I need server help

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Gregrs, Apr 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Gregrs

I've only run about 2 servers (actual servers) but multiple that I've just created for shits and giggles and didn't even try to have a successful server. However, all of them have one thing in common; failure.

So I am here today because I need ideas. I've narrowed it down to two possible gamemode types. KitPvP, or Factions. Reason being, I like both of them equally, and they seem to be pretty popular. But I have no idea how to start.

For KitPvP, what are some things you like to see when you join a pvp server? What should the spawn look like?
    For Factions, what should the spawn look like? What should be some main features in the spawn? How big should it be? What plugins do I need?

Any help at all would be great appreciated.

2. Offline

pookeythekid

@Gregrs My opinion is very biased, but you can feel free to take it. I'd cross Factions off the list in a heartbeat. There are millions of Factions servers, and just personally I do not like that type of server. With KitPvP, that can sometimes be incredibly boring, or have one or two OP kits and the special-ability kits are worthless.

But out of the two, KitPvP wins. Now I did say my opinion is biased; I haven't played many KitPvP servers since I'm always on my favorite one. But what's on that server is a really great balance of abilities. Every special kit has its counterpart that's really hard to kill, and a lot of kits have unique instakill abilities. So as long as there's nice balance, and no one kit is over- or under-powered, you have a pretty good server.

Also, I'm not sure exactly how, but just make the server cosmetically unique in any way you can.

3. Offline

Gregrs

I was thinking more of everyone has the same kit, and each time you get a kill, you get some money; with the money, you can buy diamonds and enchantments, and stuff of that nature.

Theres two things though. Factions, it's enjoyable by yourself, only as long as there are bases to raid. However, with kit pvp, there 100% has to be other players on for you to even build up your playerbase. If there are no players, then you have no new players joining.

4. Offline

pookeythekid

@Gregrs That is true. And you've got a pretty interesting idea for KitPvP. My only concern about that is the pros who have played for a long time will totally dominate the newcomers. Perhaps you could separate players into different leagues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.