Solved I would like to hear your opinion on this

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Assist, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey.

Lately I've been working on a Domination-type of plugin (Google it if you don't know what it is), and currently I'm updating the capture points every 3 seconds. To capture a point, you have to stand near it until your team has 10 ticks on it, and 1 tick is added to the team for every player near it, maxing at 3. So it would take about 3 seconds to capture it if at least 3 players are capturing it. To me, that sounds way too fast, but at the same time, if only 1 player is capturing a point, it takes 30 seconds.

So, does anyone have any ideas what I should do to "fix" this? I can't think of a proper solution.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Actually, if 3 players are capturing a point, it takes about 9 seconds. That sounds reasonable, but I'd like to split it to half. As for 1 player capturing a point, I would like to split that to half as well. Now that I think of it, changing the required ticks from 10 to 5 should fix this. I'm not quite sure why I thought it would take 3 seconds rather than 9.

I guess this is solved, but any ideas are appreciated.

2. Offline

Maurdekye

Well, it tf2 it just multiplies the speed by the amount of people capturing it, probably up to a max or something. So if 10 people are capturing it, it should be finished in 3 seconds, but if 3 people are, it takes 10, and if 1 person is it takes 30.

3. Maurdekye
    I edited my post a sec ago, if you didn't notice already.

Thanks for the feedback, I could probably increase the ticks to get more precise timing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.