I need a new server or not?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by levisn1, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

levisn1

Hello, this is my server currently:

Intel XEON E3-1270 4 x 3,4 GHz mit HT
    32 GB DDR3 ECC
    2 x 2.000 GB Enterprise-Edition
    1gb/s NIC FairFlat..so is not a common 100mb/s

04:35:14 [INFO] This server is running CraftBukkit version git-Bukkit-1.3.2-R2.0-1-g06c9f8a-b2399jnks (MC: 1.3.2) (Implementing API version 1.3.2-R2.1-SNAPSHOT)

these my plugins:
    Plugins (32): OreRate, HideStream, PlugMan, WorldEdit, NoCheatPlus, SimpleFly, Simple-AutoSave, Buycraft, SaveItems, Vault, Multiverse-Core, PermissionsEx, CombatTag, WorldGuard, BorderGuard, CapsBlock, NoEnderChest, AuthMe, Announcer, WhatIsIt, RandomPlacer, NoSpawn, KillsPay, Essentials, floAuction, EssentialsProtect, EssentialsSpawn, VanishNoPacket, EssentialsAntiBuild, EssentialsChat, Factions, Portals

I have this problem, when i have in the server from 110 onwards players, my tps begin to fall reaching even to 3 or something. You can still play decently i think, but do pvp gets a little ugly. My question is whether this can depend on the fact that I have many plugins, or would I have normal, but some are heavy and constantly active? (I think NoCheatPlus and OreRate lever that diamonds from the world whenever they are genereti chunk) then consume the bandwidth to saturate? or mine is a problem in that the processor is too slow? or am I just too many slots? ... I see around server with up to 300 people and seem to really fluid. I do not think they have a connection of 10bgb / s, so I assumed that it can depend only on a more powerful processor. what do you think?
    my Budget is 130 /150 euro..

2. Offline

drtshock

How much ram do you allocate for your server? I notice when my server reaches it's capacity in ram that tps starts to drop drastically. I have auto restarts every 6 hours now and haven't had the problem sense with very similar plugins as you and not as nice of hardware.

3. Offline

levisn1

When output is 1.3, I had lag issues, and I used 30gb for java, so do a test I tried to lower to 28 and everything is settled, then I thought that Linux would need more ram. Now I've changed and added several plugins since then, that I do not seem to be many, and when I get to that number of players as I wrote before, the server begins to lose tps. Now I put 25GB but it is fluid and the pvp is pretty bad. I am not an expert on these things, I do not know if it is a maximum bandwidth of my server, if you have too many plugins, too many players, I have my server as the processor is no longer good. But I repeat I see server with 300 people all together and it looks fluid.

4. Offline

drtshock

What I do when I start to lose tps like that is write an examine file from NoLagg. If you can install and configure that then it will show you which plugin is using how many tps. You can even isolate it to 1 event in each plugin to find out if it's like a command process event in a specific plugin that is causing you lag when there are that many players.

NoLagg: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/nolagg/

5. Offline

levisn1

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

i think there is some problem.. mmm..i dont know..maybe the test with 30 players was not reliable beacouse otherwise it's impossibile have that lag..

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2016
  6. Offline

drtshock

[quote uid=90639574 name="levisn1" post=1387306]<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

i think there is some problem.. mmm..i dont know..maybe the test with 30 players was not reliable beacouse otherwise it's impossibile have that lag..[/quote]

Looks like the second one is fine but the first one is getting an overload from ChunkLoader. This is probably because a ton of people are teleporting in to chunks that aren't loaded. Not sure what to do from here as I have never had this problem. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

7. Offline

Gyldenglad

If chunk loading is the problem, then Multiverse can store the loaded chunks and keep them in memory. I think it's default, but it is whats called "Keepspawninmemory" in the world.cfg

8. Offline

levisn1

[quote uid=90649186 name="Gyldenglad" post=1387435]If chunk loading is the problem, then Multiverse can store the loaded chunks and keep them in memory. I think it's default, but it is whats called "Keepspawninmemory" in the world.cfg[/quote]
    This with 128 players...can you help me to identify where are the problems? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.