Idiot profer (Speling corection)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by xBlueXFoxx, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Offline

xBlueXFoxx

As you can tell the title is spelled incorrectly to help prove my point, aren't you tired of childish kids coming into your server and saying the most annoying things? I'm a major grammar/spelling Nazi when it comes to this. Even though I myself do not have the best of spelling/grammar, at least I put a good amount of effort into it.

It's one of the stresses I have, being a Minecraft server admin and constantly having to deal with "griefers", kids, e-thugs, anime crack addicts, and just plain out idiots in my server all day every day. I'm sure tons of admins share this same stress, it's not something I go on rage about, it's just something that personally annoys me. People intentionally, just be too lazy or just too ignorant to even go out on a limb and say that "spelling dis way saves u time". It doesn't, it's a much better practice to spell properly, it hardly saves you time what-so-ever, fractions of a second. If you train yourself to spell properly, and use better grammar, it would become much easier, it takes little effort.

Some people just spell like idiots, intentionally is the worst, I understand if one does not understand the English language but they are not taught to spell "please" like "pls". It doesn't even have to be a full spell check, just to correct the most common of misspelled words, the ones people do not even put an effort into spelling properly. I'll go ahead and list a few examples below.

"i" < I
    "u" < you
    "cant" < can't
    "couldnt" < couldn't
    "pls/plz" < please
    "!!!!!!11!" < ! (I just added that in, does anyone else fine excessive exclamations annoying?).
    "dam" < damn
    "youre" < you're
    "wouldnt" < wouldn't
    "ur" < your/you're (This one is complicated, since it universally has two meanings).
    "dat" < that

"can i plz has op?!"
    "i frm planet minecrsft i need to review ur plugins, giv me op."

If a developer takes this suggestion, I hope for a great solid plugin, fully dynamic, support for spaces, and hope it stays supported to help attack ignorant players the correct way. It shouldn't be a kick/ban, it should just auto correct and slap them on the wrist with a witty comment.

[Edit] I did further searching and found this. http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/lrn2spell/
    I'll try it out, it's close to what I want but alternative plugins are always great to have!

[Edit#2] It works but has a lot of bugs.

-_Husky_- likes this.
  2. Offline

dxwarlock

The only 2 that really drive me crazy are "wat" and "wut"
    I mean is ONE more letter that hard to type.

The plugins a great idea, but wouldn't help me. As usually by rule of thumb, me and my mods have figured out "the worse their use of 'SMS 90's cellphone style' typing...the more we need to watch them for stealing, grieving, making racist signs, penis statues, etc."

Soon as I see a new person say "wut??" I think "Here is a guy that will be banned by someone in a week for something really stupid".
    And 80% of the time I'm correct :\

3. Offline

np98765

Same here. :)

But regardless, it seems like a cool plugin idea. You could probably use that word replaced that just was made/is being made.

I dont no if it wuz releesed yet.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!

4. Offline

pzxc

My plugin has a feature that could be used for this -- http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/vitals-plugin/

Turn on wordswap in the config, make sure you are an op or have the permission vitals.wordswap, then type commands like these in-game:
    /wordswap wat what
    /wordswap cant can't
    /wordswap plz please
    etc

5. Offline

Sushi

alot is the one that pisses _me_ off. :p

afistofirony likes this.