Ideas for Developers

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Drei Gyuu, May 2, 2011.

?

Do you support or like these ideas?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. Offline

Drei Gyuu

Hello, my name is Drei Gyuu and I am a new server owner, my goal is to develop a system in minecraft to be able to have players enjoy a non-heavy modified server with respects onto being able to maintain the vanilla feel in minecraft.

What is this?
    I have multiple ideas in my mind but here are the list of the ones that I think are important and really useful. I know they are not the most original ideas out there. I tried to look for them as plugins and they were not available and that is why I have decided to put them on here. If some of the plugins are already available please do advice me on where can I get it. Thank You.

1.) Spawned Items are different from Legit crafted items:
    • I spawn an item workbench its data value by default will be will be 54:0 or 54 However, here is what I wanted to do, when I craft a workbench using 4 planks it will still be able to make a workbench but its data value will be 54:1

Spawned Items are different from Legit crafted items [Explained more]:
    • I've expect most people will not understand this request. But basically the idea behind it is that. I've decided to make npcs in my server basically they sell common materials like workbenches, torches, and craftable tools etc. I am able to set the sell price and buy price for them. So basically I will have an npc that will sell a workbench for example. and there will be an npc where you can sell your workbench.
    Example of Pricing:
    Workbench(Item#54:0) Buying Price = 2.00 gold​
    Workbench(Item#54:0) Selling Price = 2.50 gold​

The reason why I want to make the selling price more is because Crafting the items manually and selling it to npcs will reward you with more gold.​

What I'm trying to avoid is this: People can just keep buying 2.00 worth of workbench and resell it right away to the other npc and gain a 0.50 profit.​

So what I want to do is. The items that you can buy from the NPC will be Workbench(Item#54:0)​
    and the item that you craft in your crafting window will be the exact same item but it will be Workbench(Item#54:1)​

Going back to Example of Pricing:
    Workbench(Item#54:0) Buying Price = 2.00 gold <----Will be sold in the npc
    Workbench(Item#54:0) Selling Price = 1.50 gold <----You sell it back to NPC you lose money
    Workbench(Item#54:1) Buying Price = 2.00 gold <-----Will only be able to obtain through crafting
    Workbench(Item#54:1) Selling Price = 2.50 gold <-----Make more profit for your crafted items

2.) Torch [Handheld,dropped]:
    • Handheld Torches as Light Source or if a torch item is drop it will have light source so you can throw it down a pit like a flare
    3.) Mob Spawner GUI [SOLVED - CreatureBox Plug-in]

• Basically the ability to change what a mob spawner spawns. That simple.
    4.) Slope Blocks [Not Possible]

• what the title says, source: Here

If you are interested but unclear of what I mean, just post the question and I'll try to explain further.

Cheeeersss~

2. Offline

RomaClanServer

1) I don't really understand this, but if you mean adding damage values (like colors on wool) to other items, I don't think that's possible with bukkit.

2)Look up Portable Torches on the plugin list

3)Look up creaturebox on the plugin list

4)Slopes would require client modding, wouldn't work on bukkit

3. Offline

Drei Gyuu

I looked up Portable Torches, and it is not the same thing, Although, I've requested the guy who made it to try to make it exactly how I thought it should be. He said he will look into it.

The creaturebox, THANK YOU! exactly what I was looking for!

About the Spawned Items are different from Legit crafted items [Explained more]:
    • I've re-edited the post and explained it a bit more.

I guess its too complicated

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  4. Offline

Theudas

I need to "mark" items for an economy plugin too and here is no answer to the damage values, is it possible to add dmg values to items? [and what happens if they are stacked?]

5. Offline

Vandolis

Its not that the idea is too complicated, its just that item data as well as item damage are used for other things such as colors on wool, or the direction a block is facing, so you can't just add new values and expect everything to work correctly.

Besides, why go out of the way to make a mod that would effectively duplicate every item in the game, when you can just balance your prices?

6. Offline

zhuowei

I'm not sure whether this is possible, but perhaps you can spawn the workbenches with a different damage value (eg 54:1) and allow the crafted workbenches to keep their normal damage value(54:0).

7. Offline

Celeo

You could track players who buy items from your npcs and prevent them from selling said item(s) for a certain amount of time. Not a completely clean fix, but workable.

8. Offline

CrossBread216

Maybe I'm missing something, but setting a buy price lower than a sell price sets up an opportunity for arbitrage and would make your players wish they could take advantage of it. It's ok if the buy price is the same as the sell price or the buy price is higher. (If the NPC is a "real" trader, why would they continually pay more than they can sell an item for?) I think the important part is to set the cost of the SUPPLIES to build an item so that they total less than the crafted item is worth.

Example: Iron Pickaxe = 2 sticks + 3 iron. So maybe sticks are 1$ each and iron is $10 each which totals $32 in raw materials. So your players should be able to sell an iron pickaxe for $50 (they make $18 for their time spent crafting) or buy a new one for $65 (they pay more because they saved time and made the NPC "do the crafting".)

Also, if you just change the data byte on the item, the player has no way of knowing which item came from where just by looking at it.

There's my suggestion. Take it or leave it.