[INACTIVE][ADMIN] EssentialsBan v202 - Lightweight Ban/Mute/Jail [531]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Zenexer, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Offline

Zenexer

As part of our effort to keep Essentials compatible with a wide range of plugins, and as a result of continued pressure from the Bukkit development community, we have opted to split Essentials into multiple sub-plugins. Most utilize the Essentials core, and require that it be present.

EssentialsBan provides the following commands as of writing:
    • /ban
    • /unban
    • /kick
    • /banip
    • /unbanip
    • /mute
    • /togglejail (/tjail)

For detailed documentation, including installation instructions, download links, and command description, please see our wiki. Special thanks goes to our support team headed by Aelux for this fantastic resource.

For immediate installation, download the JAR directly.

2. Offline

sauevaem

Try plugin 'Jail' or 'MCBans'.

3. Offline

Zenexer

I wasn't considering it, but now that I think about it... (jk)

The ban bug has nothing to do with EssentialsBan--it's a CraftBukkit bug. We've implemented a workaround--clearly CraftBukkit doesn't give a flying hoot because, as was stated, it's been over a week. By we, I mean ementalo. I provided... moral support? ;)

4. I have just fixed the issue of people logging in after ban, it was a workaround as the issue lies in CB. This will be released today.

I will look into the other issues as well, including splitting jail away from warps.

5. Offline

tremor

I didnt think it was true, I'd just seen it mentioned more than once in IRC and in various forum posts... thanks for clearing this up. You should probably get the forum mods to merge your topics and purge some age... I'd think it would be easier for your team to just look in one place to address issues... I know you have your wiki and own chat area (which i can never get to work) but for the most part the people never go far beyond the bukkit forums....
    --- merged: Mar 5, 2011 1:18 AM ---
    Essentials /MUTE does not stop the emotes /me - mute a player and they continue to jabber away through emotes..

6. Offline

Oscarius

Any chance of having the ability to ban a player for a certain amount of time?

7. Offline

Tohclan

/mute, /ban, and /ban IP don't work.

Craftbukkit build 493
    Essentials ban version 202.

8. Offline

IOn Vash

nothing works on this plugin.

Craftbukkit build 493
    Essentials ban version 202.

9. Offline

kazeen

will bans still work with mcbans?

10. Offline

woodzy

11. Offline

Alienware777

Are you guys joking me?

Wiki>Command List> "Control+F" Jail

12. Offline

woodzy

ur download link is broken

13. Offline

mars0015

I need permission node for /togglejail.

14. Offline

mrossim

the link doesnt work :C

15. Offline

papy

16. Offline

Neo_Bahamut_19

Awesome... So to have another plugin other than MCBans to run on my server, I MUST install Essentials... Pretty lame if you ask me, especially considering it throws a fit with all of the other existing permissions styled plugins I've tried and tries to overpower them, limiting what I can do...

17. Offline

Plague

@Zenexer is this still supported? According to the 531 version it's not...

18. Offline

Plague

Since the owner does not react although he is online, I consider this unsupported

19. Just updating this inactive plugin post to point to the current information, it should probably locked and forgotten about.

This plugin was merged into the main essentials package some time ago.

You can find out more about essentials by visiting the wiki page.
    You can find the most recent download links posted also on the wiki page.

If you need any help with essentials visit our support channel on espernet in channel #essentials