Ice Biome Lag

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Deathfromace, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Deathfromace

Not really sure what can be done as there are no server errors. But anyone that walks into an ice biome on my server lags enough where it can crash the game. Is this a known thing and if so how can I fix it?

Edit: Flying a bit more out it looks like ice is spawning on water where ice shouldn't be and could be the cause of the lag. What can I do?

Edit2: I logged off in an area where it was not laggy but could see ice in the distance. When I got back on (seconds later) the whole area of water was covered in ice that forums a square every 13 blocks or so. So its 13 blocks of ice space and 13more forming giant squares of it. Is there a plugin I can get to fix what could be causing this issue? Because it is currently very far from the main area people play but if its spreading (as i've seen it do) I would think sooner or later ice will cover the whole server and lag it all down.

Edit3: Made a minute video of the problem and will post it up when I can.

Here is the video

The lag at the very end that crashed my game only happens in ice areas and when I jump or get near the top layer of ice that shouldn't even be there.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  2. Offline

pyraetos

That's pretty weird, what plugins and CB version are you using? Also, are you using a modded Minecraft?

3. Offline

Deathfromace

No modded minecraft and using the recommended build of bukkit #1597.

My plugins are
    Antilogger, BarterSigns, BattleNight, BlockCrusher, ClayGen, ColorMe, Creative Gates, Factions, Falsebook, LumberJack, McMMO, NoCheat, Permissions EX, Vehicle Exit.

All of them are up-to-date.

4. Offline

Deathfromace

Any chance my world seeing changing would cause this? Also no idea why it changes but it has a time or two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.