

>17:13:49 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:337)

>17:13:49 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

>17:13:49 [SEVERE] java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file

>17:13:49 [SEVERE] at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)

>17:13:49 [SEVERE] at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)

>17:13:49 [SEVERE] at com.tips48.restartNow.RestartNowExtractor.extractFile(RestartNowExtractor.java:23)

>17:13:49 [SEVERE] at com.tips48.restartNow.RestartNow.onEnable(RestartNow.java:194)

>17:13:49 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)

>17:13:49 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:885)

>17:13:49 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:278)

>17:13:49 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:178)

>17:13:49 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:161)

>17:13:49 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:286)

>17:13:49 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:273)

>17:13:49 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:149)

>17:13:49 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:337)

>17:13:49 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

>17:13:50 [INFO] [RestartNow] You are running the latest version of RestartNow.

Ran it on a test server on my Windows box and it did not show this, so I copied files that it extracted to my server (I have a hosting service, so my access to things is limited somewhat). I guess I'll know if it actually works now in a few hours when it auto-reboots.

EDIT: Noticed the /restart command, tried it. Doesn't work in the sense that it stops my server, but it never comes back up. I have the config set to run start.sh, and start.sh is located in the same folder as craftbukkit.jar and whatnot. Would someone be able to help me with this?

8. Could you please quote this post once you have fixed the "You can't have a space from C:/(or your default drive) to craftbukkit.jar." bug please.

9. Offline

Ralm

@tips48

Hi,
    Im getting a error with your plugin. I dont know how does it act when kicking the players, but looks to be so fast that I get a error like this:

[​IMG]

This error happens in the middle of the messages of the plug-ins disabling.

I beleive its RestartNow fault. Can it be fixed??? Thanks

Note: Im using your plugin instead of SimpleRestart lol Looks better really.

10. Have you tried it without RestartNow? It appears to be MagicSpells error, even though it says its mine.

11. Offline

Ralm

@tips48 I only have that error when restarting. If I do like /stop I have no error. The MagicSpells plugin is on since the beginning and I have been just adding more and more plugins in the server without any errors from it, so I dont think is MagicSpells Fault.

The problem there was that MagicSpells didnt manage to get info that the player (in that case me) got disconnected.
    I can try with more people if you want, to see if give 1 error per person.

12. @Ralm sure, go ahead. Just know restartNow has alot of bugs. I *might* re-write it, if enough people show interest. Right now, not that many people seem to want it that much.

13. Offline

Mcmaxx

*STATIC* Bitch artillery shell inbound, everybody take cover! GO GO GO! *STATIC*
    Please show interest, my restart times are screwed up and players in my server are being confuzzled.
    *STATIC* Glad we survived that one men. Hopefully there won't be another one. *STATIC*
    :p

14. Offline

Mrchasez

The restart times are way off.
    It will also say "Restarting" and not..
    Also, It will say in game "Server restarting in 1200 m, but on console like 2 Hours.
    Its really buggy, right now.
    I could easily write a plugin that sends the /stop command every (x) amount of time
    You should really fix this so i don't have to xD

15. I'm going to re-write this along with adding a GUI. rawr

16. Offline

Mrchasez

Ok.
    It in general dont work atm

17. Mhmm

18. Offline

Mcmaxx

Well it works really well, it keeps my server up and running every day, but the only thing I want fixed are the times and the ability to change the message (maybe?)

19. Any news on the "You can't have a space from C:/(or your default drive) to craftbukkit.jar." bug?

20. Offline

1nd1g0

update for 1185 please?

21. Offline

Crete21

How bout RB #1240?

22. Offline

MichaelSe

Does it work with .command startup scripts? I'm on a Mac, and can't use .bat or .sh

Also, I get errors when starting the server

Code:
    14:54:26 [INFO] [RestartNow] Version 0.3_2 ready to restart!
    14:54:26 [INFO] [RestartNow] Permissions detected.
    14:54:26 [SEVERE] java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
    14:54:26 [SEVERE]     at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
    14:54:26 [SEVERE]     at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:127)
    14:54:26 [SEVERE]     at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:135)
    14:54:26 [SEVERE]     at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:72)
    14:54:26 [SEVERE]     at com.tips48.restartNow.RestartNowExtractor.extractFile(RestartNowExtractor.java:23)
    14:54:26 [SEVERE]     at com.tips48.restartNow.RestartNow.onEnable(RestartNow.java:192)
    14:54:26 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
    14:54:26 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:941)
    14:54:26 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:280)
    14:54:26 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:174)
    14:54:26 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:157)
    14:54:26 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:297)
    14:54:26 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:284)
    14:54:26 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:152)
    14:54:26 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:348)
    14:54:26 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)
    14:54:26 [SEVERE] java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
    14:54:26 [SEVERE]     at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
    14:54:26 [SEVERE]     at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:127)
    14:54:26 [SEVERE]     at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:135)
    14:54:26 [SEVERE]     at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:72)
    14:54:26 [SEVERE]     at com.tips48.restartNow.RestartNowExtractor.extractFile(RestartNowExtractor.java:23)
    14:54:26 [SEVERE]     at com.tips48.restartNow.RestartNow.onEnable(RestartNow.java:194)
    14:54:26 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
    14:54:26 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:941)
    14:54:26 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:280)
    14:54:26 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:174)
    14:54:26 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:157)
    14:54:26 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:297)
    14:54:26 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:284)
    14:54:26 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:152)
    14:54:26 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:348)
    14:54:26 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)
    14:54:28 [INFO] [RestartNow] You are running the latest version of RestartNow.

23. Offline

dannybtw

can you add permissions

24. Offline

felinoel

I have very limited access to an actual server that I would like to put a Minecraft server on, and so other than my initial installing of the server and this plugin I will have to rely on this plugin for restarting my Minecraft server. Could I update my Minecraft jar when needed during one of these restarts and would I never for any reason need to manually turn on the Minecraft server?

How long do these restarts last? Is it just where it turns off and then instantly turns back on?

Also does this mean that when no one is on the server turns off until someone signs on, or does it just mean that when everyone is off it will do a restart for good measure?

I'll be running a Linux based server, does this mean that on the server itself only the gui won't be visible? I wouldn't ever be going physically back to the server, only uploading new jar files and whatnot about a three hour drive away from it

25. plugin is inactive, considering re-write

26. Offline

felinoel

Well eff then, well did it do what I needed it to do? Or am I looking at the wrong thing for what I need?

27. It took 3ish seconds...Depends on amount of plugins

28. Offline

felinoel

I see, what if I were to change out the plugins and jar and whatnot before it reset?

29. Uhm....
    What?

30. Ye your back! I have been waiting for this plugin to update/change for a long time! Your the only person with a decent/simple auto-restart plugin :D,
    Keep up the awesome work man!

31. Offline

IchigoKush

Im curious why my server wont restart...For Craftbukkit-Launcher= I put
    Craftbukkit-Launcher=starter.bat

But when i /restart in server kicks everyone closes server..then after 30 seconds..says couldnt find my critiria..xO

just says start [bat name]
    then in new console i have to type start.bat to actually restart..and i dont wanna babysit server..xO