Question I'm making a bukkit server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by ScriptedForum, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ScriptedForum

I recently got a new pc, I Want to host a bukkit server but apparently I can only host 9 players..

Specs:
    Processor (CPU)
    Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-4460 (3.2GHz) 6MB Cache

Case
    STYLISH PIANO BLACK ENIGMA MICRO-ATX CASE + 2 FRONT USB

Motherboard
    ASUS® H81M-PLUS: Micro-ATX, LG1150, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs

Memory (RAM)
    8GB KINGSTON DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (1 x 8GB)

Graphics Card
    1GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 750 Ti - DVI, HDMI, VGA - 3D Vision Ready

1st Hard Disk
    1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 32MB CACHE

Internet Specs:
    Upload: 5.92 Mbps
    Download: 61.7 Mbps

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@ScriptedForum And your question is?
    Do you have lag? Are more players just denied to join?

3. Offline

ScriptedForum

I'm just wondering why it recommends a limit of 9 players including myself.

4. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

5. Offline

Rock_Cam12

@ScriptedForum Based on those statistics and my own knowledge, you can host a lot more than 9 peeps. On my assumptions, you can probably host 40+, maybe 30. Your main issue is your network, you usually want to try and have an upload of 10Mbps

6. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@Rock_Cam12, that's internet providers for you. My testing server maxes out at 4 because of an amazing download (30) but I only get 2 upload. Thanks comcast.

7. Offline

Rock_Cam12

@Tecno_Wizard Right, Download speed doesnt really contribute to the server, its the upload speed that does, I have a download speed of 137 and upload of around 15. I am under Comcast Xfinity, and it works great for me. And so far the only issue of lag we get is extreme WorldEdit action and some other things.

8. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@Rock_Cam12, no, download matters too, but usually the main limitation for at home servers is upload.

9. Offline

Rock_Cam12

@Tecno_Wizard That is correct. I dont usually worry about download because usually downloads are a lot higher than uploads

10. Offline

nbrandwine

I used to run a server at my house. This is what it had, in hardware terms. However, the only reason why I was able to host upwards of 20 people was because the internet was rarely used (Im like the only one) and it's up/down was an easily 25 u/20 d. But I digress, these is what it had (I remade the partlist, the server is next to me right now):

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/NBZrCJ

I forgot the password (lel) so I have to recover it with a usb, but when it comes back up I'll have fun with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.