Idea on login/logout messages

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Malo, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Offline

Malo

Plugin category: chat

Suggested name: LoginLogout+

A bit about me: I'm a server own who always is coming up with new ideas.

What I want:
    So i was just thinking when players login/logout there could be a thing that says something like this:

[Admin] iMalo logged in! There are now 10 players online!
    With the prefix we could have permissions, pex.... support to add prefix, suffix and so on. i think it could be completely customizable, and can add colour codes like &6 and so on. i havent seen the X ammount of players on before, and just another idea :) PM me if you make a plugin for this or update your with this.
    Also, when a new player join the server i would like it to say:
    [Server] Welcome (Name) to the server! 10 Unique players have joined the server!
    Make sure there are colours

Ideas for commands: N
    /login msg (msg here) - changes login msg
    /logout msg (msg here) -changes logout msg)

Ideas for permissions: No permissions

When I'd like it by: As soon as possible
    Similar plugin requests: None (that i know about)

edit: i noticed i posted in the wrong format. Edited to the right one.

2. Offline

Malo

anyone?

3. Offline

andrewpo

Hmm I'd make it if I had the time, but I have too much work to do right now. :/

If someone else hasn't had a go at it by next weekend, I'll have a go.

Malo likes this.
  4. Offline

Malo

ok thanks :)

5. Offline

C0nsole

uh, since there are commands I think there should have to be permissions. Maybe just login logout.*

6. Offline

Malo

well there doesn't have to be commands, its just an idea. are you making it?
    and ya if there is commands then loginlogout.*

7. Offline

C0nsole

Malo
    Sorry. Not much of a programmer, my last comment was intended for the dev who does pick up this project

8. Offline

Malo

ok thanks

9. Offline

andrewpo

Also for the unique players section, get it to depend on essentials/(commandbook??) and count the number of player data YMLs in the plugin folder (e.g. /plugins/essentials/players?/playername.yml,player2.yml,....)

It makes sense to me at least xD

10. Offline

travja

I have made my own plugin that does a thing kind of like this... I just changes the login message. I might be able to change it to have the prefix thing too. And telling how many people is online would be easy. I'll start work on Monday, will probably be done then too.

11. Offline

travja

Have officially started work on this.

Done making it. Sent him a PM with the link, if anyone else is interested in this just contact me.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
    Malo likes this.