Question I have a question regarding Java

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Rbt, Jun 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Rbt

This does not have to do with Bukkit in general, but is there a way to keep code online? For example, if I wanted to create a program that requires a subscription and I do not want the users to gain access to the code so they can just remove the parts that checks if they are subscribed, how would I do this?

Is there any sort of way to keep Java code online to retrieve? I still know that it's potentially possible to modify the source, but it may add a little bit of protection.

I had an idea for a subscription-based plugin and I was curious how this could be possible without piracy issues.

Thanks. :)

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Rbt Yeah, subscription based plugins wouldn't be allowed by Bukkit.
    You will always have piracy as everybody can just download the file and distribute it.

3. Offline

Rbt

Yes, I was aware that would not be allowed through Bukkit due to possible hidden malicious code. I do agree that piracy is always possible. :( The big software companies such as Adobe can not avoid it either, but I am trying to minimize it as much as possible. The main thing I am looking for is accessing code that is available online.

Thanks regardless!

4. Online

Wasn't even aiming at malicious code, was aiming for payments.

5. Offline

Rbt

I guess that is another reason as well. I am not posting this anywhere on Bukkit such as the plugin sections, I am only asking regarding the Bukkit API and Java.

6. Online

Despite how you was gonna use it: impossible to counter the piracy on this.

7. Offline

Rbt

Yes, I understand that. :) Just as a step to make it harder, I was curious if there's any sort of way to access code from online and use it.

8. Online

@Rbt URLClassLoader

Rbt likes this.
  9. Offline

Rbt

Awesome! That's exactly what I was looking for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.