I need help with prefix/suffix/etc.

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by Runters, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Runters

Basically I have Groupmanager and Essentials(chat,etc.) and they seem to be conflicting. I want to have the one prefix but it shows world name, the name of the group, and whatever [g] is. I basically want those removed. The picture has a red dot over the crap I want to not be shown in chat.

Attached Files:

• how.PNG
      how.PNG
      File size:
      4.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Offline

FrostDevStudios

@Runters
    Your issue might be under the EssentialsChat section of your configuration
    Code:
    ############################################################
    # +------------------------------------------------------+ #
    # |                   EssentialsChat                     | #
    # +------------------------------------------------------+ #
    ############################################################

# This section requires the EssentialsChat.jar to work.

chat:

# If EssentialsChat is installed, this will define how far a player's voice travels, in blocks.  Set to 0 to make all chat global.
      # Note that users with the "essentials.chat.spy" permission will hear everything, regardless of this setting.
      # Users with essentials.chat.shout can override this by prefixing text with an exclamation mark (!)
      # Users with essentials.chat.question can override this by prefixing text with a question mark (?)
      # You can add command costs for shout/question by adding chat-shout and chat-question to the command costs section."
      radius: 0

# Chat formatting can be done in two ways, you can either define a standard format for all chat.
      # Or you can give a group specific chat format, to give some extra variation.
      # For more information of chat formatting, check out the wiki: http://wiki.ess3.net/wiki/Chat_Formatting

format: '<{DISPLAYNAME}> {MESSAGE}'
      #format: '&7[{GROUP}]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'

group-formats:
      #  Default: '{WORLDNAME} {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'
      #  Admins: '{WORLDNAME} &c[{GROUP}]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&c {MESSAGE}'

# If you are using group formats make sure to remove the '#' to allow the setting to be read.
    Delete the {WORLDNAME} and {GROUP} tags from the settings you may have enabled

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.